People who don't know how to behave in public

On 3/3/2019 at 08:21, I'm Brian said:

Morton and Falkirk fans

Although in saying that fighting after a football match is definitely more acceptable behaviour than attending a musical.

Help me out here. Is that fighting at the football or dancing at the jersey Boys?

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, stevieKTID said:
33 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

So do I but my dog gets scared of other dogs running at her and it’s quite irritating when people have no Control over their dog.

Last weekend she growled at a dog twice her size to get him to f**k off and he went for her. I had to pick her up while this dog jumped at her and the owner did next to f**k all.

It never ceases to amaze me how some dog owners have no control over their dogs or even worse they don't seem to have a basic understanding of dog psychology, a dogs body language tells you everything, knowing this stuff is a basic requirement, i've always said there should be a test you need to pass before you get a dog, as a dog walker i regularly walk a group of 6 dogs all off leash in the parks and never had any issues they all listen and i can read a situation before it happens and take the appropriate action.

Yeah it is infuriating. Even more so when the corresponding owner gets annoyed at me when she has a nip.  She goes through phases of tail down and try and walk away, growl, bare teeth, try and get away again, if the other dog STILL won't f**k off she will resort to a nip.  In the intervening period I am trying to tell the other dog owner that she doesn't like this, can you get it away or your dog might get a bite. I keep my dog on the lead so I can pick her up if it goes awry.

Then I get "should your dog be out if it gets aggressive with other dogs?  Mine is friendly"

Rage.

9 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Yeah it is infuriating. Even more so when the corresponding owner gets annoyed at me when she has a nip.  She goes through phases of tail down and try and walk away, growl, bare teeth, try and get away again, if the other dog STILL won't f**k off she will resort to a nip.  In the intervening period I am trying to tell the other dog owner that she doesn't like this, can you get it away or your dog might get a bite. I keep my dog on the lead so I can pick her up if it goes awry.

Then I get "should your dog be out if it gets aggressive with other dogs?  Mine is friendly"

Rage.

I've always found that it's not the dogs that need training it's their owners.

I went to see Al Murray in Dunfermline last year and there was a solitary arsehole  (there may have been others but this one was on his own) who seemed to have attended so he could abuse Murray - presumably on the basis he thought the act was how the guy actually behaves off stage. Eventually the theatre had to get the police to lift him because after all the usual heckler put downs, the boy was still going strong and on the verge of a hiding from a couple of handy looking lads in the same row. No way to behave in public but livened up the night. 

3 hours ago, alta-pete said:

Ahem. Speed limit for HGVs on a ‘60’ is 40mph in Scotland.
https://www.gov.uk/speed-limits

Thing that gets me is that most HGVs seem to be quite relaxed about going 55-60 but some vans stick to just over 40, until they come to an overtaking lane when they accelerate to 80 to stop you passing them. What the f**k is that about? 

39 minutes ago, HTG said:

I went to see Al Murray in Dunfermline last year and there was a solitary arsehole  (there may have been others but this one was on his own) who seemed to have attended so he could abuse Murray - presumably on the basis he thought the act was how the guy actually behaves off stage. Eventually the theatre had to get the police to lift him because after all the usual heckler put downs, the boy was still going strong and on the verge of a hiding from a couple of handy looking lads in the same row. No way to behave in public but livened up the night. 

Ugh. From the (very) few comedy gigs I've been to and from hearing stories on here and elsewhere it seems that so many wee fannies want to be part of the show and are shouting pish throughout.

1 hour ago, welshbairn said:

Thing that gets me is that most HGVs seem to be quite relaxed about going 55-60 but some vans stick to just over 40, until they come to an overtaking lane when they accelerate to 80 to stop you passing them. What the f**k is that about? 

The same is true of old people walking in shops or on the street. A gap opens up to the side of them so you speed up to get around them, and they move sideways to block you from doing so. I once had an old guy do this to me while I had my son in the pushchair. I think I ended up running over his foot.

1 hour ago, DA Baracus said:

Ugh. From the (very) few comedy gigs I've been to and from hearing stories on here and elsewhere it seems that so many wee fannies want to be part of the show and are shouting pish throughout.

In my experience it's always the one person who's gotten themselves far too tanked up for the night out they're going on and assume that everyone is in the shouty and laughy mood they are.  One of the worst I've experienced was at a Limmy gig where this steaming woman just kept squealing incoherent things at him then crying with laughter to her pals.  Limmy had this wee recorded thing he would play back any time anyone would heckle which was usually quite successful in shutting folk up but this woman just would not give up. She was oxtered from the premises after about 10 minutes of this back and forth.

On 05/03/2019 at 11:20, Karpaty Lviv said:

I’ve had more grief from the public when using an e-cig than I did when I smoked fags despite the obvious differences the effect it has on them. We just like a moan. 

Good. At least the smokers know they stink, and thanks to legislation already feel pleasingly ostracised. Grown adults wandering around though clouds of f-cking butterscotch or candyfloss scented guff is a total riddy.

I liked the days when it was just normal tobacco. If someone had rolling baccy you knew they were either old or a crusty tink who liked it as an affectation. If someone smoked silk cut they were a total pussy. If someone tried to pass round a joint and they'd used a menthol fag everyone would rightly despise them.

I'm afraid to say that you are not wholly correct in your assertion.

You are of course correct. The A9 is at 50mph for HGVs. But it was a generalised response to a sweeping statement. But thanks for keeping me honest.

On 05/03/2019 at 20:39, eddiemunster said:

Inconsiderate dog owners. If it doesn't come to heel when called, keep the fucking thing on a leash.

Nothing worse than some daft dug breenjing at you when you're out running, only to be told "it's alright he won't touch you".

I think you'll find he already has and I've had to stop to avoid falling over the fucking thing.

Dugs are cnuts but one shagging my leg is probably the only action I'll get these days... 

I've only ever seen someone chucked out a comedy gig once but really struggle to understand the psychology. Aye you get a wee bit banter and a buzz off that but after 10 minutes he was literally just getting folk screaming at him to shut the f**k up and the guy stopped his act to get stewards and he's still shouting stuff and laughing away. Odd behaviour.
Saw Jim Jefferies a while back and there was one such arsehole in the crowd. The first couple of times he was put down in a comical manner. But after the 3rd or 4th time Jefferies crouched down and basically said to him, people aren't here to listen to his pish attempts at heckling. Once or twice is fine but after that it gets boring. You'll not get the final say blah blah blah, just stop acting like a c**t and let me get on with the show. The crowd went wild and thankfully he shut up.

I know some comedians' act involves a bit of banter between them and the crowd but once someone has more than two bites of the cheery at comic it both annoys me and makes me feel a bit uncomfortable. I always think the purpose of a heckle is to hear the comic's comeback. Once he's given you it, shut the f**k up.

You are of course correct. The A9 is at 50mph for HGVs. But it was a generalised response to a sweeping statement. But thanks for keeping me honest.
Except that the "sweeping statement" wasn't suggesting that HGV drivers should speed up, just like it wasn't suggesting that cyclists should suddenly do 60mph. The point was that slow moving vehicles of any sort should occasionally think about pulling over when a massive queue has formed behind them.

I find it to be the case that a lot of debate about driving is caused by certain groups of people automatically taking a defensive attitude and quoting the Highway Code and laws back at people rather than indulging in a bit of common sense and decency.

Archived