Falkirk v Ayr United, Friday, 8th March.

Can’t make up my mind whether Ayr have now dropped to an average side from the very decent side we saw up to the end of the year. This game should tell us more.
No question that this is a game that Falkirk need to win.
Thoughts here please......

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Must win game. We have beat them already with a few of the new lads in our team. I do think Ayr look to falling away from the pace they set early on but I was impressed with the way they fought against County last week. There was no Shankland when we beat them last time either. 

All in all they havent impressed in games against us this season but its still going to be a hard game and no Paul Dixon either will be a blow. 

Can’t make up my mind whether Ayr have now dropped to an average side from the very decent side we saw up to the end of the year. This game should tell us more.
No question that this is a game that Falkirk need to win.
Thoughts here please......

We've been rotten since about the end of October. We managed to grind out a few results but have been in complete freefall since December-ish.

We've been rotten since about the end of October. We managed to grind out a few results but have been in complete freefall since December-ish.

Are you sure?
You were unbeaten in the league in November and December which included a 5-0 humping of the Galacticos at the Orange Bowl at the end of November.
January results were pretty poor though....

Are you sure?
You were unbeaten in the league in November and December which included a 5-0 humping of the Galacticos at the Orange Bowl at the end of November.

We had a couple of draws but we were pretty poor in them saved only by a pretty solid defence.

Dundee United game everything just seemed to click. We were brilliant and they were poor and they played right into our hands.

January was pretty awful and February was slightly better.

However Kerr and Shankland are now back and both seem to be at full fitness so we may stand a chance.

30 minutes ago, oot_the_loop said:

What's Ayr's record since signing Muirhead?  Im no saying the two are linked or anything...

In the two games Muirhead has played he’s probably been our best player. McCall dropped him for some reason against Ross County but hoping he comes back in on Friday. 

What's Ayr's record since signing Muirhead?  Im no saying the two are linked or anything...

Not linked at all

He’s been tremendous since signing. Not the first time a player leaving a poor environment to come into a thriving one has helped him out.

In the two games Muirhead has played he’s probably been our best player. McCall dropped him for some reason against Ross County but hoping he comes back in on Saturday 

I think you might still find there’s a few Falkirk supporters hoping he starts on Friday night too.....

"Ayr United's bubble is well and truly burst"
A View From The Terrace 01/03

From a Raith fan no less.

Funnily enough Dundee United fans were more annoyed with him that night.

2 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

From a Raith fan no less.

Funnily enough Dundee United fans were more annoyed with him that night.

Just watching it the now and lol'd that that was the first thing he came out with about Ayr. The rest of what he said was spot on though.

1 hour ago, roman_bairn said:

Are you sure?

I'm maybe doing us a bit of a disservice but you could tell after the first round or so of league fixtures that teams were starting to figure us out.

Archived