West Region Premiership - relegation

Shannon

9 hours ago, Sancho Panza said:

What's the thoughts now folks? Renfrew now favs to join Lang and Peasies??

We didn't help ourselves last night that's for sure!

Although looking at your run in back to back v Talbot and still got Hurlford too,

it aint over yet!

Edited by Frew Fan 2001

Whoever goes down is going to be in a big battle to get back up next season.

It looks almost certain that Cambuslang and Petershill will go down, so whoever joins them will be battling with whoever doesn't quite make promotion this season (2 out of 5 from Glencairn, Benburb, Rossvale, Arthurlie and Cumbernauld), plus by all accounts a re-built Darvel who intend to be challenging at the top next season. I also expect Gartcairn to continue their momentum and be up there challenging next season, and Kilsyth Rangers are never very far away.

Staying up this season could be very important, because getting back out of the Championship quickly is not "a given".

6 hours ago, glensmad said:

It looks almost certain that Cambuslang and Petershill will go down, so whoever joins them will be battling with whoever doesn't quite make promotion this season (2 out of 5 from Glencairn, Benburb, Rossvale, Arthurlie and Cumbernauld), plus by all accounts a re-built Darvel who intend to be challenging at the top next season. I also expect Gartcairn to continue their momentum and be up there challenging next season, and Kilsyth Rangers are never very far away.

Staying up this season could be very important, because getting back out of the Championship quickly is not "a given".

Big battle to get back up if you have not been watching that league and lower and made contingency plans

Just happens though that the team I care about has.If God forbid the worst comes to the worst.

Either way it's going to be a interesting season next year were ever they are hopefully it's in the top flight Talbot will be difficault though but not impossible 

Anybody can beat anybody even in cup games as has shown for us this year And in the league

Just hope the Ladeside fans turn out and back then as it's gonna be a tough one reguardless always is

8 hours ago, glensmad said:

I would argue it’s easier to come back up now that 4 of the better sides are in the Premier, extending the premier has weekend the championship. 

I am am sure the very top sides are good sides, but some sides have taken real hammering this season which wouldn’t have been as bad in years gone by. 

43 minutes ago, Hawlino said:

I’ll go Rob Roy or Troon to go down , cant see them winning 2 games going by the recent forms .

Renfrew right in the mix though with their 3 away games left if they can pick up two draws they might stand a chance, maybe benefiting from playing two teams with little to play for. 

Roby roy and Troo should pick up 3 points in their games v Petershill and Cambuslang, but as you say can they get another 3 points from their other games.

kilbirnie should be safe, imagine they will get 3 points to hit 32 and can’t see that being beaten by all the other 3 teams. 

10 minutes ago, superpollok said:

I would argue it’s easier to come back up now that 4 of the better sides are in the Premier, extending the premier has weekend the championship. 

I am am sure the very top sides are good sides, but some sides have taken real hammering this season which wouldn’t have been as bad in years gone by. 

I have been watching a lot off first division games and there are teams there who would give the top flight teams a good game on there day

I have been watching a lot off first division games and there are teams there who would give the top flight teams a good game on there day

Watched Glencairn v ourselves when we were at our lowest ebb & tbh a wasn’t impressed . Still it could have been an off day for them .

23 minutes ago, fan of the juniors said:

Watched Glencairn v ourselves when we were at our lowest ebb & tbh a wasn’t impressed . Still it could have been an off day for them .

Glencairn are in the championship not the first division Gartcairn are in first division and most there guys could get in our team been watching them half a dozen times this year

Will do well keeping them all together if they do they will come up how they find they kind of players is mental as there growing unless they  pay them and lots don't at that level

Would say at least 6 off them are guys who could easily nail down a place for a team in our league not gonna name names though but obviously people will know the ones I am on about some played senior

Edited by Tartan Tammy 1297
Clarity

34 minutes ago, fan of the juniors said:

It very much was. We were very disappointed not to win that game.

Edited by glensmad

16 minutes ago, glensmad said:

It very much was. We were very disappointed not to win that game.

Not as much as us with our form this year in them.When we are historically a cup team.And it's a standard we set trying to do something in them

One things for sure though it's opened our eyes up to the standards in the other leagues

Good players everywhere it's just convincing them to join we got our ambitions though and Ginto been a great appointment in my opinion reguardless he loves the club and wants the best

Think the board to got his back fans bought into him to we just need to go back them on Sat

On 11/04/2019 at 22:12, superpollok said:

I can't feel my face in the Championship......

What has happened at the once great Peasy ?
You have to go back about 60 years to when we could truly be considered as great I would think.

Biggest impact on us over the years was the demolition of most of Springburn and a large chunk of the population being relocated to Cumbernauld, Kirkintilloch etc.

I think I'm right in saying that Cambuslang Rangers are now officially relegated.
As one who appreciates the rules, surely they are not officially relegated until after all games have been completed and therefore no teams can incur points deductions?

But, yes, I think they arithmetically are [emoji23]