A View From The Terrace

NJ2

Crispy pets on the light board, was that someone on here.
The lines of communication have been opened up between our new overlords at AVFTT and us, their unwavering acolytes.

We shall await their instructions and mobilise the P&B army when commanded via the cryptic messages on the light up board.

We will not rest until Craig Telfer is installed as the country's supreme commander, flanked by his lieutenants Fowler and McGuigan and ably assisted by Sked the dysfunctional android.

On 02/11/2019 at 20:58, Ingo ohne Flamingo said:

Is it me or does Joel look like a character from The Simpsons? 

Yes, he has the same build and features of Monty Burns, and sits in the same awkward way as him. It’s a great show though and I hope they are getting the viewing figures to keep it going.

Spoke to a few of my OF supporting pals about it and half of them like it the other half don’t, but the ones that don’t like are also the guys who have never been to Ibrox or Parkhead in their life but watch every game on BT sport and wear replica kits to the airport when they are going on holiday. 

17 hours ago, IrishBhoy said:

Yes, he has the same build and features of Monty Burns, and sits in the same awkward way as him. It’s a great show though and I hope they are getting the viewing figures to keep it going.

Spoke to a few of my OF supporting pals about it and half of them like it the other half don’t, but the ones that don’t like are also the guys who have never been to Ibrox or Parkhead in their life but watch every game on BT sport and wear replica kits to the airport when they are going on holiday. 

I've only watched it a few times but I've got to admit, it is a great show and well put together. The likes of Clyde don't get much air time but with this show more focused towards the non auld firm and lower leagues it's a great watch. 

On 06/11/2019 at 23:45, Ingo ohne Flamingo said:

I've only watched it a few times but I've got to admit, it is a great show and well put together. The likes of Clyde don't get much air time but with this show more focused towards the non auld firm and lower leagues it's a great watch. 

Did they not do a piece on Clyde V Airdrie last week when Clyde came from 2-0 down to draw 2-2? Two of the presenters are lower league fans and there is always plenty of discussion about League 1 and League 2, it’s the only part of Scottish football media that’s able to talk about these leagues with any sort of knowledge. 

They've cut back on the Duncan's and it seems like there are less films and features. Think they are still finding their finding feet on a week to week basis. Dont get me wrong its excellent and essential viewing although the song segment at the end has been pish so far. 

They've cut back on the Duncan's and it seems like there are less films and features. Think they are still finding their finding feet on a week to week basis. Dont get me wrong its excellent and essential viewing although the song segment at the end has been pish so far. 

Agree with all except the last point. Must be difficult coming up with ideas for segments though.
In case a supporting argument were needed to prove the song point wrong, see below;

As for the most recent one, okay song with a good message - just a pity it’s still a pertinent point in 2019.

Watched it on iPlayer and I thought this show was better the last two i’ve watched. I like watching it on iPlayer as you can see how good/bad the predictions have been.

I liked the segment on the Young Sons. 

Keep up the good work.

On 11/11/2019 at 11:50, NJ2 said:

Agree with all except the last point. Must be difficult coming up with ideas for segments though.
In case a supporting argument were needed to prove the song point wrong, see below;

As for the most recent one, okay song with a good message - just a pity it’s still a pertinent point in 2019.

That's the most partick thistle thing I have ever seen 😂😂

On 10/11/2019 at 23:53, pub car king said:

This is incorrect - there are two VTs and a "Last-Minute Winner" on the show every week.

Duncan and Duncan will be returning on tomorrow night's episode.

I've just caught the last half hour and that has to be my favourite end of show song so far.

Fair play to the guy, and I think he sums up the life of a diddy supporter brilliantly.

I also have to defend the wee videos as I think they're brilliant. The away games one got me thinking, and seeing genuine fans being genuine about their teams is very nice to see.

And the Duncans films are beautiful wee documentaries (the guy clearly has skill). It also gives an often overlooked behind the scenes insight into Scottish football. This week's wasn't the best but still a good segment.

On 14/11/2019 at 13:03, Francesc Fabregas said:

This is incorrect - there are two VTs and a "Last-Minute Winner" on the show every week.

Duncan and Duncan will be returning on tomorrow night's episode.

I like this approach of coming on to P&B to address concerns. Does it apply to all BBC shows? If so, I look forward to that little c**t Chick Young appearing. If not, next time you see him at Pacific Quay, tell him P&B think he's a c**t.

I like this approach of coming on to P&B to address concerns. Does it apply to all BBC shows? If so, I look forward to that little c**t Chick Young appearing. If not, next time you see him at Pacific Quay, tell him P&B think he's a c**t.
I think it's only right. We pay their wages etc etc.

Having said that, they could hire in a wardrobe department anytime now for me.

On 16/11/2019 at 22:57, Scary Bear said:

I thought last nights show was on an upwards trajectory again. The interview with Lewis Stevenson was a highlight.

I really enjoyed the chat around this whole segment and the Albion rovers songster gets praise from me for including the M8 and Airdrie in his lyrics. Good to see Shawn getting the Falkirk banker so wrong but it did lead to McKinnon sacking.