People who don't know how to behave in public

I went to the Armadillo last week to see Bill Burr.
Tickets said support, 8pm main act 8:30pm, I got there about 19:40 and was one of maybe 50 in that early.
Maybe 500 were in at the start of the support act, and the remainder came in once the main act came on, so the first 15 min was obscured by folk shuffling about with their phones out looking for the right seat and a steward with a torch, shouting at them to put mobile phones off.
It was £45 a ticket yet folk would rather hoover expensive warm beer right up to the very last second and miss a portion of what they have paid to watch.

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply
27 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

Tickets said support, 8pm main act 8:30pm, I got there about 19:40 and was one of maybe 50 in that early.
Maybe 500 were in at the start of the support act, and the remainder came in once the main act came on, so the first 15 min was obscured by folk shuffling about with their phones out looking for the right seat and a steward with a torch, shouting at them to put mobile phones off.
It was £45 a ticket yet folk would rather hoover expensive warm beer right up to the very last second and miss a portion of what they have paid to watch.

Another thing about gigs is people who get absolutely smashed on booze.

Why would you pay the price of tickets and then get so smashed that you probably won't remember the thing you paid to see? You'd have been just as well getting a carryout and staying at home.

2 minutes ago, whiskychimp said:

You answer my question first. 

A drama queen is someone who makes noise about issues which are largely insignificant. You complained about having to "walk through smoke" as if it was some sort of hardship, ergo, you are a drama queen.  I thought that was fairly obvious.

I mean, your addition to this thread could easily have been "people who stand in public doorways and you need to ask them to move" but then you wouldn't have been able to use your smoke free lungs to reach the moral high ground.

3 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:

It is a mystery to me also why people don't want to be exposed to carcinogens.

You get an infinitesimal amount compared to the traffic exhaust fumes and diesel particulates.

I saw Neil Young at Leeds a couple of years ago - great tickets, two from the front in the second tier, bang central. Unfortunately, there was a group of eight (standard NY demographic, middle aged and older) in front of us, of whom no more than five were in their seats at any one time, Constantly ferrying drinks from the bar. Two of them spent the entire show on their phones, messaging and recording. Fifty five quid a ticket as well, even before you think it was Neil fucking Young,ffs! Apart from being a godlike genius, he's at the point when every time we see him, it could be the last. (Same goes for a lot of his fans,tbh)

A drama queen is someone who makes noise about issues which are largely insignificant. You complained about having to "walk through smoke" as if it was some sort of hardship, ergo, you are a drama queen.  I thought that was fairly obvious.

Or maybe he wants to go about his day without smelling like a fucking tramp, something smokers tend not to care too much about.

3 minutes ago, MONKMAN said:

Or maybe he wants to go about his day without smelling like a fucking tramp, something smokers tend not to care too much about.

Can tramps afford fags?

They seem a bit pricey

10 minutes ago, MONKMAN said:

Would walking through smoke for a second really make him smell of it for the rest of the day? I think you've made the same mistake of over-dramatising the situation on your way to the moral high ground.

Cyclists, not in general but the groups  who decide to cycle abreast of one another when it is perfectly feasible for them to do so in a single file but, because they are allowed to, choose to cycle alongside one another, sometimes as many as four of them but even two makes it impossible for people driving to safely overtake them and causing huge fucking tailbacks of vehicles having to crawl along at 10mph because these dickheads want to chat with one another on the road.

They know the congestion they cause and, often I think take a smug sense of satisfaction in knowing that the traffic laws permit them to do this, despite there being no actual need for them to do so, arseholes of the highest order who, frankly deserve to be splattered by a lorry.

2 minutes ago, Flybhoy said:

Cyclists, not in general but the groups  who decide to cycle abreast of one another when it is perfectly feasible for them to do so in a single file but, because they are allowed to, choose to cycle alongside one another, sometimes as many as four of them but even two makes it impossible for people driving to safely overtake them and causing huge fucking tailbacks of vehicles having to crawl along at 10mph because these dickheads want to chat with one another on the road.

They know the congestion they cause and, often I think take a smug sense of satisfaction in knowing that the traffic laws permit them to do this, despite there being no actual need for them to do so, arseholes of the highest order who, frankly deserve to be splattered by a lorry.

Best post you've made on P&B

49 minutes ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:

I saw Neil Young at Leeds a couple of years ago - great tickets, two from the front in the second tier, bang central. Unfortunately, there was a group of eight (standard NY demographic, middle aged and older) in front of us, of whom no more than five were in their seats at any one time, Constantly ferrying drinks from the bar. Two of them spent the entire show on their phones, messaging and recording. Fifty five quid a ticket as well, even before you think it was Neil fucking Young,ffs! Apart from being a godlike genius, he's at the point when every time we see him, it could be the last. (Same goes for a lot of his fans,tbh)

Very much this. I was fortunate to see John Lee Hooker in one of his last concerts, when he was in his 80s. Although he sat with a guitar on his lap, he couldn't really play anymore - the backing group did that. However, his voice...oh, that voice.

Unfortunately there were a group of middle-aged wifies in our row who spent the entire concert going back and forth to the bar, out for cigarettes, out to the toilet, on and on and on. I doubt we made it through a whole song without the "Excuse me pardon me excuse me" crap as we all had to squirm to let them by, and then a few minutes later back in again. You have to wonder if they even knew who the man was.

1 hour ago, The Moonster said:

I mean, your addition to this thread could easily have been "people who stand in public doorways and you need to ask them to move" but then you wouldn't have been able to use your smoke free lungs to reach the moral high ground.

I'd say a drama queen is someone who  makes a big fuss about an insignificant issue. I merely passed an inconsequential comment. You're making rather a big deal about it. Dare I say, being a bit dramatic

People standing in doorways would be a good addition to this thread. I think you should suggest it. 

I don't know why you would assume to know my smoking habits. No moral high ground here. I just think making others walk through  stinky smoke is a bit selfish

We all good now? 

37 minutes ago, whiskychimp said:

I'd say a drama queen is someone who  makes a big fuss about an insignificant issue. I merely passed an inconsequential comment. You're making rather a big deal about it. Dare I say, being a bit dramatic

People standing in doorways would be a good addition to this thread. I think you should suggest it. 

I don't know why you would assume to know my smoking habits. No moral high ground here. I just think making others walk through  stinky smoke is a bit selfish

We all good now? 

No big deal, I just found the swipe at smokers unnecessary and it usually brings out some rage in others so thought I'd pass my afternoon by poking at this debate.

I don't think smokers are necessarily selfish though. Smokers have taken their habit outside and still get abuse for it, whereas non-smokers have the entire pub smoke free now and still complain about the smoke at the door.

5 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

No big deal, I just found the swipe at smokers unnecessary and it usually brings out some rage in others so thought I'd pass my afternoon by poking at this debate.

I don't think smokers are necessarily selfish though. Smokers have taken their habit outside and still get abuse for it, whereas non-smokers have the entire pub smoke free now and still complain about the smoke at the door.

That was my idea too 

Archived