Falkirk v Ayr United, Friday, 8th March.

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wonder if making him Captain here was a mistake. Maybe he felt responsible for too much, which would account for him running around everywhere at defensive set pieces instead of staying with his man.  As a team we do rely a lot on our fullbacks hoofing it up the line into the corners and he wasn't very good at that either.

17 hours ago, rb123! said:

McCall hinting today that Kerr isn't a definite for starting on Friday night, just said he's 'nearing' a starting return.

He was out a good while, probably be a couple more games yet before he's fully fit.
Looking forwards to him coming on in the 2nd and spraying (accurate) passes about. 

Andy Geggan, Craig Moore, Alan Forrest and Stevie Bell out injured.

Alan Muir the ref for this one so neither goalie better try and protect their area at corners or they'll get sent off.

10 hours ago, LauriestonBairn said:

Feel sorry for Muirhead. Was forced to play right back for two seasons under Houston. Did a solid enough job. Got moved back to his favoured position when the team were struggling and got pellets from a lot of the fans. Always felt he gave his all with us.

Half the problem was that we all presumed he was murder as he was getting played out of position until he got moved to centrehalf and was still murder.

I've had a go at Paton all season, but no chance he should be dropped based on his performance levels over the last 5-6 weeks. He wasn't amazing against Morton but I'd have him in place of Waddington in your XI.

I'd also not be averse to giving Lavery or Jarvis a run instead of Petravicius, who I still think would be best used as a pacy substitute.

Andy Geggan, Craig Moore, Alan Forrest and Stevie Bell out injured.

Alan Muir the ref for this one so neither goalie better try and protect their area at corners or they'll get sent off.
What's up with Stevie bell? And geggan still not back? I hate these niggly injuries that keep players out for longee than anticipated.

27 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Any estimations from Ayr fans on how many we'll take up, i'd reckon we'll be struggling for 500.

The Bellrock isn't even running a bus for tomorrow which says a lot, lucky if they'll be 350-400

50 minutes ago, THEHonestman1910 said:

The Bellrock isn't even running a bus for tomorrow which says a lot, lucky if they'll be 350-400

Disappointing but unsurprising considering it's a Friday night and lot of people working up to the dinner time. Also fun and games  getting through Glasgow Friday night rush hour, earlier kick off doesn't help either. Going by the game on last Friday night it was a poor looking crowd.

34 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Disappointing but unsurprising considering it's a Friday night and lot of people working up to the dinner time. Also fun and games  getting through Glasgow Friday night rush hour, earlier kick off doesn't help either. Going by the game on last Friday night it was a poor looking crowd.

There were only around 1800 there, would have been about 2500 had it been on the Saturday. 

2 hours ago, Marshmallo said:

I've had a go at Paton all season, but no chance he should be dropped based on his performance levels over the last 5-6 weeks. He wasn't amazing against Morton but I'd have him in place of Waddington in your XI.

I'd also not be averse to giving Lavery or Jarvis a run instead of Petravicius, who I still think would be best used as a pacy substitute.

I don't think he'll leave out the experience of Paton for Waddington either. I would have Paton on the right of any midfield 3 I think.

Archived