Brechin v East Fife, A90 away days.

After the reality check on Saturday, we need to get back on the horse. No idea what team we can put out, as the injury list has suddenly become a who's who of first team regulars. ( Big Fifer, I still remember that comment you made a while back).

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If long's missing this one hopefully hes ok to play but yet again we missing others so hard to tell whos available but at the moment i'll pick those.

Terry - Dunsmore Meggat Higgins Slattery/Sparky - Watt, Davidson, Linton, B. Watson with Dowds and either Currie or Kev.

6 hours ago, smuggfifer said:

After the reality check on Saturday, we need to get back on the horse. No idea what team we can put out, as the injury list has suddenly become a who's who of first team regulars. ( Big Fifer, I still remember that comment you made a while back).

A reality check will be if you lose to us :lol: 

Looks like Long sprained his ankle so doubt he'll be playing for a while. Not sure what happened with Murdoch against Forfar so hopefully it wasn't anything serious and wonder why Currie wasn't in the squad. The squad suddenly seems a bit thin again. Have to learn from the mistakes we made on Saturday. 3 at the back is a no-go for me. And Kevin Smith is an impact sub at best these days I'm afraid.

Terry
Dunsmore Meggat Dunlop Higgins
Broque Linton Davidson Watt
Dowds and Currie

15 hours ago, smuggfifer said:

What comment was this? :lol:

In danger of repeating myself, but we were never going to get to the end of the season, with the fixture backlog we have, without a sticky patch. Currently, we're in the PVC glue part of our season it would appear.

Lots of players in and out at the moment, and I appreciate it's tough, but man we need to get back to getting three points. Confidence within the team looks a bit shook at the moment but I reckon one win alone will hopefully get us back into our groove. 

I was about to type a line up here, but I have no idea how I possibly can (because Darren probably can't yet!). Who's on the niggle list these days? Long, Janny, Dunlop (although he played at the weekend), Currie? I'm not entirely sure. Hopefully we can get returning to a back 4, and I suspect Darren will have punished Sparky at the weekend because he felt he had too, most likely back in the side. 

Lets just try and keep it solid the first half in this game, and hopefully come away with les trois points.

3-1 Fife, John Martin with both our goals. 

Good luck to Darren and the team on Tuesday .  Bring home the 3 points to get back on track. MON THE FIFE .                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              

2 hours ago, monthefife said:

Dowds, Currie, C. Watson, Long, Agnew all out. Oh dear.

Fuckin brutes. I think there's a genuine case for at least 4 of that 5 to be said to be our best players. Davo in there too of course, but I digress. 

Aiiight, time to speculate a team then. I have a suspicion with our limited strikers we might see the 4-5-1 return, Court up alone with Broque supporting so 4-4-1-1 when we have the ball but we have an issue that our right side is significantly weaker with just one injury. Perhaps 5-3-2 to start with, 4-4-1-1 if we can bring Watt/Kev on later to play wider. Can Murdoch play out wide?

Terry

Dunlop Meggatt Higgins

Dunsmore Sparky Davo Murdoch Pat

Broque Court

Ach. I've no idea, with the injuries we have tonight could see anything. 

I wasn't too far away to be fair!

Everybody seems to be forgetting that Murdoch got taken off injured at Forfar as well, that's three players we've lost from that one game - all starters!!!

Archived