Invernesian Fakes Death

9 hours ago, Highland Capital said:

Has anyone ever seen Kim the Busker busking? I never have.

Lucky you.  I have never heard him play either but I do recall a time when he had a guitar he would use on the high street.
Not sure if he knew how to tune it or the concept of a chord.
It was a painful ordeal.

There is an article stating how the council were delighted to give him a licence to sell his trinkets.
Probably not the full story.
"If we don't give him a licence - he'll go back to his guitar again and we don't want that".

Edited by Fullerene

Aye, just saw on the courts thread.
Same boy.

Can recall seeing him whilst visiting family up that way in the early 2000s and despite being a young mosher at the time, felt it was probably best to keep a distance from him.
Anytime I'd been up since he was still there.

Inverness was full of moshers around that time as well which was pretty bizarre. I wonder how much influence this guy had on the mosher scene back then:

8 minutes ago, throbber said:

Inverness was full of moshers around that time as well which was pretty bizarre. I wonder how much influence this guy had on the mosher scene back then:

I think it was all over.

We had the "Monny" outside St John's Shopping Centre in Perth where folk of that ilk tended to congregate.

Don't recall us having any sort of odd yet for some reason alluring, talisman figure however.

Yeah he would have a stall or two, i’m certain he sold paintings as well as bracelets. He would always have a cape on and always had young goths/moshers hanging about him. He was constantly there for 20+ years.

They should just put weirdos like this down.

Bit harsh on Throbber.

On the subject of terrible buskers, the old guy who plays on the underground platforms at Newcastle's Monument metro station will take some beating. I think he's collecting for charity so it'd be harsh to try and get him banned, but he's so bad you would pay him to stop playing. He hasn't even the vaguest concept of keeping in tune.

Edited to add: and he only knows about 3 songs.

Edited by nsr

On the subject of terrible buskers, the old guy who plays on the underground platforms at Newcastle's Monument metro station will take some beating. I think he's collecting for charity so it'd be harsh to try and get him banned, but he's so bad you would pay him to stop playing. He hasn't even the vaguest concept of keeping in tune.
Edited to add: and he only knows about 3 songs.

Aye but has he faked his own death?

4 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Do you think Clint has shot him?

I fully expect the Scottish Sun and Record to suggest that possibility imminently, given that they seem to be sourcing their coverage from here.

I remember walking past his stall once with a girl I was going out with and him making a lewd/creepy comment (which was just loud enough for us to hear) to his pal about her. We were both in secondary school at the time.

Still, though, raised lots of money for charity.