Motherwell v Hamilton Academical

25 minutes ago, Casagolda said:

I take it we’ve all pretty much just given up on McCormack then? 

There was talk of a minor calf strain prior to the Hearts game but absolutely nothing said about him in the two weeks since. Was well worth a punt but at this stage, it’s hard to see him getting fit enough to make any sort of meaningful contribution between now and the end of the season.

As such, Main for me is still very much the best of a very average bunch. Scott obviously has a lot of raw potential but hasn’t exactly done much thus far- in his albeit very limited game time- to suggest he’s ready to be leading the line on his own. 

Aye pretty much. Don't get me wrong it was worth a punt as by the sounds of it we're not actually paying him much and he is a classy player. He's just crocked so it'll be about May by the time he turns up. 

I'm kind of in the same boat as you with Main. He's still the best suited to this play style but I'd say this season has shown that in the summer we need to sign a quality centre forward for this system. I expect Main, Sammon & McCormack will all disappear in the summer so I'd be happy with an as-yes-unnamed centre forward, Scott as backup and Johnson making the tea.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
29 minutes ago, well fan for life said:

McCormack will all disappear in the summer

McCormack is out of contract in the summer - for the sake of argument, I wonder if there is any possibility that he would hang around? This is completely the same discussion as last year with Nadir* but if got him through pre-season, he could be a huge asset. I guess like Ciftci, he wouldn't be short of offers somewhere given his previous career....

Spoiler

*Dragging the thread on-topic: 

18 minutes ago, Swello said:

McCormack is out of contract in the summer - for the sake of argument, I wonder if there is any possibility that he would hang around? This is completely the same discussion as last year with Nadir* but if got him through pre-season, he could be a huge asset. I guess like Ciftci, he wouldn't be short of offers somewhere given his previous career....

Reveal hidden contents

He's got a year to go on his contract at Villa. He signed a four year deal in 2016 so unless they cancel his contract (as Celtic did with Ciftci) he's still their player until 2020.

It's clear they don't want him back and by all accounts he's no interest in going back there so I'd guess there's every chance we could ask the question of whether the loan could just be extended assuming he gets to some sort of fitness (ie: he's not the size of a house) by the end of the season. 

It's unlikely there will be any sides battering Villa's door down to pay cash money for him and I can't imagine many would be willing to contribute anything substantial to his wage on a loan deal.

15 hours ago, Mr Pikey said:

Mon the Well . 4-1 pumping to be handed out. Ps. Could somebody tell those wee twats fae Hamilton who come over trying to be  the Chelsea Headhunters at every game, to please just stay in the house with their mammies

:lol:

1 hour ago, Swello said:

Reveal hidden contents

I say this a lot but...

I MISS NADIR SO MUCH. :bairn

Archived