Falkirk v Ayr United, Friday, 8th March.

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Fun Fact.
Ayr wouldn't have beaten us the 1st 2 times if we didn't have such a donkey in goals.

But we did so it’s not so much a fact as it is a pointless point to make.

Fun Fact.

Ayr wouldn't have beaten us the 1st 2 times if we didn't have such a donkey in goals.

I think the one thing we can say is that mistakes by the respective keepers have been instrumental in the results of all four meetings this season.

Ayr fans appear impressed overall with their keeper but his mistakes have cost them in both the last two meetings now.

Thought we played well tonight but although McGhee had a good night, ironically, I really thought our keeper, Burgoyne, should have been man of the match with those second half saves....

I think the one thing we can say is that mistakes by the respective keepers have been instrumental in the results of all four meetings this season.
Ayr fans appear impressed overall with their keeper but his mistakes have cost them in both the last two meetings now.
Thought we played well tonight but although McGhee had a good night, ironically, I really thought our keeper, Burgoyne, should have been man of the match with those second half saves....

Even though Doohans made a couple blunders against us, he’s still easily the best goalie in the division for me. Pretty sure he’s got the most clean sheets as well.

21 minutes ago, Senor Bairn said:

Even though Doohans made a couple blunders against us, he’s still easily the best goalie in the division for me. Pretty sure he’s got the most clean sheets as well.

I agree Senor but I think if Burgoyne had played a whole season with us he’d be the best mate.

Another team who's turned in 'one of their worst performances of the season' against us.

I think we might be causing teams to look shite lads.

Maybe. But the number of times we gave the ball away and failed to choose/make a simple pass last night was frightening. Didn’t feel like you lot were playing a particularly “high press” 🤢either.

Shankland had the two best chances of the game but like the rest of the team he’s just off it for some reason.

Having looked pretty solid so far, last night validated a lot of Falkirk fans opinions about Muirhead. All at sea.

9 hours ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Comfortable tonight with Burgoyne more than a match for anything Ayr sent his way.
Won’t lose many goals the way the team is set up and the pressing game we are playing.
Fantastic team spirit considering how many loan players we have, young DKD was going mental at full time!
Great to see.

I love Keilor-Dunn's thinly veiled digs at Ross County after every game we play, usually something along the lines of us having a support that he's never seen the likes of before. 

6 minutes ago, NewBornBairn said:

Oh dear, we were dominated again!!

dom.thumb.PNG.b4967832580c4091e36218a27ed9cc75.PNG

Often find those stats are a load of shite normally when you see them it never shows the team who won as having the most possession, the end of the day its the chances you take in front of goal and being able to get them in the back of the net,  prime example other night with PSG complaining about the refereeing decision with the penalty going against them and highlighting Man Utd had 4 shots on goal the whole game.

10 hours ago, Lochwood said:

So we don’t give the boy Hare Reid a game your saying what the f—- is the point of having the boy, there’s no pressure now as we’re in free fall and have been for weeks.

as for your comment about McCall I sincerely hope your right 

McCall must be one of the most successful managers in your history. He has you sitting well above your station so get back in your box and enjoy where you are. It's not going to last. 

Fwiw I think folk are being a bit harsh on Muirhead. Smith and Harvie sold out Muirhead and Rose quite a few times last night.

Really don't get the Crawford boo boys on last nights performance, he wasn't by any stretch the worst on the park.

We really are missing Forrest on that right side, any news of when he's back?

Didn't think we were great but once we got in front we managed the game easily. Big Harry had a couple of top saves but outside of that Ayr never really threatened. Second half we created nothing.

You have to hand it to McKinnon. He has got a formula that is working. It is not pretty but Christ are we hard to beat.

Thought Osman was excellent last night and the back four good too.

We can do to Dingwall with a little less pressure especially if the three clubs around us lose today.

Didn't think we were great but once we got in front we managed the game easily. Big Harry had a couple of top saves but outside of that Ayr never really threatened. Second half we created nothing.

You have to hand it to McKinnon. He has got a formula that is working. It is not pretty but Christ are we hard to beat.

Thought Osman was excellent last night and the back four good too.

We can do to Dingwall with a little less pressure especially if the three clubs around us lose today.
I was very impressed with Osman. He does the job that can easily go unnoticed but I've been impressed with him every time I've seen him. He blocked off Shankland to win the ball on the build up to our second, yet I can guarantee a lot didn't notice it

Archived