• Announcements

• Div

Pie and Bovril Nostalgia Mobile Phone Cases!   12/09/18

We are delighted to have partnered up with Nostalgia Cases to offer a huge range of fantastic Scottish Football phone cases to our visitors. These high quality cases are available in a range of retro and up to date designs and there variations available for all Premiership, Championship and League 1 clubs as well as four of the League 2 teams. Within each club there are a range of choices. You'll find it difficult to choose! This is an Edinburgh based start-up, and they also provide a custom design service so if there is a kit you don't see that you'd love for your phone you can get in touch with them and they'll add it to their range. Naturally there is a HUGE support for all the major phone manufacturers and models and what's more delivery in the UK is completely FREE. What's even better is that Pie and Bovril users can get 10% off their order using the coupon code PIEANDBOV Take a look and browse the full range for your favourite club by clicking through to the website below. https://bit.ly/2M5laZs
NJ2

A View From The Terrace

I enjoyed it. We've needed something like this to dilute the "how can we fit Rangers or Celtic into a story?" coverage we get from the BBC, BT and Sky. The content was decent and I am looking forward to the other episodes. I would also be okay if they presented the live Championship games on a Friday night as it would at least be a bit more genuine.

Needs tweaking but it's good to see some coverage of the lower leagues.

50 minutes would be idea. You could split it 15 for the top flight, 10 for the Championship, 7 or 8 each for Leagues 1 and 2 and still have about 10 minutes for any interviews/features you'd want to run. Would make it a bit tighter and with less room for filler.

Think some of the criticism is over the top, we've all been bemoaning the lack of genuine coverage of all things Scottish football. 

One of the strengths for me is that they are all extremely well informed, unlike most other people paid to talk about scottish football. For my money theres definitely a market for this sort of thing and it was infinitely more watchable than anything sky have produced in 25 years of covering football. Well done and keep it up please. 

They got all the predictions wrong. But still a million times more accurate than the mainstream media.

I've not watched it yet. Can anyone tell me if they cover any lower league football?

I've not watched it yet. Can anyone tell me if they cover any lower league football?

They do

12 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

They got all the predictions wrong. But still a million times more accurate than the mainstream media.

No they didn't.

They picked Dumbarton v Arbroth as a potential coupon burster. I reckon that was spot on.

Craig Telfer is the presenter of the generation

First time watching this and the last few minutes devoted to Albion Rovers in some parallel universe is pure shite.

I had high hopes that this might be a Scottish version of Soccer AM covering all our leagues but it is utter pish.
Maybe I’m too old to appreciate the humour but it’s going off.

23 minutes ago, Jumbo Muir said:

I had high hopes that this might be a Scottish version of Soccer AM covering all our leagues but it is utter pish.
Maybe I’m too old to appreciate the humour but it’s going off.

A Scottish version of Soccer AM sounds worse than Aushwitz IMO. 

Too much of the Craig Telfer show tonight I reckon. Its still decent, but not as good as the first week.

I do think it's good though an hour is too long and the number of "features" this week compared to last meant it seemed like there was a lot of filler.

The Albion Rovers thing withered on the vine pretty early and had the arse well and truly kicked out of it, even the burger eating / cult bits seemed like they were there to kill 30 seconds as much as comic effect.

That aside though, it's still infinitely better than sportsound or commercial radio coverage of Scottish football.