Invernesian Fakes Death

• 10 months later...
On 15/06/2020 at 13:50, Highland Capital said:

I see he's been denied bail and his defence lawyer has claimed the trip to America was a holiday and he really was caught out at sea.

Must've been some rip tide considering he turned up in Colorado.

optimistic in the extreme if they thought he was getting bailed

• 10 months later...
Well the details of that report are absolutely fucking grim.
The link to the depressing journal isn't much better.
Muir of ord always sounded grim at the best of times but it just seems that little bit grimmer having read that.

• 2 weeks later...
Result.
Always remember the time outside burger King / tsb one of my friends tried to tell us to watch where we are walking as his stuff might be worth..... Something and he went mental at him for the pause.
Ironically for the big greasy paedo, he's going to get an ungreased one right up him.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...

Wee bump for this as a decent documentary on iPlayer called Dead Man Running about Kim Avis.

Although I did have to search online to find out why he had so much money with no real job as such as documentary didn't really go into that plus how his American 'friend' managed to be given some of his money - £70,000 in total I think.

Sorry if another thread on him but I couldn't see anything.

Edited by Shannon

7 hours ago, Shannon said:

Wee bump for this as a decent documentary on iPlayer called Dead Man Running about Kim Avis.

Although I did have to search online to find out why he had so much money with no real job as such as documentary didn't really go into that plus how his American 'friend' managed to be given some of his money - £70,000 in total I think.

Sorry if another thread on him but I couldn't see anything.

Interesting story very poorly told imo,far too many glaring gaps&unanswered questions 

The story in Inverness always was he had rich parents and he inherited the house he subsequently sold for £250,000. Quite how he made any money from his street stall to pay the bills I'll never know. In the documentary they seemed to debunk the story that his family owned Avis Car Hire or were involved with Gordon's Gin. On the surname thing, I never once heard him being referred to as Kim Avis, he was always Kim Gordon. 

I spoke to him once and although he was looking at me I felt he was looking through me if you get me. Probably because I wasn't a 16 year old female

One thing the documentary didn’t really explain, presumably because they couldn’t find out, is where he came from, what his background is.

The charity worker they interviewed said that he came to Inverness in his late teens, early 20s because he’d wanted to live in the Highlands. When I was a kid the story everyone had about him was that he came from a rich family, that he lived with them in a big house in Crown etc. - that can’t be the case because he only came to Inverness when he was an adult. The victim interviewed in the documentary said he sent her to live in a caravan on a piece of land he owned. He sold his house at Buncrew for £250k, how did he buy these places in the first place? I mean, where is he from, I don’t think he was Scottish. Did this guy just rock up, play guitar badly and sell seashell earrings until he had enough money to buy land and a house? 

Odd.

28 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

Did this guy just rock up, play guitar badly and sell seashell earrings until he had enough money to buy land and a house? 

Odd.

I know people who play guitar extremely well but find it a challenge to make money from doing so.

I think they would be pissed off if they discovered playing as badly as Kim was the key to success.

3 hours ago, ICTChris said:

One thing the documentary didn’t really explain, presumably because they couldn’t find out, is where he came from, what his background is.

The charity worker they interviewed said that he came to Inverness in his late teens, early 20s because he’d wanted to live in the Highlands. When I was a kid the story everyone had about him was that he came from a rich family, that he lived with them in a big house in Crown etc. - that can’t be the case because he only came to Inverness when he was an adult. The victim interviewed in the documentary said he sent her to live in a caravan on a piece of land he owned. He sold his house at Buncrew for £250k, how did he buy these places in the first place? I mean, where is he from, I don’t think he was Scottish. Did this guy just rock up, play guitar badly and sell seashell earrings until he had enough money to buy land and a house? 

Odd.

Watched a documentary about him the other night and, as you say, it just seems bizarre that no-one seems to have been able to discern any backstory about him whatsoever prior to him rocking up in Inverness in his late teens/early 20's. 

I mean, a fairly high profile case in the media both here and abroad given the mad attempt at faking his own death in America etc, and not a single person from his earlier life has been found or come forward to say they lived near him, went to school with him etc? OK, he's not exactly the type of person you'd want to be associated with given he's a beasty, rapey bassa, but there's usually always someone looking to get their face in front of a camera for their couple of minutes of fame. Very, very strange.

Edited by 'WellDel

On 11/06/2021 at 11:31, Highland Capital said:

I see he's been sentenced to 15 years in jail.  Won't see that stall on the High Street for a while.

Having watched the documentary, 15 years seems very lenient.   The whole question of the son was completely ignored as well, along with the girlfriend he somehow lured from the guy from Wolfstone.  

I still have a ring I bought from him.  I used to talk to him about tattoos back in the day.  Seemed okay.  His busking, and I cant put it strongly enough, was absolutely abysmal.  I’m not even sure he knew how to play the guitar or flute.  

Edited by Savage Henry