If your team Folded ?

If it happened to County I'd probably go to more Clach matches but I wouldn't support another club.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If The Ayr United Football and Athletic Club ceases to exist I would probably go to much less football but when I did it would be Hearts as that is who my girlfriend supports.  I would presume this to be the smart option. 

I supported the Ayr Scottish Eagles but they moved to a shopping centre in Renfrew to play so I did not follow them or any ice hockey since, the sport is dead to me. 

If Falkirk folded I wouldn’t support or follow any other team.

You see, I think that’s the politically correct answer and in truth I entirely agree with the sentiment.
I’d certainly find it hard to develop the emotional attachment that I have for the club I love, and look back fondly on the history of watching us play either brilliant or (more often) absolutely shite.
However I love the game too much to give up watching so I probably would support someone else, although it wouldn’t be a Premiership side. Juniors would make sense as anyone watching Falkirk has to be a masochist anyway....

You see, I think that’s the politically correct answer and in truth I entirely agree with the sentiment.
I’d certainly find it hard to develop the emotional attachment that I have for the club I love, and look back fondly on the history of watching us play either brilliant or (more often) absolutely shite.
However I love the game too much to give up watching so I probably would support someone else, although it wouldn’t be a Premiership side. Juniors would make sense as anyone watching Falkirk has to be a masochist anyway....

If still go to games, but there would be no attachment there.

Assuming no phoenix club I'd do a fair bit of ground hopping. If I was still living on south side as I do now my choices of club would be Arthurlie, Benburb, St Anthonys or Queens Park. If I was living elsewhere I'd prolly take to watching & taking interest in the local lower league team. Suppose being from a city its somewhat different than if was from & followed a team representing a small town/village.

51 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Politically correct?!

22 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

emoji16.png
No surprise to see a Pars fan out to put me right on the PC front.....
Are you Jimmy in disguise?

What are you on about?

Do you even know what politically correct means? I'm guessing not given you used it wildly out of context.

If Falkirk folded?

Stop all the clocks, cut off the telephone,
Prevent the dog from barking with a juicy bone,
Silence the pianos and with muffled drum
Bring out the coffin, let the mourners come.

Let aeroplanes circle moaning overhead
Scribbling on the sky the message Falkirk Are Dead,
Put crepe bows round the white necks of the public doves,
Let the traffic policemen wear black cotton gloves.

They were my North, my South, my East and West,
My working week and my Sunday rest,
My noon, my midnight, my talk, my song;
I thought that love would last for ever: I was wrong.

The stars are not wanted now: put out every one;
Pack up the moon and dismantle the sun;
Pour away the ocean and sweep up the wood.
For nothing now can ever come to any good.

7 hours ago, NewBornBairn said:

If Falkirk folded?

Stop all the clocks, cut off the telephone,
Prevent the dog from barking with a juicy bone,
Silence the pianos and with muffled drum
Bring out the coffin, let the mourners come.

Let aeroplanes circle moaning overhead
Scribbling on the sky the message Falkirk Are Dead,
Put crepe bows round the white necks of the public doves,
Let the traffic policemen wear black cotton gloves.

They were my North, my South, my East and West,
My working week and my Sunday rest,
My noon, my midnight, my talk, my song;
I thought that love would last for ever: I was wrong.

The stars are not wanted now: put out every one;
Pack up the moon and dismantle the sun;
Pour away the ocean and sweep up the wood.
For nothing now can ever come to any good.

Stenhousemuir then.

Archived