Queens v Inverness

1 hour ago, trotsky27 said:

Who was the other guy that got kicked out that was having verbals with his own fans on the way out

Wasn’t an ICT fan. I heard we had a fan who lives in Stoke, and he got half a dozen mates to come up for a day out. They all got hammered on the train up, and one of them got refused admission. This Biggles character came up and said so and so had been huckled, and everybody was to walk out. I think he meant his group but it appeared like he wanted the whole support to walk out so everybody started telling him to f**k off, and he started challenging everybody to a fight. 

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, The Mantis said:

Wasn’t an ICT fan. I heard we had a fan who lives in Stoke, and he got half a dozen mates to come up for a day out. They all got hammered on the train up, and one of them got refused admission. This Biggles character came up and said so and so had been huckled, and everybody was to walk out. I think he meant his group but it appeared like he wanted the whole support to walk out so everybody started telling him to f**k off, and he started challenging everybody to a fight. 

The story I heard was a guy from Inverness came up for the game and took a group of mates up with him who spent the whole day drinking and apparently were almost not allowed in the ground.  One got put out hence the ratty looking guy in the leather jacket sushing everyone and saying 'Alan's been put out so we're going'.  Then some brawl started and this knuckle dragger was put out.  He was then arrested outside for spitting on a steward as he was ejected.  There was a few of this group around the support and you could tell them a mile off - loud, drunk, scummy guys with thick Midlands accents.  I don't think most of them came  back for the second half.

He spat on a steward after he was taken out apparently and was arrested.  Good, as he was a total moron.
There were 3/4 guys who left not long after that. One was shouting at a steward, who almost did that turn around thing to see if he was talking to someone behind him [emoji38] He looked totally surprised the guy was giving him abuse. I assume those guys were with the other one.

3 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

There were 3/4 guys who left not long after that. One was shouting at a steward, who almost did that turn around thing to see if he was talking to someone behind him emoji38.png He looked totally surprised the guy was giving him abuse. I assume those guys were with the other one.

I've updated my post a wee bit.  The same ratty looking guy was involved with something with the stewards and some young QOTS ballboy as well before kick off.

I've updated my post a wee bit.  The same ratty looking guy was involved with something with the stewards and some young QOTS ballboy as well before kick off.

Aye he seemed to be raging before the game even started. I did notice the turnstyle lads speaking to the stewards. As they had money bags I wondered if maybe the clown had tried to snatch one or something. But not like those boys not to just head round with the money so obviously something was said or done. He was gone not long after that anyway.

14 minutes ago, Highland Capital said:

The story I heard was a guy from Inverness came up for the game and took a group of mates up with him who spent the whole day drinking and apparently were almost not allowed in the ground.  One got put out hence the ratty looking guy in the leather jacket sushing everyone and saying 'Alan's been put out so we're going'.  Then some brawl started and this knuckle dragger was put out.  He was then arrested outside for spitting on a steward after being put out.  There was a few of this group around the support and you could tell them a mile off - loud, drunk, scummy with thick Midlands accents.  I don't think most of them came  back for the second half.

Aye they were in the back row away to the left. Wondered where all these 'thick midlands accents' were coming from in our support :lol:

3 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:
8 minutes ago, Highland Capital said:

Aye he seemed to be raging before the game even started. I did notice the turnstyle lads speaking to the stewards. As they had money bags I wondered if maybe the clown had tried to snatch one or something. But not like those boys not to just head round with the money so obviously something was said or done. He was gone not long after that anyway.

You could just tell by looking at them that they were scum of the Earth.  There was one behind me who kept shouting 'C'mon Caley!  Big winners!'.  No-one sober shouts that!

Apparently they were close to not being allowed in in the first place but the stewards wanted to give them the benefit of the doubt.  There was no doubt about it - they were morons.

1 minute ago, Highland Capital said:

You could just tell by looking at them that they were scum of the Earth.  There was one behind me who kept shouting 'C'mon Caley!  Big winners!'.  No-one sober shouts that!

But that guy was separate from the others, he was in front of me, and right of you if it was the same guy. But he seemed to know one or two players. I couldn't decide if he was an incomer to Inverness or one of those tourists who adopts a wee team. He was getting on my tits though.

Just now, The Mantis said:

But that guy was separate from the others, he was in front of me, and right of you if it was the same guy. But he seemed to know one or two players. I couldn't decide if he was an incomer to Inverness or one of those tourists who adopts a wee team. He was getting on my tits though.

Pretty sure he was part of that group.  He never came back for the second half.

34 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:
40 minutes ago, Highland Capital said:

I thought they didn’t handle cash.

On a happier note, I met a guy in the Arena before the game, from Huddersfield originally but now lives in Perth. Used to live in Barcelona and was a season ticket holder.

Anyway, he is now ‘collecting’ Scottish football grounds (all by public transport) and only has 3 to go (after yesterday). Just loves his football and the friendliness and camaredie of the ‘lesser’ clubs.

So, forget the bampots, there are plenty decent folk out there!

2 hours ago, The Mantis said:

They were from Uttoxeter. Arrived in Dumfries at 10.32 already half pissed. Hang a banner briefly over the railings at Wetherspoons. Warned twice about their noise as there were families eating in the upstairs area. Other than that they seemed ok. That was at half past 11 mind. 

Easy win yesterday. Despite Queens being on a bad run I still expected us to stumble a bit here so it was a nice surprise to see us easily secure the three points save for a pretty shoddy opening to the second half. 

Very well taken goal by Doran to open the scoring. I see some reports have stated it was a poor backpass but I thought it was an overhit through ball from one of our players (clearly I wasn't paying that much attention). Anyway, Doran did well to get onto it and round the keeper before finishing well from a pretty tight angle. I thought he might have taken it too wide but he did well to squeeze it in (oo er). 

Mckay got the second when he met a corner and found the net via a big deflection off his marker. We should have had a third goal when Polworth saw his shot turned wide and then from his corner McCart (I think) headed against the bar and White shot over.

Queens seldom threatened but they were much better after the break and we were fortunate not to concede at least one goal with Ridgers denying Dobbie, Dykes and then Dobbie again as we struggled to get going again. Gone was the nice crisp passing play replaced by hurried balls lumped forward to no one in particular. Only Doran seemed to have the intelligence to try and get the ball down on the ground and start knocking it about again. Once we did that we started to gain a foothold and should have extended our lead when Welsh and the Polworth again shot wide from distance.

Great performances from the likes of Doran, Polworth, McCart and Tremarco. Ridgers didn't have too much to do in the first half but made three terrific saves to maintain our two goal lead in the second. Had one of those gone in who knows what might have happened.

Those fans up from Stoke were interesting to say the least. One seemed to have had an altercation with one of the young lads on the turnstiles and got chucked out, followed possibly by another one. Then some other guy came back in demanding everyone leave and got into a fight with an ICT fan who told him to f**k off. Then they all left. I bumped into them at the station heading back to Carlisle but fortunately managed to hide from them on the train and at the changeover at Carlisle. Strange mob.

Archived