Brechin v East Fife, A90 away days.

Not a classic it seems then. We don’t have a lot of goals in that team and with no Dowds, Currie and Agnew we lose a lot of creativity and goals. I wonder if Kev Smith is injured as it looks like we might need him at some point.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The three shots we had on those stats were all from Meggatt, Dunlop and Higgins, we are certainly pretty shot shy up front without Aggy helping to create imo!!!

Smith on for Court, still just one up front I presume???
Thought we might be going for it a bit more in the final 10 minutes!!!

Court won't score us goals sadly. Not quite up to this level

Very true but at least it would be another body up front to try and help us win a game we need to win!!!
With only Kane or Linton left on the bench to come on, we don't have much in the way of options!!!

With all the injuries I don’t think a point is a bad thing. Another point closer to securing 4th spot too.

With Stranraer and Stenny coming up we can do with maximum points and hopefully have a few attacking options back too.

Match Stats:IMG_0655.thumb.jpg.b9f21b114a3ddd82de16dc4995946f9f.jpg

Well two more shots on target than we had on Saturday and like Saturday we edge the possession and gub the opposition on Corners but also like Saturday it's not much to write home about!!!

Lack of creativity is costing us dear, can we not just strap Aggy's arm to his body and play him???

Court won't score us goals sadly. Not quite up to this level

Just another stat but Kev came on for Court tonight for the last 8 minutes and proceeded to have more attempts on goal than Court has had in the last 4 games!!!
Just saying!!!

Positive to take from tonight's game was that our sub keeper from the heights of shettleston juniors claimed his first clean sheet in a goalless 0-0 feast which we should of won which was disappointing it was there to take like last Tuesday we've taken two points since the cup games from four league matches bit of a concern to our recent form. With the team so bare in attacking and creative options and point was fair with only two strikers among the team put out tonight.

Hopefully some of those out injured return ASAP!! particularly have another striker Available so when we need to go for it we can through one on or change it a bit onto the next two teams in the bottom three position now, we start scoring to win games of football and claim above fifth place!!!!!

These catch up midweek games seem to be producing draws which might show that the competition for fourth place and to avoid 9/10 place keeps going.  We have five away and four at home in last quarter but as we average about 11 points in each quarter so far, I can't see us featuring at the top end.  I would see 40 points as safety so hope to pick up a point at Raith on Saturday.

We were solid at the back but we look so toothless upfront which is what you'd expect from a squad full of defenders and defensive midfielders. Barry has brought in some good players in the last couple of months but not the right type of players. Kavanagh is an absolute waste of a jersey, has nae quality and shits out of every challenge. Jamieson was innefective but I will reserve judgement for now, but it was a big striker we needed especially if we are going to continue lumping balls forward.

Need to be winning games like these if we can't pick up wins against teams around us.

If we beat Stennie at Bayview next Tuesday that will give us 14 points for third quarter of the season. Not a disaster, just hope the injuries clear up and we can get a settled team on the park for the last 9 games.

2 hours ago, King Kebab said:

Just another stat but Kev came on for Court tonight for the last 8 minutes and proceeded to have more attempts on goal than Court has had in the last 4 games!!!
Just saying!!!

As you suggest it’s a relatively  irrelevant statistic as Kev. didn’t contribute anything in his 8 mins which is not really a surprise as like Court he was up front on his own.  I can only assume you weren’t there tonight  as you  didn’t mention that Court was on his own up front and was continually  fed high balls which were mopped up by two big central defenders. For periods in the game tonight his main support was Pat Slattery.

Went to the game last night to see how Brechin are looking after a few new signings.Poor poor game like some poster mentioned the ball was never out of the air.
Did like the look of Toshney and Hill at the back for Brechin two solid players Hill wins a fair amount in the air,not sure about Scobbie thought he was quite poor was expecting a bit more from him. East Fife knocked the ball about well but just no end product,hard shift for court up top on his own.Who is the East Fife Goalkeeper? Looked a bit dodgy at times.

As you suggest it’s a relatively  irrelevant statistic as Kev. didn’t contribute anything in his 8 mins which is not really a surprise as like Court he was up front on his own.  I can only assume you weren’t there tonight  as you  didn’t mention that Court was on his own up front and was continually  fed high balls which were mopped up by two big central defenders. For periods in the game tonight his main support was Pat Slattery.

I was there. I thought Court had an impossible job and did ok. I am not a fan of 1 up front for the reasons of no support but I do feel the manager had no choice in view of the players at his disposal.It was an awful game that we could of won. But On reflection it was a point gained in view of the players missing.

I have reconciled that Agnew is out for a while. We miss Currie, really miss Dowds and really, really miss Long( ok no goals conceded last night but we will face better attacks!) Hope the trio are back soon.

Archived