Sunday Trophy Semi Final

Ampie

I don't know about Westside. I have watched both Castlemilk and Lesmahagow this season and both play good football with the same players every week. The tower I expect will continue to bring players in. That's why I hope the winner is either Castlemilk or Lesmahagow that would be good advert for The Sunday Trophyl. I would say any guy that can play a Saturday and most Sundays I take my hat off to them and I don't have an issue with that.

I was at the westside v bullfrog quarter on Sunday just past. Westside were very lucky to get through. Team spirit and togetherness shone through though. Bunch of guys willing to work for each other. Bullfrog were unlucky in that game but if you don’t take your chances then it’s easily lost. Hope westside can do it for the Leafa teams. Also read Lesmahagows Keeper scored a last minute equaliser v harvester in the quarters

I went to the Lesmahagow v Harvester game.  It was a tight game Lesmahagow kept the pressure on and if I'm honest didn't deserve to lose.  All credit to harvester experienced team and know their way around a football pitch.   What happened was unbelievable the keeper came up at the end the game about 10 - 15 seconds to go and corner came in and he scored a bullet overhead kick.  I think he may just have got MOM.

On 06/03/2019 at 14:11, NickyRFC said:

Westside are our main rivals on Sunday football. Good core of players who are all in for each other but no great quality stand outs. Apart from Scotty Walker. I expect castle milk to win it

Scotty wasn't in goals against Bullfrog. 

They where missing a few bodies.

• 2 weeks later...

Went to Castlemilk V East End Tower semi yesterday Castlemilk won 2-1 was glad to see it. Eastend brought in more players that's why I was pleased to see them getting beat. One of the players brought in, stood and spoke to his mates in the stand at half-time for a while, and the rest were in the changing room. I suppose he didn't need to hear what was getting said. 

Castlemilk v Lesmahagow Final. I think after watching both these 2 teams a few times this season they both deserve to be in the final. Both play the same players week in week out. I did feel bad for the regulars at East End Tower who were dropped or not in the squad due to the players being brought in for the semi. (The management at East End got what they deserve nothing)

Castlemilk will favourites but I expect a good game.

1 hour ago, The roadrunner mark2 said:

Went to Castlemilk V East End Tower semi yesterday Castlemilk won 2-1 was glad to see it. Eastend brought in more players that's why I was pleased to see them getting beat. One of the players brought in, stood and spoke to his mates in the stand at half-time for a while, and the rest were in the changing room. I suppose he didn't need to hear what was getting said.

Castlemilk v Lesmahagow Final. I think after watching both these 2 teams a few times this season they both deserve to be in the final. Both play the same players week in week out. I did feel bad for the regulars at East End Tower who were dropped or not in the squad due to the players being brought in for the semi. (The management at East End got what they deserve nothing)

Castlemilk will favourites but I expect a good game.

Wonder who...

Archived