• Announcements

• Div

Pie and Bovril Nostalgia Mobile Phone Cases!   12/09/18

We are delighted to have partnered up with Nostalgia Cases to offer a huge range of fantastic Scottish Football phone cases to our visitors. These high quality cases are available in a range of retro and up to date designs and there variations available for all Premiership, Championship and League 1 clubs as well as four of the League 2 teams. Within each club there are a range of choices. You'll find it difficult to choose! This is an Edinburgh based start-up, and they also provide a custom design service so if there is a kit you don't see that you'd love for your phone you can get in touch with them and they'll add it to their range. Naturally there is a HUGE support for all the major phone manufacturers and models and what's more delivery in the UK is completely FREE. What's even better is that Pie and Bovril users can get 10% off their order using the coupon code PIEANDBOV Take a look and browse the full range for your favourite club by clicking through to the website below. https://bit.ly/2M5laZs

In the end up it was a tale of 2 keepers,  Martin poor for us in the 1st half whilst Ridgers pulled off 4 or 5 great saves to deny Dobbie,  and others,  in the second half.  If Martin is on his way out he should take Fordyce and Brownlie with him and Naysmith can gtf too for pairing these two up again.  For the second week in a row Naysmith took off Aird who looked our best chance of setting up a goal and Wilson looked lost in midfield.  First half was grim stuff and we deserve to be where we are on that showing , playing for 45 minutes is no good in the position we're in.  It's strange to think that we were in a better position when we had the barest of bones of a squad with only  youngsters on the bench.  Sure we've lost Todd and Low to injuries but that shouldn't affect the the way we are gifting chances to the opposition.  We are also  well short of other teams in doing the basics like controlling the ball and making simple passes,  it would be comical if it wasn't so depressing.  I'm now fearing the worst,  certainly can't see us getting anything from our next two games. 

1 hour ago, the_palmy_pie said:

I’m not sure his middle finger gesture to the home supporters was his best idea. That being said , the abuse directed at him was OTT from some fans. 

Not like Martin to bother lifting a finger.

5 minutes ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

In the end up it was a tale of 2 keepers,  Martin poor for us in the 1st half whilst Ridgers pulled off 4 or 5 great saves to deny Dobbie,  and others,  in the second half.  If Martin is on his way out he should take Fordyce and Brownlie with him and Naysmith can gtf too for pairing these two up again.  For the second week in a row Naysmith took off Aird who looked our best chance of setting up a goal and Wilson looked lost in midfield.  First half was grim stuff and we deserve to be where we are on that showing , playing for 45 minutes is no good in the position we're in.  It's strange to think that we were in a better position when we had the barest of bones of a squad with only  youngsters on the bench.  Sure we've lost Todd and Low to injuries but that shouldn't affect the the way we are gifting chances to the opposition.  We are also  well short of other teams in doing the basics like controlling the ball and making simple passes,  it would be comical if it wasn't so depressing.  I'm now fearing the worst,  certainly can't see us getting anything from our next two games. 

Martin absolutely sold the first goal but there were far deeper problems in the first half, noteably as you say the central defensive partnership. Its hard to believe Naysmith has seen Doyle, Wilson and McGuire all play there but think Brownlie and Fordyce are his best two.

Nothing really worked today, the formation, Mercer at left back, the defence or the midfield. We just seem so passive as a team. Constantly standing off watching other teams play round us, get to the ball first etc.

3 minutes ago, Flash said:

Not like Martin to bother lifting a finger.

There must be a line dancing move that requires some digital expression.

Image result for line dance

That's a huge win for Inverness. What with Dunfermline finding a bit of form. 

Our aim is still to catch Ayr in 3rd IMO. 

Depending on how Dunfermline continue, we may not get 3rd, but I’d be disappointed if we don’t catch Ayr considering the rate they’re falling at. 3rd is still the aim though.

That first half display was truly awful given what was at stake.

All the same GN tactics were in evidence again in first half - sitting off the opposition, lying deep and despite having all these players back, getting cut open time and time again. Dykes is apparently now a midfield player???

Wilson came with a decent write up from Killie but he has been awful in midfield and quite why McGuire is being excluded is beyond me.

Can only see one outcome if we entrust our relegation fight to GN but it will not be an easy job for someone coming in on a “rescue mission”.

Apparently Alan Martin "felt his back"at HT.

🤣

Yeah he must have aggravated it picking the ball out of the net twice before half time!

I think GN is slightly deluded in saying that he thinks our chance of a play off spot may have gone!
Don’t worry, we’ll have one at the other end of the table....that’s is if we don’t trade places with Alloa at the bottom!!

A typically decent interview for Naysmith.

If he's come up with a version of events that's a bit kinder to Martin, then fair enough.

In referring to the promotion play-offs though, I wonder if he's really clocked the kind of trouble we're in.  Somebody please show this guy a table.

A typically decent interview for Naysmith. If he's come up with a version of events that's a bit kinder to Martin, then fair enough.

In referring to the promotion play-offs though, I wonder if he's really clocked the kind of trouble we're in.  Somebody please show this guy a table.

Tbf a lot of our fans have not clocked the position we are in..head in the sand efforts all round. " just not getting the luck " "rub of the green ". Said it before this season stinks of Raith rovers of a few years ago. I dont fancy us in some of these 6 pointer games coming up.  

1 hour ago, weeredbook said:

When are we going to hear anything from the Chairman  ? . 

“I resign” would be nice.

When even Dobbs can’t  score from 3 yards you know we’re in trouble.

We actually had equal possession, and more shots, shots on target and corners, but if we can’t score we’re not going to win.

I thought Wilson did OK in midfield, for a defender, but he’s better at the back. And I can’t work out why Brownlie’s back at the expense of Maguire.

Thought Mercer was our best defender today, he got himself forward a lot.

Dykes worked hard, but if only that guy could score. And for a tall guy, has he ever scored with a header? Was it the player he was marking that scored the second, whilst Dykes ended up in a heap on the floor?

The number of times we got to the by-line and drove it across, but nothing came of it.

There’s something amiss, needing sorted, very soon.......

3 hours ago, Sloop John B said:

Feel like pure shit, just want Brechin and Dumbarton back.

Be careful what you wish for, we might be seeing a lot of them next season. 

Come to think of it, with Stranraer already there and Annan heading for the playoffs, we could be turning the Angus league into a Galloway league

Be careful what you wish for, we might be seeing a lot of them next season. 
Come to think of it, with Stranraer already there and Annan heading for the playoffs, we could be turning the Angus league into a Galloway league

A Galloway league......that’ll be just Stranraer then!!!

21 minutes ago, Mustafa_sheet said:

A Galloway league......that’ll be just Stranraer then!!!

Ok then, a Dumfries & Galloway league. Wasn't trying to be geographically factually accurate