Micheal Duke

jc1

Was a brilliant  guy big dukesy  one of juniors greatest characters. Was speaking  to him a few weeks ago  n we were slaughtering  all gks   in the juniors..saying how he was head and shoulders  above them all...be sadly  missed .very  sad for his family. Thoughts in prayers ...Cotter..R..I.P. Michael Dukes.

Still in shock. 

One of my favourite team mate since the day I saw him, in my first training with Kilsyth Rangers, he make me feel welcome straight away, and telling me to sign for us Kilsyth. Always tell me to keep stick in, focus, and chances will come come come & that I will become better and better player for Kilsyth. Very graceful that I sit next to him in the changing room for many many seasons. His changing room banter, hyper, wild & crazy! Always make the lads laugh, smile, buzz mode for the game kick off, bus away trip banter, cards, laughing, always make sure everyone having good time with no matter what. 

He always got time for everyone in the football, absolutely legend  

No1 Goalkeeper and a friend 

Thank your your advice, always make sure I am good and beilive in me all over the years, you always told me not to quit too early and got many years left in me, 

Kilsyth Rangers & I will never forget you 

Micheal Duke 

Absolutely terrible news today. One the most well known players in junior football and this news will affect a lot of people. Was with him at Kilsyth for a good few years, working with him at training and always liked to wind everyone up. Usual shout ''a fiver if you score past me'' and if first shot did..he replied he wasn't ready. Great servant to Kilsyth and deserved his testimonial last year. It was an honour to be asked by him to play in it. Thoughts are with his family. Rest in peace Dukesy

I didn’t know him through fitba, only through a mutual friend and only met him a small number of times.

But an absolute gent who left a lasting impression on me, and I’m sure I’m one of many in that category. Such sad news. asked there have said, thoughts are with his family, friends and teammates

I played primary school and boys club football with Michael but hadn't seen him for a few years. Totally shocked by the news last week

First ever trophy of the Edinburgh consolation cup in 1992 for North Merchy! Michael 3rd from the right in the back row.

Rest in peace big man71b84f8e754c450124598bc3fb6ab440.jpg

1 hour ago, garrellburn said:

Huge attendance at Dukesy' funeral today to pay tribute to a great guy. Very moving oration and fitting musical choices.

Won't be forgotton for a very long time here at Duncansfield.

It was a beautiful send of for the greatman

Archived