A View From The Terrace

NJ2

I enjoyed it. We've needed something like this to dilute the "how can we fit Rangers or Celtic into a story?" coverage we get from the BBC, BT and Sky. The content was decent and I am looking forward to the other episodes. I would also be okay if they presented the live Championship games on a Friday night as it would at least be a bit more genuine.

Needs tweaking but it's good to see some coverage of the lower leagues.

50 minutes would be idea. You could split it 15 for the top flight, 10 for the Championship, 7 or 8 each for Leagues 1 and 2 and still have about 10 minutes for any interviews/features you'd want to run. Would make it a bit tighter and with less room for filler.

Think some of the criticism is over the top, we've all been bemoaning the lack of genuine coverage of all things Scottish football. 

One of the strengths for me is that they are all extremely well informed, unlike most other people paid to talk about scottish football. For my money theres definitely a market for this sort of thing and it was infinitely more watchable than anything sky have produced in 25 years of covering football. Well done and keep it up please. 

12 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

They got all the predictions wrong. But still a million times more accurate than the mainstream media.

No they didn't.

They picked Dumbarton v Arbroth as a potential coupon burster. I reckon that was spot on.

23 minutes ago, Jumbo Muir said:

I had high hopes that this might be a Scottish version of Soccer AM covering all our leagues but it is utter pish.
Maybe I’m too old to appreciate the humour but it’s going off.

A Scottish version of Soccer AM sounds worse than Aushwitz IMO. 

I do think it's good though an hour is too long and the number of "features" this week compared to last meant it seemed like there was a lot of filler.

The Albion Rovers thing withered on the vine pretty early and had the arse well and truly kicked out of it, even the burger eating / cult bits seemed like they were there to kill 30 seconds as much as comic effect.

That aside though, it's still infinitely better than sportsound or commercial radio coverage of Scottish football.