• Announcements

• Div

Pie and Bovril Nostalgia Mobile Phone Cases!   12/09/18

We are delighted to have partnered up with Nostalgia Cases to offer a huge range of fantastic Scottish Football phone cases to our visitors. These high quality cases are available in a range of retro and up to date designs and there variations available for all Premiership, Championship and League 1 clubs as well as four of the League 2 teams. Within each club there are a range of choices. You'll find it difficult to choose! This is an Edinburgh based start-up, and they also provide a custom design service so if there is a kit you don't see that you'd love for your phone you can get in touch with them and they'll add it to their range. Naturally there is a HUGE support for all the major phone manufacturers and models and what's more delivery in the UK is completely FREE. What's even better is that Pie and Bovril users can get 10% off their order using the coupon code PIEANDBOV Take a look and browse the full range for your favourite club by clicking through to the website below. https://bit.ly/2M5laZs

Queens to break the streak next Saturday.

Is it corners specifically  or just crosses in general you have a problem with? Asking for a friend.

Is it corners specifically  or just crosses in general you have a problem with? Asking for a friend.

Wouldn’t bother

We’d rather pass the ball inside and out corners are shite

3 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Any high ball into the box. 

In particular when played into an area most keepers would expect to deal with it.

6 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Wouldn’t bother

We’d rather pass the ball inside and out corners are shite

Last home game  I thought Cadden's corners were pretty good, they had a bit of zip on them compared to the usual high floaters we send in.

the usual high floaters we send in.

The ghost of Brian Gilmour still haunts us

It could easily be four.  

I thought the first had been rescued when Jacobs scrambled a back pass from being flustered in midfield.  I hadn't reckoned on Martin watching matters from presumably close to the pie stall however, such was the time it took for him to appear, moving with all the urgency of a glacier.  Even then, I thought Fordyce? might have got it clear on the line.  But no. 

The other goal was standard issue, as was the one off the bar, and the disallowed one.  

I don't much like the ironic cheering for Martin though.  It's not going to help the poor sod. 

Edited by Monkey Tennis

Martin off for Leighfield. I wonder if that's the last we'll see of Martin.

5 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Dressing room disagreement per chance.

Realistically, if we lose this, how can Naysmith stay on?

Appreciate the budget constraints, but he did he spend wisely? He was the one that decided to go the whole season with only 2 recognised strikers.

Can’t believe we could get relegated in the centenary season.

4 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

I’m not sure his middle finger gesture to the home supporters was his best idea. That being said , the abuse directed at him was OTT from some fans. 

10 minutes ago, die hard doonhamer said:

Sinking quicker than a thing that sinks quickly.

Yep I can see the ending now.

We scrape into the play offs on goal difference only for John Baird to relegate us us with a last minute winner for Forfar at Palmerston

Edited by Distant Doonhamer

Dressing room disagreement per chance.
No I reckon he's said he isn't coming back out.
I’m not sure his middle finger gesture to the home supporters was his best idea. That being said , the abuse directed at him was OTT from some fans. 
Depends what way you look at it. I've lost it today on more than one occasion and I couldn't tell you the last time I've shouted anything towards our players; I'm talking years. But after seeing him glued to his line and costing us yet more goals, there's only so much some folk can take before airing their frustration. Today was my breaking point.

Alan Martin should never play for this club again. That gesture to your own fans in front of kids is poor

Yep I can see the ending know.
we scrape into the play offs on goal difference only for John Baird to relegate us us with a last minute winner for Forfar at Palmerston
Nah, Harkins last minute winner in the final game to relegate us

1 minute ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

Yep I can see the ending know.

we scrape into the play offs on goal difference only for John Baird to relegate us us with a last minute winner for Forfar at Palmerston

I doubt we will even secure a play off spot at this rate.  The players have chucked it and I can’t see that changing now.

All aboard the seaside express.

10 minutes ago, DUMFRIES_CREW said:

Alan Martin should never play for this club again. That gesture to your own fans in front of kids is poor