County Vs Morton

37 minutes ago, virginton said:

I'm afraid that your contribution to this debate stopped being relevant when you claimed that we'd be better off with Dykes on the park than your bizarre nemesis McAlister. 

Unlucky.

This didn’t happen though; I made an obviously tongue in cheek comment on the lines of ‘Is Dykes really any worse than McAlister though?’ to highlight how poor McAlister has been, because Dykes has contrived to be so bad in the space of six games that comparing anyone else to him is a hyperbolic way to say they’re not good enough.

McAlister is quite clearly a considerably better player than Dykes. He’s also done nothing this season to merit another contract with a Championship club, although he’s apparently played enough to get some kind of automatic offer of an extension anyway.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It did happen though and it wasn't so much 'tongue in cheek' as 'tongue rolling out in hysterical meltdown'.

McAlister will be playing here next season and Tidser will not; Tidser is a massive King Snake and McAlister is not. McAlister should therefore be playing and will likely turn in a 6 or 7/10 performance as usual. 

Going by OTB, it looks like both Stewart and Draper are out.  Pretty big blows but maybe the "Harry-Teddy-Paton Overdrive"* can get a shot at some point.

*It doesn't really work, does it? 

2 minutes ago, yoda said:

Going by OTB, it looks like both Stewart and Draper are out.  Pretty big blows but maybe the "Harry-Teddy-Paton Overdrive"* can get a shot at some point.

*It doesn't really work, does it? 

No.  No it does not.  Daniel Bachmann Turner overdrive might work, just about, but he plays for Kilmarnock now, for some reason.

Venison pie?  That sounds very appealing.  I had one of the Aulds steak pies at Cappielow last Tuesday night and that was a cut above the cheaper Scotch pie, but a venison pie would be cordon bleu.

The venison pie is my  favourite, have to get one before kick off as you'll probably miss out if you go at half time.

6 minutes ago, Comrie said:

The venison pie is my  favourite, have to get one before kick off as you'll probably miss out if you go at half time.

Venison pie?? Sounds like it's offa dear....... 

7 hours ago, Comrie said:

I'll be right up for it on arrival. Cash the PB's that should cover it.

Today's Inv Courier suggests Vigurs will be in the match squad, but Draper and Stewart will be absent again.

So I think it's either:

442 with Graham and McManus up front, with no strikers in reserve other than ickle James Wallace, and probably Vigurs and Cowie on the bench; or

433 with Lindsay and Spence accompanied by one of Cowie or Vigurs in midfield, with the other on the bench.  I think it'll be Graham up front and McManus as the change.

County are playing Saturday - Tuesday - Friday - Tuesday so there will be plenty minutes available to all of them in due course.

I have to say that Spence has quickly won me over after thinking he was a superflous signing. 

The squad is full of experience to get us promotion this season plus some exciting young ones to play over the next 12 months.

Convinced Semple was going to be a summer signing but when the chance came early to get him we took it. Similar to Armstrong.

I am now wondering who will stay for next season and who will not.

5 hours ago, bunglebonce said:

Today's Inv Courier suggests Vigurs will be in the match squad, but Draper and Stewart will be absent again.

So I think it's either:

442 with Graham and McManus up front, with no strikers in reserve other than ickle James Wallace, and probably Vigurs and Cowie on the bench; or

433 with Lindsay and Spence accompanied by one of Cowie or Vigurs in midfield, with the other on the bench.  I think it'll be Graham up front and McManus as the change.

There's also Midge behind Graham with Armstrong out wide in a 4231 but I think Cowie will start in the middle with Spence and Lindsay in a 433.

Archived