Celtic v Aberdeen

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, TheCelt67 said:

Poor performance, as others have said we're missing Christie, Rogic and McGregor. Hopefully at least one of them are back for the semi final. 

I fear we’ll be missing 1 or 2 of them permanently when Brendan comes calling in the summer. 

That was as poor a Celtic performance since the Ronny Delia days. At least in the 2nd half we actually attacked when we took off the useless Wilson and replaced with Dean Campbell. Dean doesn't look out of place and will be a fine replacement for Shinnie. 

Hopefully our injury issues clear up a little as we was so light out wide and also very light in defence. 

That was as poor a Celtic performance since the Ronny Delia days. At least in the 2nd half we actually attacked when we took off the useless Wilson and replaced with Dean Campbell. Dean doesn't look out of place and will be a fine replacement for Shinnie. 
Hopefully our injury issues clear up a little as we was so light out wide and also very light in defence. 

Possibly a bit much to label Campbell a replacement for shinnie at this point in time?

Aye I wouldn’t jump the gun on that one considering Shinnie’s potentially the best centre mid in the league, Celtic aside.

Campbell’s looked decent coming on but he’s still 17 and will need to make his mistakes, as all players need to. If we can get another centre mid in, I’d like to see him loaned out. Look how much good it’s doing for Anderson and Wright to learn to take that responsibility. If they can come back and produce we’ll be doing very well, and Campbell deserves the opportunity to develop away from the fickle Pittodrie fans.

1 hour ago, Dons_1988 said:

Possibly a bit much to label Campbell a replacement for shinnie at this point in time?

Aye maybe it is a bit too soon but the two sub  performances against Celtic shows he isn't out of place in the team and might not need a loan move to get game time. It might be worth dropping Lewis Ferguson soon for him who has looked poor in the last 4 or 5 games. 

1 hour ago, Henrik's tongue said:

Yeah you may well be right.

Possibly Rogic too though I think.

He just doesn't seem to have the fitness to really push on. Obviously a super talent, but he's not really capable of doing it over a whole game. And even when he is making an impact in the little time he's on the pitch, he struggles to string together a full season. 

If he could do that, he'd score 20 a season and be down south like a shot. As it stands, he'll stay at Celtic before being a luxury player for a top end Championship team when he fancies a change. Objectively, I'd like to see him do that, because he's a fine player when he's in his pomp. 

9 hours ago, RussellAnderson said:

He just doesn't seem to have the fitness to really push on. Obviously a super talent, but he's not really capable of doing it over a whole game. And even when he is making an impact in the little time he's on the pitch, he struggles to string together a full season. 

If he could do that, he'd score 20 a season and be down south like a shot. As it stands, he'll stay at Celtic before being a luxury player for a top end Championship team when he fancies a change. Objectively, I'd like to see him do that, because he's a fine player when he's in his pomp. 

I agree with most of this to be honest. Dont think he will ever have the required fitness levels for the EPL to make a significant impact. We have seen him in Europe play a blinder for the first half then whittle away before getting the hook after the hour. He is obviously known for late moments of magic but we can afford domestically to chance that. He is the only player Rodgers seemed to break his strict fitness and pressing rules for which does show his technical talent. I think he would be more suited going to another league in Europe if he leaves however.

Archived