Falkirk v Ayr United, Friday, 8th March.

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So we don’t give the boy Hare Reid a game your saying what the f—- is the point of having the boy, there’s no pressure now as we’re in free fall and have been for weeks.

as for your comment about McCall I sincerely hope your right 

Lochwood's usual super negative contribution. Doohan has been superb all season. Are goalkeepers expected to never ever make a mistake? Anyway, as mistakes go it wasn't an absolute howler. He was caught out by a freak cross cum shot. His only howler all season was, funnily enough, against Falkirk at Somerset when he dropped a shot right at Rudden's feet, leading to the game's only goal. 

So we don’t give the boy Hare Reid a game your saying what the f—- is the point of having the boy, there’s no pressure now as we’re in free fall and have been for weeks.
as for your comment about McCall I sincerely hope your right 

The brutal truth of it is he’s a cheap back up option like Avci was. He might get a chance he might not but there’s no way you can drop Doohan for him.

I sincerely hope I’m wrong about McCall but then again a lot of our supporters would be happy to see him go. Hope he ignores them.

Throughly enjoyed that tonight tbh, there's a real team spirit in the squad and we actually look like a group again. 

McCall's football is basic, which isn't necessarily an insult, but sticking 3 in the centre against that old school 4-4-2 means if you nick a goal, as we did tonight, it becomes much easier to choke the game and see it out. Paton was excellent in there and I think him/Osman/McShane all compliment each other well. Mark Kerr is still a classy player in possession but he's not running the game alongside some no mark with our three overloading. 

Robson and McGhee overlapping was key tonight, gives us a different dimension to our play having them offering real width down both sides. I'd put Dixon back in for Tuesday night but it's a tougher decision at home to Thistle next week. 

Shout outs to Burgoyne of course and The Edge, who had the cigars out again. 

Plenty pressure on Thistle, Alloa and the farmers tomorrow which is a big advantage of playing first. 

18 minutes ago, jm86 said:

Lochwood's usual super negative contribution. Doohan has been superb all season. Are goalkeepers expected to never ever make a mistake? Anyway, as mistakes go it wasn't an absolute howler. He was caught out by a freak cross cum shot. His only howler all season was, funnily enough, against Falkirk at Somerset when he dropped a shot right at Rudden's feet, leading to the game's only goal. 

Nah he totally fucked it. The shot of it from the camera on the same side showed just what a massive howler it was. He could have stood still and caught it.

Nah he totally fucked it. The shot of it from the camera on the same side showed just what a massive howler it was. He could have stood still and caught it.

I literally saw the ball go in the box, saw Doohan under the ball about to catch it, went back to looking at my phone and heard a cheer from the tele.

I still can’t work out what he was doing.

Just now, D'Jaffo said:

I literally saw the ball go in the box, saw Doohan under the ball about to catch it, went back to looking at my phone and heard a cheer from the tele.

I still can’t work out what he was doing.

Nope, no idea. He's totally fucked it. It's not even like it caught a gust of wind or had some mad direction change.

If you can find it look up the camera shot of it I mentioned in my last post (it was shown in the closing credits of the broadcast).

Nope, no idea. He's totally fucked it. It's not even like it caught a gust of wind or had some mad direction change.
If you can find it look up the camera shot of it I mentioned in my last post (it was shown in the closing credits of the broadcast).

Was pretty shocked as well as he’s been solid all season barring that tonight and one in the last game vs Falkirk.

I’ll see if it’s on BBC iPlayer

Comfortable tonight with Burgoyne more than a match for anything Ayr sent his way.
Won’t lose many goals the way the team is set up and the pressing game we are playing.
Fantastic team spirit considering how many loan players we have, young DKD was going mental at full time!
Great to see.

I enjoyed that tonight. Thought we played well and with a degree of composure I’ve not seen for a while.
Did anyone these two wallopers and their mates fighting down the front of the South Stand ? What the f**k was that about.

Best bit is when the guy with glasses on went in as the peacekeeper and then started fighting with everyone [emoji23][emoji85]

I enjoyed that tonight. Thought we played well and with a degree of composure I’ve not seen for a while.
Did anyone these two wallopers and their mates fighting down the front of the South Stand ? What the f**k was that about.

Aye wit was going on with them :lol:

Archived