Queens v Inverness

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was kind of hoping that their cup tie would go to a replay next midweek then the players minds might not have been fully on the job.  We really need to start recording some wins but wouldn't be too disappointed if we added to the list of Inverness CT draws, as long as we stop the rot.

1 hour ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

I was kind of hoping that their cup tie would go to a replay next midweek then the players minds might not have been fully on the job.  We really need to start recording some wins but wouldn't be too disappointed if we added to the list of Inverness CT draws, as long as we stop the rot.

I'd be disappointed with a draw because it wouldn't much improve our situation.  Draws against Falkirk, Alloa and Partick might have some value on the run in, because we'd be preventing them from gaining ground on us in their best chances to do so.  

We really need some wins though.  On today's performance from ICT, it looks like a big ask for next weekend.

Pretty eventful game last time round. Wouldn't surprise me to some extent if Queens, despite their bad form, catch Inverness napping after a cup hangover as others in the thread have mentioned.

1 minute ago, ALOREBURNE said:

Just don’t lose. We are due a bit of luck and going by recent games between the two there will be goals.  Hopefully more in our favour and I fancy Dykes to score in this one :thumsup2

You've taken that too far. 

I don't think we are much better than we were at the start of the season. We are a stunningly inconsistent side. We've lost half of our last 8 games or so. At the start of the season we had that mad run of draws with the odd win here and there. Despite the good feeling from the cup win last weekend in the league we're only a few points better off this season than we were at the same time last year.

We had a better squad last season and this league is more competitive so if we're a few points better off then that's a decent achievement. 

I also think we've improved as the season has progressed. McCart has made a difference, Welsh seems to get better every time I see him, and Doran seems to be coming into form at last. 

Our main problem is that we can't handle more than two injuries to our first 11 - the squad has no depth whatsoever. If we're able to put out a similar team to the one that started last week then I can see us building on that performance. 

2 hours ago, CaleyStan said:

We had a better squad last season and this league is more competitive so if we're a few points better off then that's a decent achievement. 

I also think we've improved as the season has progressed. McCart has made a difference, Welsh seems to get better every time I see him, and Doran seems to be coming into form at last. 

Our main problem is that we can't handle more than two injuries to our first 11 - the squad has no depth whatsoever. If we're able to put out a similar team to the one that started last week then I can see us building on that performance. 

Yeah I think our first XI is up there with the best in the league (not necessarily the best obviously) but there is precious little beyond that sadly.

A huge game today for us.

There's something invigorating about attending a match that feels like it has lots riding on it, so I'd like to place on record my gratitude to Naysmith and his boys for ensuring that all the games from here on in feel like they carry such significance.

Archived