If your team Folded ?

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When Pars were facing liquidation I'd thought if some sort of phoenix club appeared, way down the pyramid somewhere then I'd support them. There still would have been a big enough fan base to hopefully start a new club that could have had a good lark going up through the leagues. 

Living in Edinburgh I've seen Hearts, Spartans, Edinburgh City and Hibs. I know lots of Hibs fans and feel a bit of spiritual kinship with them. Not sure I could really support another team but Hibs would probably be the ones I'd wink at suggestively if my team was no longer around. 

There would be a phoenix Dunfermline side of some sort, it'd be patter going up from the EoSFL league through the years. 

If there wasn't I wouldn't even attempt to garner an interest in another Scottish side, from living down the south in England I gained a fondness for Brentford so would probably save up and go down there a few times a season. 

Most of my mates support Celtic so wouldn't even bother heading to games with them, f**k that. 

Probably buy a season ticket for Falkirk. Got a couple of mates who go, have been living in the area for 33 years and the Bairns were my Grandad/Dad's original team.

ETA Obviously it would be nearly as good.

It nearly happened not too long ago, but never once questioned what other team I would “support” should the worse happen, which was very likely at the time.

Would go and see my cousin play in my spare time in the development league tbh if it were the case, just to get a wee football fix.

More hillwalking, probably a dozen games a season split between forfar and arbroath.

I used to think I would be one of the "lost to the game" types but how shite is a Saturday when not only are you not at the game but your team aren't even playing to be followed on the radio or soccer Saturday. f**k that.

On 04/03/2019 at 18:19, Glenconner said:

Best story of clubs going tits up on here came from the lads at Meadowbank Thistle. The then director who wanted to physically attack those against moving and rebranding as Livingston. The fans (a few) who followed on for while and how they felt about the newbie Livingston fans.

Another group of fans who did a bit more than greet were Clydebank, respect.

As for Third Lanark fans forget it, my abiding memory of the Thirds will be the Hi Hi bar on Crown St in the Gorbals. A lot of old cigarette stained black and white pictures of Third Lanark and a jukebox full of rebel records. And oh Teddy Taylor chairing a protest meeting in the Dixon Halls 7 years too late.

I was a Meadowbank fan. In 1995 when Thistle finished I was fairly scunnered with football but I had nothing better to do on a Saturday afternoon. Some of us ended up watching Edinburgh City and the rest is history (and being ironically slagged off by the rest of D2 for being irrelevant :rolleyes:)

I've got a mate who was also a Meadowbank fan who went off to watch Dunbar United so I'd probably go to their matches - I've got to know a lot of folk at Dunbar over the years and they're a friendly club. I got to know other folk who watch EOSL/Lowland League/Juniors so there'd always be someone at a game I'm likely to know. 

I could even watch City's old rivals Spartans in their never-ending and futile quest for Scottish League status.. :P

Archived