Queens v Inverness

Is it corners specifically  or just crosses in general you have a problem with? Asking for a friend.

Wouldn’t bother

We’d rather pass the ball inside and out corners are shite

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Wouldn’t bother

We’d rather pass the ball inside and out corners are shite

Last home game  I thought Cadden's corners were pretty good, they had a bit of zip on them compared to the usual high floaters we send in.

It could easily be four.  

I thought the first had been rescued when Jacobs scrambled a back pass from being flustered in midfield.  I hadn't reckoned on Martin watching matters from presumably close to the pie stall however, such was the time it took for him to appear, moving with all the urgency of a glacier.  Even then, I thought Fordyce? might have got it clear on the line.  But no. 

The other goal was standard issue, as was the one off the bar, and the disallowed one.  

I don't much like the ironic cheering for Martin though.  It's not going to help the poor sod. 

Realistically, if we lose this, how can Naysmith stay on?

Appreciate the budget constraints, but he did he spend wisely? He was the one that decided to go the whole season with only 2 recognised strikers.

Can’t believe we could get relegated in the centenary season.

4 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Martin off for Leighfield. I wonder if that's the last we'll see of Martin.

I’m not sure his middle finger gesture to the home supporters was his best idea. That being said , the abuse directed at him was OTT from some fans. 

Dressing room disagreement per chance.
No I reckon he's said he isn't coming back out.
I’m not sure his middle finger gesture to the home supporters was his best idea. That being said , the abuse directed at him was OTT from some fans. 
Depends what way you look at it. I've lost it today on more than one occasion and I couldn't tell you the last time I've shouted anything towards our players; I'm talking years. But after seeing him glued to his line and costing us yet more goals, there's only so much some folk can take before airing their frustration. Today was my breaking point.

Yep I can see the ending know.
we scrape into the play offs on goal difference only for John Baird to relegate us us with a last minute winner for Forfar at Palmerston
Nah, Harkins last minute winner in the final game to relegate us [emoji38]

1 minute ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

Yep I can see the ending know.

we scrape into the play offs on goal difference only for John Baird to relegate us us with a last minute winner for Forfar at Palmerston

I doubt we will even secure a play off spot at this rate.  The players have chucked it and I can’t see that changing now.

All aboard the seaside express.

In the end up it was a tale of 2 keepers,  Martin poor for us in the 1st half whilst Ridgers pulled off 4 or 5 great saves to deny Dobbie,  and others,  in the second half.  If Martin is on his way out he should take Fordyce and Brownlie with him and Naysmith can gtf too for pairing these two up again.  For the second week in a row Naysmith took off Aird who looked our best chance of setting up a goal and Wilson looked lost in midfield.  First half was grim stuff and we deserve to be where we are on that showing , playing for 45 minutes is no good in the position we're in.  It's strange to think that we were in a better position when we had the barest of bones of a squad with only  youngsters on the bench.  Sure we've lost Todd and Low to injuries but that shouldn't affect the the way we are gifting chances to the opposition.  We are also  well short of other teams in doing the basics like controlling the ball and making simple passes,  it would be comical if it wasn't so depressing.  I'm now fearing the worst,  certainly can't see us getting anything from our next two games. 

Guest Flash
1 hour ago, the_palmy_pie said:

Not like Martin to bother lifting a finger.

Archived