• Announcements

• Div

Pie and Bovril Nostalgia Mobile Phone Cases!   12/09/18

We are delighted to have partnered up with Nostalgia Cases to offer a huge range of fantastic Scottish Football phone cases to our visitors. These high quality cases are available in a range of retro and up to date designs and there variations available for all Premiership, Championship and League 1 clubs as well as four of the League 2 teams. Within each club there are a range of choices. You'll find it difficult to choose! This is an Edinburgh based start-up, and they also provide a custom design service so if there is a kit you don't see that you'd love for your phone you can get in touch with them and they'll add it to their range. Naturally there is a HUGE support for all the major phone manufacturers and models and what's more delivery in the UK is completely FREE. What's even better is that Pie and Bovril users can get 10% off their order using the coupon code PIEANDBOV Take a look and browse the full range for your favourite club by clicking through to the website below. https://bit.ly/2M5laZs
NJ2

A View From The Terrace

First time watching but missed the opening 15 minutes, thought most of it was alright - could do with more videos and photos while they are talking though.

4 minutes ago, Fuctifano said:

I do think it's good though an hour is too long and the number of "features" this week compared to last meant it seemed like there was a lot of filler.

The Albion Rovers thing withered on the vine pretty early and had the arse well and truly kicked out of it, even the burger eating / cult bits seemed like they were there to kill 30 seconds as much as comic effect.

That aside though, it's still infinitely better than sportsound or commercial radio coverage of Scottish football.

I'd largely agree with that, though in the amount of time they spent on the Albion Rovers thing, they could have even done at least two other sliding doors kind of moments. It did start to get a lot more like the actual podcast with the in jokes and stuff and understandably a little less stiff.  I'd imagine they'd have had a lot of stuff from the first episode that they were able to lift from the pilot. Hopefully they haven't shot their load by the time the international break comes around.

I still enjoyed it and it's significantly better quality of lower league discussion than anywhere else, plus the stuff about Rachel Small and that Craig Robertson were really good.  All for finding out the more interesting personal stories  as long as  there's isn't an artsy video of  some lower league jobber punting herbalife or hair transplants in the works.

I enjoyed it, and certainly the best lower league coverage around. Get the podcast every week, I prefer the Thursday editions as it doesn’t focus on the Premier League as much as being a lower league fan I don’t really care too much about it.

Keep up the good work lads.

11 hours ago, Fuctifano said:

I do think it's good though an hour is too long and the number of "features" this week compared to last meant it seemed like there was a lot of filler.

The Albion Rovers thing withered on the vine pretty early and had the arse well and truly kicked out of it, even the burger eating / cult bits seemed like they were there to kill 30 seconds as much as comic effect.

That aside though, it's still infinitely better than sportsound or commercial radio coverage of Scottish football.

That's what I think. All the rest are rotten, so this seems good in comparison. I watched half and haven't got round to the rest and probably won't.

I doubt I'm their target audience though.

8 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

That's what I think. All the rest are rotten, so this seems good in comparison. I watched half and haven't got round to the rest and probably won't.

I doubt I'm their target audience though.

So you don't want the shite they peddle but you admit it's better than the shite everyone else peddles. What DO you want? 

If it's nothing then - forgive me - why are you here? 

1 minute ago, CountyFan said:

So you don't want the shite they peddle but you admit it's better than the shite everyone else peddles. What DO you want? 

If it's nothing then - forgive me - why are you here? 

Because the thread invites comment.

I generally watch live games and can take or leave the "chat" surrounding it. I watch Soccer am, to pass time on a Saturday morning and hear Off the Ball in the car.

Is that enough detail for you?

Just now, Sergeant Wilson said:

Because the thread invites comment.

I generally watch live games and can take or leave the "chat" surrounding it. I watch Soccer am, to pass time on a Saturday morning and hear Off the Ball in the car.

Is that enough detail for you?

Yes, thank you. I was just looking for confirmation that you were somewhat interested in Scottish football. 

Just now, CountyFan said:

Yes, thank you. I was just looking for confirmation that you were somewhat interested in Scottish football. 

I watch Junior football nearly every week. Gave up the seniors more than 10 years ago. Don't watch it on the telly either. I find I get my share of news and updates on here 

6 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

I watch Junior football nearly every week. Gave up the seniors more than 10 years ago. Don't watch it on the telly either. I find I get my share of news and updates on here 

Well now I feel like a penis. 

8 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Never realised you were ex Green Brigade

45 minutes ago, CountyFan said:

I'll drive home my advantage now by telling you that I get to a lot of English league and non league, usually if Im away with work. Just short of 200 grounds visited...oh a few abroad as well...couple of world cups, but mostly wee club teams when on holiday.

I'll drive home my advantage now by telling you that I get to a lot of English league and non league, usually if Im away with work. Just short of 200 grounds visited...oh a few abroad as well...couple of world cups, but mostly wee club teams when on holiday.
This is one of the few times I've seen Sarge rattled.
Get on the bru Sarge clearly been a long week

6 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

This is one of the few times I've seen Sarge rattled.
Get on the bru Sarge clearly been a long week

No, just a jape with a jab.

1 hour ago, CountyFan said:

I'm sure the Sergeant will oblige.

I had never heard that song sung at a Rangers match, but I'm sure there is a more well known song that they sing with gusto, could the beeb not have got them to sing that? 

get this merged with the other thread

Football chat was much better this week. The only thing that didn't land with me was the Duncan segment. It just felt really awkward.