Stenny vs Brechin - 10th vs 9th

Fuckin shocking - no going on Tuesday.

An hour against 10 and concede and then 20 min against 9.

Not good enough from where I am sitting. We r fooked. 

Someone tell me the stats on BBC are not right as they just had the fuckin stress.

Fuckin shocking - no going on Tuesday.
An hour against 10 and concede and then 20 min against 9.
Not good enough from where I am sitting. We r fooked. 
Someone tell me the stats on BBC are not right as they just had the fuckin stress.
Stats are correct

A wonderful point in the circumstances but I'm very disappointed nine-man Stenhousemuir didn't win the match. When Connor McBrearty danced between the Brechin City defenders with just the goalkeeper to beat, I could feel my heart exploding but his effort was rubbish and easily saved. If it had fallen to Greg Hurst, say, it would have been a different outcome. Brechin were absolutely pathetic and everyone associated with the club should be ashamed of such a mimsy display. They didn't stretch us, didn't open us up, didn't get in behind us. They should have taken a massive step to avoiding 10th place; instead they're no further forward.

I didn't see what happened at Brechin's goal, I was reading a funny tweet, and looked up from my phone as Kalvin Orsi, in acres of space, hooked the ball into the net from eight yards. I also didn't see what prompted Russell Dingwall's red card but his lack of protest suggests he was guilty of some offence. I was told after the match he stood on the goalkeeper's toes. We didn't really miss Dingwall because Brechin didn't really exert any pressure on us - in fact, it was Stenhousemuir who had most of the ball towards the end of the first half, the wind behind them, but they were a little ponderous. Alan Reid's low drive looked like it was on target before it was well blocked and David Marsh thumped the rebound narrowly over the bar from range.

We were excellent in the second half. We were good on the ball and looked to get wingers Alan Cook and Connor Duthie involved with play. Greg Hurst should have scored when he was put through on goal but his deft chip went past the post. Cook's goal was brilliantly taken - Duthie's cross was flicked wide by Mark McGuigan and Cook set himself before leathering the ball into the corner of the net.

Duthie, who had been cautioned for a fairly innocuous aerial challenge in the first half, was sent off for chopping down Orsi on the touchline and Stenny were reduced to nine men with about 20 minutes to go. Colin McMenamin changed things around and made the team more compact, sat them deep and ceded possession. It worked a treat as Brechin were too dense to do anything with it. Other than a pretty good save midway through the half, I can't remember them troubling Graeme Smith. In fact, it was the Warriors who looked more threatening when Cook, on the counter, whipped in a marvellous ball that Hurst couldn't quite get on the end of and McBrearty's boob.

Other than Dingwall - who annoyed me by smirking when he walked off the park - everyone should be delighted with their contributions. McGuigan and Hurst looked good together up top, McBrearty was tenacious and battled in the middle of the park, Reid had another good game and Andy Munro marshalled the defence well. Time is running out and I reckon we'll finish in the bottom two, especially with Dumbarton and Stranraer picking up points, but we're miles better than Brechin, that's for sure.

A point with 9 men should be a cause for celebration, but jeezo, we should have taken all 3 points. I’ll forgive McBrearty the miss at the end as he must have been well and truly fcuked, but to think we had the best chance while we had 9 men, and were well on top with 10, it feels like a defeat. A real missed chance today.

My god Brechin were bad. Teams have ups and downs, but it’s the 2nd time I’ve seen them this season and on each occasion I’ve found myself laughing out loud at their incompetence.

Didn’t see what happened with Dingwall but he seemed to be indicating to the players in the stand on the way off that he had just shoved him away or nudged him with an elbow. Seems to have been more to it given the keeper was nursing below the waist (groin? legs?  feet?...Didn’t see what was being treated but it didn’t appear to be a head or chest knock). 

I don’t read too much into the smirking, that was directed towards the away fans and while the sensible thing really would have been to get the head down and away up the tunnel, it’s not the worst response to a bunch of gurning, ranting, raving farmers in the grand scheme of things. 

Really good response second half, some excellent shifts put in from McBrearty, Hurst and Cook in particular. Andy Munro  continues to impress with his command of the team as much as anything else, give that boy the armband.

We will certainly be coming of the park and into the next fixtures as the team who got something today, as opposed to Brechin who must feel like they’ll struggle for their next three points if they couldn’t up their game in those circumstances. Hopefully that alone sees us move closer to them and hopefully above them in the coming weeks. As someone says above, don’t see us getting above 9th now but would certainly be disappointed to finish below that mob in the relegation spot. 

1 hour ago, beaver1 said:

A point with 9 men should be a cause for celebration, but jeezo, we should have taken all 3 points. I’ll forgive McBrearty the miss at the end as he must have been well and truly fcuked, but to think we had the best chance while we had 9 men, and were well on top with 10, it feels like a defeat. A real missed chance today.

My god Brechin were bad. Teams have ups and downs, but it’s the 2nd time I’ve seen them this season and on each occasion I’ve found myself laughing out loud at their incompetence.

and yet we are still ahead of Stenny  :whistle and yes I agree we are absolute pish  :(

14 hours ago, beaver1 said:

You are spot on.   There was only one team wanting to win that yesterday and we were very , very lucky to come away with a point. Had Stenny had a decent finisher then we would have been deservedly bottom right now. 

I still can't believe that inept 2nd half performance.  Up there with one of the worst I have seen in my 40 odd years watching Brechin. 

Edit.......Unlike some though , I will not give up on them. 

17 hours ago, roman_bairn said:

How’s that prediction working out then....

Four-two. 

I couldn't make the game yesterday but I wouldn't be bothered if Dingwall was never seen again. Waste of a jersey for me. 

Great performance in the circumstances but we are running out of games and hard to see where a point comes from out of the next two.

Highlights from yesterday’s game are on the Brechin website. I’m wondering why they have chosen not to include the first red card?

Because our camera man was focusing on the corner taker as opposed to what was going on in the box. Same with Stenny footage.

Archived