Falkirk v Ayr United, Friday, 8th March.

I’m in New York for this one so missing it but not confident. As @placidcasual said we’ve been dug meat since October and Falkirk have improved with there January signings. 

Considering the start to the season we had it’s a bit of a minter that we now look like we might not even make the playoffs. We really need to start picking up wins asap so that if we do make the playoffs we have the best possible chance of promotion. Dundee United, despite there January signings didn’t look great today and ICT deserved their win. 

We looked alright against Ross County but the defending for the 1st and 3rd was eye bleedingly bad. Michael Rose form has dipped in recent weeks while Daniel Harvie hasn’t been really poor in recent weeks however we don’t really have anyone to come in for him while Geggan is out. 

I’d go: 

I’d go: 

Doohan

Smith Muirhead Rose Harvie

Miller Kerr Murdoch McDaid

Moffat Shankland

Subs:- Hare-Reid, Bell, Adams,  Docherty, Crawford, Cadden, Forest/Hilton (in Ayrshire post he’s back training this week so could be fit enough for bench) 

Heart: Falkirk 0-1 Ayr United, Muirhead (90)

Head Falkirk 2-0 Ayr United. 

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Just watching it the now and lol'd that that was the first thing he came out with about Ayr. The rest of what he said was spot on though.

What’s this? Where can I watch it?

1 minute ago, ayrunitedfw said:

I’m in New York for this one so missing it but not confident. As @placidcasual said we’ve been dug meat since October and Falkirk have improved with there January signings. 

Considering the start to the season we had it’s a bit of a minter that we now look like we might not even make the playoffs. We really need to start picking up wins asap so that if we do make the playoffs we have the best possible chance of promotion. Dundee United, despite there January signings didn’t look great today and ICT deserved their win. 

We looked alright against Ross County but the defending for the 1st and 3rd was eye bleedingly bad. Michael Rose form has dipped in recent weeks while Daniel Harvie hasn’t been really poor in recent weeks however we don’t really have anyone to come in for him while Geggan is out. 

I’d go: 

I’d go: 

Doohan

Smith Muirhead Rose Harvie

Miller Kerr Murdoch McDaid

Moffat Shankland

Subs:- Hare-Reid, Bell, Adams,  Docherty, Crawford, Cadden, Forest/Hilton (in Ayrshire post he’s back training this week so could be fit enough for bench) 

Heart: Falkirk 0-1 Ayr United, Muirhead (90)

Head Falkirk 2-0 Ayr United. 

chewin-the-fat-5adf577a-e25a-4c09-9f76-2

5 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Bet 365:
Falkirk 10/3
Draw 13/5
Ayr U 8/11.
Seems a bit generous on us again?

Gone for (by my standards) a decent wedge on the Bairns. Ayr being odds on is quite frankly, ludicrous.

Draws are not the silver bullet to survival. It’s wins that’ll kill Partick Alloa and QotS, not draws and scrabbling around beating the “unbeaten in 2019” drum (admirable as it is).

We’ve won once at home all season, but after not punting on us last time we played Ayr I’ll mibi stick a couple quid on us this time.

Falkirk 0-3 Ayr

Looking at Oddschecker, it suggests our odds are drifting so you may get 4/1 yet.
However I think they are generous so stuck 20 on it.
Well, it worked when we were 7/1 down at Somerset Park....

Looking forward to the Friday night aspect of this game but not looking forward to the actual game itself.

2-1 Ayr (fingers crossed).

Hope we bring a big away support but can't see it unfortunately. 

Hard to call this.  Didn't exactly rate what I saw of Falkirk on Friday.  

We were both closer to what we were and absolutely terrible at the same time in our last game.  

Would go with this team, we know by know McCall wants the balance of a more defensive winger and puts a central player or Geggan out there, I think Miller is best out right and Murdoch can hopefully give Harvie a bit of protection when in such poor form (with no real viable replacement).  

LINEUP111551656517287.png

Spoiler

FWIW this should be a hing:

LINEUP111551656811397.thumb.png.dcd1e02db316f22af0ded319d478dc56.png

13 hours ago, eez-eh said:

chewin-the-fat-5adf577a-e25a-4c09-9f76-2

Anyone know of any Ayr United/Falkirk supporters club over there where I’ll be able to catch the game? With both clubs being massive global brands I can’t imagine one will be too hard to find. 

20 minutes ago, paulbrucerick said:

I was in New York when Roberts scored a hat trick of penalties!

It's an omen I tells ya!

Shankland hat-trick of penalties then sent off? :lol:

It's an omen I tells ya!

I was in New York a few years ago and Dunfermline beat us 5-1 at EEP.

Bad omen if anything.

21 minutes ago, paulbrucerick said:

It's an omen I tells ya!

Doubt Roberts will score a Hattrick of pens to be honest mate. He’s 43 and managing Queens Park. 

Archived