SAFL

Chryston AFC

Don't even get me started on Tam Gilchrist and Kevin Nolan. Another two shockers who always seem to be sniffing about the big games. 

They’re definitely not shockers compared to what else is out there mate. I can’t comment on the boy O’Donnell because I haven’t seen him.

On 31/03/2019 at 05:12, NewBallsPlease said:

They’re definitely not shockers compared to what else is out there mate. I can’t comment on the boy O’Donnell because I haven’t seen him.

They are also very far from being the best which is the point I am making. 

They are also very far from being the best which is the point I am making. 

Who is then? I’ve said before on here that I watch the Central and Caley leagues most of all and not enough of the SAFL (hence not having seen Pat O’Donnell) but both Kevin Nolan and Tam Gilchrist are considered among the, if not the, best referees in those leagues, both have refereed the Scottish Cup Final in recent years and both been involved in the later stages in the regional cups, regularly.

In Kevin Nolan’s case he was a GGPL/SSMAFL referee when he was appointed to the Scottish Final and Tam Gilchrist has also done the Sunday Scottish. Between them they have the vote of the CSAFL, Caley, GGPL, SSMAFL, Scottish, West and East committees and whoever Gilchrist ‘represents’ in the Sunday game so they’re doing something right.

And for what it’s worth I will be very surprised if Pat O’Donnell doesn’t add a major Final to his appointments his season.

1 hour ago, NewBallsPlease said:

Who is then? I’ve said before on here that I watch the Central and Caley leagues most of all and not enough of the SAFL (hence not having seen Pat O’Donnell) but both Kevin Nolan and Tam Gilchrist are considered among the, if not the, best referees in those leagues, both have refereed the Scottish Cup Final in recent years and both been involved in the later stages in the regional cups, regularly.

In Kevin Nolan’s case he was a GGPL/SSMAFL referee when he was appointed to the Scottish Final and Tam Gilchrist has also done the Sunday Scottish. Between them they have the vote of the CSAFL, Caley, GGPL, SSMAFL, Scottish, West and East committees and whoever Gilchrist ‘represents’ in the Sunday game so they’re doing something right.

And for what it’s worth I will be very surprised if Pat O’Donnell doesn’t add a major Final to his appointments his season.

Like most things in Scottish football, it's less to do with ability and more to do with who yer pals are! (see Scottish national team management for a good example), so I've no doubt he will get one of the big games .... just to add I've no idea who his pals are, just saw him a few times and not been impressed with the way he talks to players and decisions made.

Anyway, my throw away comment has swayed the chat away from my original point of the league being a very good standard at the top end and couldn't be closer, with all the big teams still to play each other I believe.

St Joes won today to extend their lead at the top.

Alba could only manage at draw at home to Barrhead Arky.  

Oban and Goldenhill were playing League cup games.

Advantage St Joes but plenty of ties still to play.

Yea agreed on a good weekend for St Joes.

Think they've still all to play each other up the top so should be exciting!

Never managed to get to a game this weekend so can't comment on any of the games!

Archived