If your team Folded ?

As I was looking at the (possible ) plight of  Albion rovers if they drop down to the lowland league they might not survive,

And I sincerely hope they do survive !! or any other senior team for that matter 

what would you do ? as a fan  

would you Support another team and if you did ..who ?

apologies if this has been Asked previously.

Peace and love ...

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I dont think I would. Saturday time is precious. I give it up to follow Falkirk because they have been a part of my entire life. No other club could command such a share of my time. 

What I might end uo doing would be a wee bit of ground hopping just to see live football, but I wouldnt ever invest in a single team I dont think. 

I couldn't support another team because I have been on a twenty year long rollercoaster ride as an Ayr United fan; joy and pain, agony and ecstasy, pride and shame. There is absolutely no way that I could ever love another club in the same way that I love Ayr United.

At most I might occasionally go to random matches, and obviously I would still support the national team, but my full-time emotional investment in football would die with my club.

@Hawk89 I've just noticed that your avatar is the rapper Coolio wearing an Ayr top. I wonder how many other rappers own an Ayr top? There can't be many.

32 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

I dont think I would. Saturday time is precious. I give it up to follow Falkirk because they have been a part of my entire life. No other club could command such a share of my time. 

What I might end uo doing would be a wee bit of ground hopping just to see live football, but I wouldnt ever invest in a single team I dont think. 

This.

Well my team did fold, or more accurately, murdered in 1994.  I go to games maybe every second Saturday  but 25 years later, there’s still a massive hole in my life .  I’ve enjoyed taking in games at grounds I might never have otherwise visited and met some great football people as a result, but I miss the emotional attachment that I had for Caley and could never feel that for another club.

6 minutes ago, TheIntenseHummingOfEvil said:

I couldn't support another team because I have been on a twenty year long rollercoaster ride as an Ayr United fan; joy and pain, agony and ecstasy, pride and shame. There is absolutely no way that I could ever love another club in the same way that I love Ayr United.

At most I might occasionally go to random matches, and obviously I would still support the national team, but my full-time emotional investment in football would die with my club.

@Hawk89 I've just noticed that your avatar is the rapper Coolio wearing an Ayr top. I wonder how many other rappers own an Ayr top? There can't be many.

Its from his gig at Club De Mar back in 2009. Some night out. Would assume he's in the company of Snoop Dogg as the only two rappers to have ever worn Scottish football tops. 

7 minutes ago, Hawk89 said:

Its from his gig at Club De Mar back in 2009. Some night out. Would assume he's in the company of Snoop Dogg as the only two rappers to have ever worn Scottish football tops. 

I used to go to college with a girl whose claim to fame was that she was pumped by Coolio after that gig. She often mentioned it.

Living in Glasgow Southside I go to the odd Pollock match if County are not playing so I'd probably go to a few more of their home matches. Don't think I'd be interested enough to support a professional team full-time.

Archived