West Region Premiership - relegation

Shannon

Looking at the league table and really tight at the bottom of the league.

Who do we think will go down and stay up?

I see Troon and Kilbirnie have games against each other back to back so they could be huge.

Who is safe? Are Cumnock / Buffs safe or will it be over 33 points be safe? Rob Roy seem to be getting dragged closer to relegation zone too.

Renfrew are picking up points lately and both Cumnock and Kilbirnie got massive wins.

Will be an interesting last 2-3 months.IMG_20190302_170734.jpg

Guest Nocknosh1988
5 minutes ago, Shannon said:

Looking at the league table and really tight at the bottom of the league.

Who do we think will go down and stay up?

I see Troon and Kilbirnie have games against each other back to back so they could be huge.

Who is safe? Are Cumnock / Buffs safe or will it be over 33 points be safe? Rob Roy seem to be getting dragged closer to relegation zone too.

Renfrew are picking up points lately and both Cumnock and Kilbirnie got massive wins.

Will be an interesting last 2-3 months.IMG_20190302_170734.jpg

Cumnock safe after that result. Petershill camby Renfrew down as troon/kilbrinie should have enough 2 stay up.

7 hours ago, Nocknosh1988 said:

Cumnock safe after that result. Petershill camby Renfrew down as troon/kilbrinie should have enough 2 stay up.

Agree Cumnock safe and once confirmed will allow Paul Burns the opportunity to build his team for next season.

The games are running out for Petershill. Yesterday's wins for Kilbirnie and Renfrew while Peasy were losing heavily at home again means it's a difficult task for them to get out of trouble. Peasy also have Hurlford and Talbot to play in their last two games.

After yesterday’s results, and taking into consideration Renfresws  I believe anyone from Buffs down are still in the mix. Time will tell!
I agree with this. I don't think Buffs or Cumnock are quite safe yet but 3-4 more points should see them safe.
If Renfrew beat Buffs next week they are right in relegation mix but a win for Buffs would definitely keep them safe.

A few weeks ago I thought 25 points would be enough to stay up,

but Kilbirnie, Troon and ourselves have shown a bit of form and picked up unexpected points, so I think 30 is a more realistic figure to aim for now,

Saturday a good example, having been humped 5-0 at Barrfields earlier in the season, most of us thought on Saturday "maybe sneak a point" at best,

boys however were superb (especially coming back from 2-1 down!).

Buffs game this Saturday is huge for us as realistically can't see us getting much from the home game with Hurlford (will be happy to be proved wrong, if Saturday showed anything it was the boys are up for the fight!!!),

Rob Roy similarly big game for us before we finish with 3 tough away games at Hurlford, Clydebank & Pollok.

Cambuslang and Petershill look doomed I think, so take your pick from any one of Kilbirnie, Troon, Rob Roy and ourselves,

one of us is going down!

Can we stay up, yes,

will we do it a whole different question!

Used to say 26 points to guarantee safety in 12 team premier so 26 x 30/22 = 35.....
So for me that is the point target, might not take that much but I wouldn't aim for less
That was my feeling at the start of the season that 35 would be a reasonable target. My 32 points is based on Renfrew and Kilbirnie winning half their remaining games. As another poster said it will probably be lower, but wouldn't feel safe until I had at least 32 points.

16 hours ago, ex-german exile said:
19 hours ago, beith19 said:
Used to say 26 points to guarantee safety in 12 team premier so 26 x 30/22 = 35.....
So for me that is the point target, might not take that much but I wouldn't aim for less

That was my feeling at the start of the season that 35 would be a reasonable target. My 32 points is based on Renfrew and Kilbirnie winning half their remaining games. As another poster said it will probably be lower, but wouldn't feel safe until I had at least 32 points.

30-32 Points aren't going to come easy for any of us,

Rob Roy have 2 games (H v Peasy & A v Frew) that are must wins, their other 6 are tough H v Hurlford, Pollok, Beith and Talbot & A v Glens and Bankies

Ladeside have H&A v Troon and A v Camby that look their best targets, H&A v Talbot & A v Hurlford less so

Troon similarly will target their games with Ladeside together with H v Camby & Nock, their toughies look to be H v Glens & Talbot & A v Largs & Bankies

Renfrew, we really need to beat Buffs & Rob Roy at home as H&A v Hurlford & A v Bankies & Lok are tough.

The Troon/Kilbirnie "series" over next fortnight may clear picture a bit, if one team wins both,

a win each or 2 draws leaves it muddied,

but assuming (always hugely dangerous!) that the only points gained by any of us are in those "easier" games,

Rob Roy potentially get relegated with 28 or we do with 26 if Roy win the huge game between us,

or it could all come down to goal difference between us and Ladeside on 26 if Troon win both those games,

any of us get a "coupon buster" win in one of those "toughies" and it might be enough to get over the line,

bums are well squeaky already!

^^^^ Mate, don't disagree with you, but once a team has 32 points they can start planning for next season or concentrate on the West if they are still in it.
No team can start planning until it's mathematically impossible to get relegated watch kilwinning drop into the danger zone one more win is required on the current form I don't see that coming soon .

Buffs are already safe IMHO. Of course, they are not arithmetically safe, but they need to lose 6 out of 6 and Renfrew and Ladeside win 4 out of 6.

Arithmetically possible, Yes.
Going to happen, not IMO.
Buffs on 33 points are teams targets when they look at the league another big game for both clubs this Saturday v Renfrew.

Buffs are already safe IMHO. Of course, they are not arithmetically safe, but they need to lose 6 out of 6 and Renfrew and Ladeside win 4 out of 6.

Arithmetically possible, Yes.

Going to happen, not IMO.

A sad fact considering last season they got so close to winning the league. Just shows you what that can do to a club.