Queens v Inverness

5 minutes ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

In the end up it was a tale of 2 keepers,  Martin poor for us in the 1st half whilst Ridgers pulled off 4 or 5 great saves to deny Dobbie,  and others,  in the second half.  If Martin is on his way out he should take Fordyce and Brownlie with him and Naysmith can gtf too for pairing these two up again.  For the second week in a row Naysmith took off Aird who looked our best chance of setting up a goal and Wilson looked lost in midfield.  First half was grim stuff and we deserve to be where we are on that showing , playing for 45 minutes is no good in the position we're in.  It's strange to think that we were in a better position when we had the barest of bones of a squad with only  youngsters on the bench.  Sure we've lost Todd and Low to injuries but that shouldn't affect the the way we are gifting chances to the opposition.  We are also  well short of other teams in doing the basics like controlling the ball and making simple passes,  it would be comical if it wasn't so depressing.  I'm now fearing the worst,  certainly can't see us getting anything from our next two games. 

Martin absolutely sold the first goal but there were far deeper problems in the first half, noteably as you say the central defensive partnership. Its hard to believe Naysmith has seen Doyle, Wilson and McGuire all play there but think Brownlie and Fordyce are his best two.

Nothing really worked today, the formation, Mercer at left back, the defence or the midfield. We just seem so passive as a team. Constantly standing off watching other teams play round us, get to the ball first etc.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's a huge win for Inverness. What with Dunfermline finding a bit of form. 

Our aim is still to catch Ayr in 3rd IMO. 

That first half display was truly awful given what was at stake.

All the same GN tactics were in evidence again in first half - sitting off the opposition, lying deep and despite having all these players back, getting cut open time and time again. Dykes is apparently now a midfield player???

Wilson came with a decent write up from Killie but he has been awful in midfield and quite why McGuire is being excluded is beyond me.

Can only see one outcome if we entrust our relegation fight to GN but it will not be an easy job for someone coming in on a “rescue mission”.

Apparently Alan Martin "felt his back"at HT.

🤣

Yeah he must have aggravated it picking the ball out of the net twice before half time!

I think GN is slightly deluded in saying that he thinks our chance of a play off spot may have gone!
Don’t worry, we’ll have one at the other end of the table....that’s is if we don’t trade places with Alloa at the bottom!!

A typically decent interview for Naysmith.

If he's come up with a version of events that's a bit kinder to Martin, then fair enough.

In referring to the promotion play-offs though, I wonder if he's really clocked the kind of trouble we're in.  Somebody please show this guy a table.

A typically decent interview for Naysmith. If he's come up with a version of events that's a bit kinder to Martin, then fair enough.

In referring to the promotion play-offs though, I wonder if he's really clocked the kind of trouble we're in.  Somebody please show this guy a table.

Tbf a lot of our fans have not clocked the position we are in..head in the sand efforts all round. " just not getting the luck " "rub of the green ". Said it before this season stinks of Raith rovers of a few years ago. I dont fancy us in some of these 6 pointer games coming up.  

When even Dobbs can’t  score from 3 yards you know we’re in trouble.

We actually had equal possession, and more shots, shots on target and corners, but if we can’t score we’re not going to win.

I thought Wilson did OK in midfield, for a defender, but he’s better at the back. And I can’t work out why Brownlie’s back at the expense of Maguire.

Thought Mercer was our best defender today, he got himself forward a lot.

Dykes worked hard, but if only that guy could score. And for a tall guy, has he ever scored with a header? Was it the player he was marking that scored the second, whilst Dykes ended up in a heap on the floor?

The number of times we got to the by-line and drove it across, but nothing came of it.

There’s something amiss, needing sorted, very soon.......

3 hours ago, Sloop John B said:

Feel like pure shit, just want Brechin and Dumbarton back.

Be careful what you wish for, we might be seeing a lot of them next season. 

Come to think of it, with Stranraer already there and Annan heading for the playoffs, we could be turning the Angus league into a Galloway league

Be careful what you wish for, we might be seeing a lot of them next season. 
Come to think of it, with Stranraer already there and Annan heading for the playoffs, we could be turning the Angus league into a Galloway league

A Galloway league......that’ll be just Stranraer then!!!

21 minutes ago, Mustafa_sheet said:

A Galloway league......that’ll be just Stranraer then!!!

Ok then, a Dumfries & Galloway league. Wasn't trying to be geographically factually accurate 

We were good today, especially in the intensity of the first half display and, most pleasingly, in the way we recovered from Queens spell of pressure in the 2nd half to see the game out comfortably. 

Listening to Naysmith there, I'd be very worried if I was a Queens fan. He says he set up with two natural wide players to have a go because it was a home game. Anyone who's seen us this season knows we struggle to create chances unless we're given space in the middle of the park but we can look decent when we have that space - why would a team on such a bad run set up like that against us? 

From our point of view, we're riding a wave of positivity now that came along suddenly with the win against County in the cup. If we keep our key players fit then I'd fancy us to reach the play-off semi. Then it just depends on the state of Dundee United. 

Where's Drifter  ?  he  will have the answers  .

For some reason Skyline doesn’t post much these days!

He's already posted elsewhere that he has a lot going on in his personal life, so maybe just leave it at that.

Anyone who's seen us this season knows we struggle to create chances unless we're given space in the middle of the park but we can look decent when we have that space - why would a team on such a bad run set up like that against us? 

I can't comment on the away games, but 4 of your 5 goals against us at Palmerston have been crosses. The other one being a f**k up from us as our GK was routed to his line. So it's fair to say we've handled you through the middle pretty well.

Well I'm about calm now as I'm 6 ciders deep. But that first half was as mad as I've been in years. I was raging at our GK and had a full Heads Gone at a Caley fan at HT [emoji38]

We were clearly set up not to get beat in the first half. It was a back 5 with Wilson/Jacobs sitting just in front of the back 4. At one point Wilson ran forward and as soon as he lost it he retrieved all the way back to his half (rather than chase the lost ball). No surprise Martin was stuck on his line for the first and we lost another from a corner. Utterly amateur again.

Thought Aird and Stirling looked interested and as soon as Aird was (wrongly) hooked we lost any creativity going forward. Baffling. The amount of excellent balls he put into the box was unreal. Sadly we never had anyone on the end of them to put them away. We someone looked more threatening after going 2 down.

ICT were excellent today though. It was like a cat playing with a mouse. Even if we scored I reckon they'd have upped it again and took another off us. They looked far better than earlier this season and will be worth a punt to go up via the play-offs.

As for the creep in the ICT support today. Making sexual references to 15 year old boys throughout the half makes you a fucking beast. Absolutely disgusting stuff. I can take the shite Tory/Farmer/No Voting/Shite Team patter all day, but to shout sexual stuff at young lads all half is fucking vile. He was well into his 50's. The fact no one in the ICT support backed him up when I got into words with him speaks volumes. Thankfully not all the ICT support are fucking weirdos :D

5 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

As for the creep in the ICT support today. Making sexual references to 15 year old boys throughout the half makes you a fucking beast. Absolutely disgusting stuff. I can take the shite Tory/Farmer/No Voting/Shite Team patter all day, but to shout sexual stuff at young lads all half is fucking vile. He was well into his 50's. The fact no one in the ICT support backed him up when I got into words with him speaks volumes. Thankfully not all the ICT support are fucking weirdos :D

This sounds vile.

Did nobody think to involve the police in at least speaking to this creep?

3 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

A typically decent interview for Naysmith.

If he's come up with a version of events that's a bit kinder to Martin, then fair enough.

He maybe didn't know what Martin did before halftime, then Martin decided on his own he wasn't coming back out (sore back) think that's more like what happened, time to play Jack in goals he will do no worse and the centre half partnership ain't working get rid of Fordyce... 

Archived