• Announcements

• Div

Pie and Bovril Nostalgia Mobile Phone Cases!   12/09/18

We are delighted to have partnered up with Nostalgia Cases to offer a huge range of fantastic Scottish Football phone cases to our visitors. These high quality cases are available in a range of retro and up to date designs and there variations available for all Premiership, Championship and League 1 clubs as well as four of the League 2 teams. Within each club there are a range of choices. You'll find it difficult to choose! This is an Edinburgh based start-up, and they also provide a custom design service so if there is a kit you don't see that you'd love for your phone you can get in touch with them and they'll add it to their range. Naturally there is a HUGE support for all the major phone manufacturers and models and what's more delivery in the UK is completely FREE. What's even better is that Pie and Bovril users can get 10% off their order using the coupon code PIEANDBOV Take a look and browse the full range for your favourite club by clicking through to the website below. https://bit.ly/2M5laZs

2 hours ago, CaleyStan said:

We had a better squad last season and this league is more competitive so if we're a few points better off then that's a decent achievement. 

I also think we've improved as the season has progressed. McCart has made a difference, Welsh seems to get better every time I see him, and Doran seems to be coming into form at last. 

Our main problem is that we can't handle more than two injuries to our first 11 - the squad has no depth whatsoever. If we're able to put out a similar team to the one that started last week then I can see us building on that performance. 

Yeah I think our first XI is up there with the best in the league (not necessarily the best obviously) but there is precious little beyond that sadly.

A huge game today for us.

There's something invigorating about attending a match that feels like it has lots riding on it, so I'd like to place on record my gratitude to Naysmith and his boys for ensuring that all the games from here on in feel like they carry such significance.

There's something invigorating about attending a match that feels like it has lots riding on it, so I'd like to place on record my gratitude to Naysmith and his boys for ensuring that all the games from here on in feel like they carry such significance.
In seriousness and as ridiculous as it sounds, I'd rather be in a relegation dogfight than a safe 5/6/7 finish where you're just running down the games. Adds excitement to the end of the season. Obviously I'd rather we were in a fight for a promotion play-off spot but you get my point.

33 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:
3 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

In seriousness and as ridiculous as it sounds, I'd rather be in a relegation dogfight than a safe 5/6/7 finish where you're just running down the games. Adds excitement to the end of the season. Obviously I'd rather we were in a fight for a promotion play-off spot but you get my point.

I genuinely do get what you mean.

Obviously I was being facetious earlier, but there's some truth in there.  At the same time though, if we were to win a couple and pull clear, right now I'd really welcome the last handful of matches not mattering much.  

There is something exciting about the stakes feeling high though, even if it's kinda scary at this end of the table.

IMG_1552141800.609224.thumb.jpg.2522389d759c68fc0a31024eb4fc8a2b.jpg

I like that starting lineup but we’re down to the bare bones on the bench. Walsh, McDonald, McHattie out, I’m guessing Daniel MacKay, McGregor, Harper, Hyde etc are away with the U18s to Turkey? That explains having two kids I’ve never heard of on the bench, both are 16 apparently

Marshall injured :(

As good a line-up as we could have hoped. Aird and Stirling starting. We really need them to show up today.

Marshal joins the injury list. Mercer has played LB previously so i`d expect him there and Doyle at RB. 

Subs are Leighfield. Maguire, Murray, McGrath and Williams.

3 minutes ago, trotsky27 said:

Williams new singing?

There`s a Callum Williams listed in the U20 squad on the official site.

Likely him I would expect.

3 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

There`s a Callum Williams listed in the U20 squad on the official site.

Likely him I would expect.

Yeah centre mid. He's been one of the  better players in the last couple of reserve games, but probably still a while away from being 1st team ready

Never even noticed Marshall was out. Just assumed he was starting. f**k me.

Martin in being glued to his line shocker.

Tip Queens to win this having watched both sides in the last few weeks.

Going well so far....

Not in the slightest bit surprised the way we’ve conceded our first two goals but this is grim. We can blame the usual suspects but the for me a big part of our downfall lies with the decision to cut Gary Naysmith’s budget and try go throughout the season with such a small squad. It was always going to come back and haunt us.