County Vs Morton

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, staggy4life said:

A great shout considering he's played most his career at RB but been fairly solid at CB.

He’s roasting it, considering when he signed it was “aslong as he doesn’t get injured” he’s been the most consistent and underrated player this year....

the only issue is our back 4 are so small!

Firstly well done to all the Morton fans who travelled north for the game. It was brutally cold today so a good effort, I hope you had a safe trip back down the road.

Terrible conditions during the first half with a biting cold wind and heavy snow showers, I am sure that didnt help either side play decent football. I think the visitors had the better of the first 45 minutes.

Second half we looked a lot sharper. Once we went 1 up I felt there was only going to be one winner and so it proved.

Delighted with the 3 points and even better to hear about the late winner for Partick Thistle.

The car heater was on full blast all the way home.

Huge win for Ross County this weekend with the results elsewhere - that’s the title wrapped up now. We competed well and were probably the better team in the first half but if you defend like we did for both goals and create no real chances then you deserve to lose. The result was entirely predictable as soon as the first goal went in, which has been the constant issue ever since the Finnish clown took over.

Did anyone expect a different outcome? Amazing that we are six points from both promotion and relegation playoffs, but only going in one direction.

Yep: exactly nowhere.

Ours is the dictionary definition of a midtable mediocrity campaign yet some people still think that we’re going to face a playoff at either end of the table.

By ditching this myth we can actually focus on next season’s team and bin absolute mercenary snakes like Tidser, who was absolutely garbage today anyway.

First half Morton were the better side without creating anything of note, held us comfortably at arm's length and our passing game was absolutely all over the place with numerous sloppy balls across the park that Morton players picked off with ease. Second half we improved and passed it a bit quicker in the better weather once the snow passed. First goal was a clever bit of play by Midge and a good finish by Mullin. Morton wobbled for a bit then got back into it before Cowie's absolutely beautiful cross for Graham to nod in killed it, you could almost see the Morton players heads collectively go down with that goal.

Honestly, that Cowie ball was absolutely sexual. The best thing he's done since his return.

1 hour ago, Comrie said:

First half Morton were the better side without creating anything of note, held us comfortably at arm's length and our passing game was absolutely all over the place with numerous sloppy balls across the park that Morton players picked off with ease. Second half we improved and passed it a bit quicker in the better weather once the snow passed. First goal was a clever bit of play by Midge and a good finish by Mullin. Morton wobbled for a bit then got back into it before Cowie's absolutely beautiful cross for Graham to nod in killed it, you could almost see the Morton players heads collectively go down with that goal.

Honestly, that Cowie ball was absolutely sexual. The best thing he's done since his return.

Fair comment.

While we had a type of dominance  County still managed to create  a few chances and looked more potent.

Not sure about the quality of the crosses out defence failed to pressure  him allowing both crosses too easily.

Hard to see from our sun in our face position, when the  snow went off, but our goalie didn't cover himself in glory.

Seems to have gone back in the last two weeks and is now staying on his line more. Hope that's not our coaching.

Poor show no programmes never seen the likes before. Anyway congrats on the championship a fair result.

Was happy with how we played until failures at the goals need to take the game to Alloa next week and not just hope for a result. Kilty looks the man to lead the attack.

It wasn't an especially entertaining match, but it ticked all of the old rosscountytactics.com boxes for me.

• Morton's 3-5-2 vs County's 4-4-2
  • Morton having the greater numbers in midfield vs County trying to double-up on the flanks
  • Fox releasing the ball early to the full-backs for once (credit to the management for doing their homework and having a plan to counter the opponents' expected line-up)
  • County's full-backs not doing enough to get forward when they had so much space to do that, Fraser especially.  Van der Weg did put in a peach of a cross from the goal-line in the first half though.
  • 'Midge' Millar doing an excellent job in checking 'Midge' Gardyne any time that Gardyne vaguely looked like coming in off the wing, I thought that Millar was the best player on the pitch. Lyon helped pin Van der Weg back at times as well

The worst aspect of the game as a whole for me was that there were four strikers and none of them had an impact for most of the match.  Graham was the best of the four and he was getting in good positions as the pitch was stretched in the last half hour.  The other three were barely involved.

1 hour ago, frankthetank22 said:

When are the highlights up? I'm dying to see that Don Cowie cross for Graham to score.

Archived