A View From The Terrace

NJ2

4 minutes ago, Fuctifano said:

I do think it's good though an hour is too long and the number of "features" this week compared to last meant it seemed like there was a lot of filler.

The Albion Rovers thing withered on the vine pretty early and had the arse well and truly kicked out of it, even the burger eating / cult bits seemed like they were there to kill 30 seconds as much as comic effect.

That aside though, it's still infinitely better than sportsound or commercial radio coverage of Scottish football.

I'd largely agree with that, though in the amount of time they spent on the Albion Rovers thing, they could have even done at least two other sliding doors kind of moments. It did start to get a lot more like the actual podcast with the in jokes and stuff and understandably a little less stiff.  I'd imagine they'd have had a lot of stuff from the first episode that they were able to lift from the pilot. Hopefully they haven't shot their load by the time the international break comes around.

I still enjoyed it and it's significantly better quality of lower league discussion than anywhere else, plus the stuff about Rachel Small and that Craig Robertson were really good.  All for finding out the more interesting personal stories  as long as  there's isn't an artsy video of  some lower league jobber punting herbalife or hair transplants in the works.

I enjoyed it, and certainly the best lower league coverage around. Get the podcast every week, I prefer the Thursday editions as it doesn’t focus on the Premier League as much as being a lower league fan I don’t really care too much about it.

Keep up the good work lads.

11 hours ago, Fuctifano said:

I do think it's good though an hour is too long and the number of "features" this week compared to last meant it seemed like there was a lot of filler.

The Albion Rovers thing withered on the vine pretty early and had the arse well and truly kicked out of it, even the burger eating / cult bits seemed like they were there to kill 30 seconds as much as comic effect.

That aside though, it's still infinitely better than sportsound or commercial radio coverage of Scottish football.

That's what I think. All the rest are rotten, so this seems good in comparison. I watched half and haven't got round to the rest and probably won't.

I doubt I'm their target audience though.

8 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

That's what I think. All the rest are rotten, so this seems good in comparison. I watched half and haven't got round to the rest and probably won't.

I doubt I'm their target audience though.

So you don't want the shite they peddle but you admit it's better than the shite everyone else peddles. What DO you want? 

If it's nothing then - forgive me - why are you here? 

1 minute ago, CountyFan said:

So you don't want the shite they peddle but you admit it's better than the shite everyone else peddles. What DO you want? 

If it's nothing then - forgive me - why are you here? 

Because the thread invites comment.

I generally watch live games and can take or leave the "chat" surrounding it. I watch Soccer am, to pass time on a Saturday morning and hear Off the Ball in the car.

Is that enough detail for you?

Just now, Sergeant Wilson said:

Because the thread invites comment.

I generally watch live games and can take or leave the "chat" surrounding it. I watch Soccer am, to pass time on a Saturday morning and hear Off the Ball in the car.

Is that enough detail for you?

Yes, thank you. I was just looking for confirmation that you were somewhat interested in Scottish football. 

Just now, CountyFan said:

Yes, thank you. I was just looking for confirmation that you were somewhat interested in Scottish football. 

I watch Junior football nearly every week. Gave up the seniors more than 10 years ago. Don't watch it on the telly either. I find I get my share of news and updates on here 

6 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

I watch Junior football nearly every week. Gave up the seniors more than 10 years ago. Don't watch it on the telly either. I find I get my share of news and updates on here 

Well now I feel like a penis. 

8 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Never realised you were ex Green Brigade

45 minutes ago, CountyFan said:

Well now I feel like a penis. 

I'll drive home my advantage now by telling you that I get to a lot of English league and non league, usually if Im away with work. Just short of 200 grounds visited...oh a few abroad as well...couple of world cups, but mostly wee club teams when on holiday.

Football chat was much better this week. The only thing that didn't land with me was the Duncan segment. It just felt really awkward.

^^^idiot found

In terms of television partnerships currently it goes:

The Two Duncan’s > Mortimer & Whitehouse > Everyone else

Their segment was laugh out loud funny, IMO. Big Dunc’s mix of awkwardness and childlike glee and cameraman Dunc’s deadpanning are hilarious.

Also thought that was the best episode so far. Guys seemed considerably more comfortable, and was great to see a feature on Sammy the Tammy. Pleasing that not only is the programme good quality, but is going from strength to strength as well.

Guest bernardblack
Football chat was much better this week. The only thing that didn't land with me was the Duncan segment. It just felt really awkward.

Agreed.