Falkirk v Ayr United, Friday, 8th March.

1 hour ago, gav-ffc said:

Bit of a throwback but his volley v east Stirling in one of the cups was sexual.

I knew there was one I was forgetting, some boi indeed. However as others have mentioned already, a shame he genuinely couldn't pass the ball to a teammate five yards away :lol:

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just want Aero to go for one of his outback walkabouts on Friday. Don’t want that eliminated from his game any time soon, but you just know he will deliver a 100% focussed 90 minutes on Friday before letting the familiar failings creep back into his game.

Dixon will be a major miss for us. Hoping Jarvis might play, and give us a “never saw that coming” goalfest. We really need to start winning more games pronto.

Not linked at all

He’s been tremendous since signing. Not the first time a player leaving a poor environment to come into a thriving one has helped him out.

We are unbeaten since he left, how are your results going...

Muirhead is a strange one, he can stroke a penalty away with pinpoint accuracy giving the keeper absolutely no chance then he fails to find a team mate with a pass you would expect a 5 year old to make.

On ‎03‎/‎03‎/‎2019 at 20:03, roman_bairn said:

Can’t make up my mind whether Ayr have now dropped to an average side from the very decent side we saw up to the end of the year. This game should tell us more.
No question that this is a game that Falkirk need to win.
Thoughts here please......

A bit of perspective is probably needed regarding where we are. We went on a freak run at the start of the season and if Shankland had kept that form up he'd be looking at a 50 goal season.

If you'd said to most Ayr fans at the start of the season we'd finish in 8th spot and played some decent football, most people would probably take that.

Sadly can't make this but I should be able to catch the 2nd half on TV.

Can only echo what others have said, we need to risk a bit more to turn these draws into wins or we're going to be in real trouble. We're without Dixon so we'll have Robson in at LB, I'd really like to see us play one of Todorov/Jarvis from the start and maybe drop Paton/Osman to the bench. I just think that despite the unbeaten run we're lacking something going forward.

We really rode our luck in the 2nd half against Ayr last time and they were without Shankland so this will undoubtedly be a tough game despite the downturn in their form. 

2 hours ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Just want Aero to go for one of his outback walkabouts on Friday. Don’t want that eliminated from his game any time soon, but you just know he will deliver a 100% focussed 90 minutes on Friday before letting the familiar failings creep back into his game.

Dixon will be a major miss for us. Hoping Jarvis might play, and give us a “never saw that coming” goalfest. We really need to start winning more games pronto.

I think Ray will persist with his safety first policy for at least the next two games. So Rudden up front on his own with Petra or DKD supporting him v Ayr and Petra v RC. 

He'll hope to snatch a win against Ayr and will try to shitfest a draw in Dingwall. If we manage that and Alloa & Partick's results go in our favour he may then take the shackles of a bit and use a more expansive formation for the run-in.

If he's been playing, and you've been conceding goals, he's at least a teeny bit at fault. Same with everyone else on the pitch. 

We’ve conceded 2 goals with him on the pitch and one was a penalty given away by Michael Rose.

So we’ve conceded one goal from open play with Muirhead on the pitch. Not too bad.

26 minutes ago, HopeStreetPieStall said:

If he's been playing, and you've been conceding goals, he's at least a teeny bit at fault. Same with everyone else on the pitch. 

Shankland hasn't been fit the past couple of matches, however our results aren't as bad as some are making out.

We were narrowly beaten away to a good County side who are top of the league, we drew 0-0 at Cappielow but dominated the game and never looked in any danger of losing and our recent match against Dunfermline was set up for another 0-0 draw until Dunfermline were gifted a penalty and they managed to sneak it 1-0. Apart from that we won convincingly away to Alloa, had a comfortable win at home to Dundee Utd and were beaten 3-2 at home by Inverness where we gifted them 3 goals due to individual errors and should have had at least a draw in the end up.

You have to be very careful about all this "should have, could have, would have" stuff - it can sound like excuses and breed mental weakness if vocalised in the team. You can be pleased with the performances on the park but the bottom line is we didn't win many games and that needs to change for the run in.

I'm hopeful that a fully fit Shankland, the return of Mark Kerr as an extra creative option and, a couple weeks away only hopefully, the return of Forrest to the bench at least will give us the wee lift we need to convert decent performances into solid wins. 'Mon Ayr!

I seem to remember someone mention Jarvis played off the left? How about a front 3 of Jarvis/Rudden/Petra with DKD as a 10. Especially when we have Dixon and McGhee at full back who aren’t exactly bombing forward.
Robson will be playing LB. #Bombing

8 minutes ago, Bairney The Dinosaur said:

I seem to remember someone mention Jarvis played off the left? How about a front 3 of Jarvis/Rudden/Petra with DKD as a 10. Especially when we have Dixon and McGhee at full back who aren’t exactly bombing forward.

I think that McShane and Osman/Paton would be a bit overrun in the middle, no?

1 hour ago, Bairney The Dinosaur said:

Four up front would be madness. Ayr play a flat 4-4-2 I believe, we need to get three grafters in the middle to take the advantage there.

Archived