SAFL

Chryston AFC

IMG_4461.jpg

Big Friday night news from the SAFL. Gutted we’re losing a quality side from the Stirlingshire but all the best. Hopefully the stepping stone they’re needing to convince the other “top” leagues to allow them to go compete.

Best of luck lads but wishing you no success short term, see yous in a week. [emoji6]

From The Committee @ The Ton!

Dont think theres any doubt they would compete in the other top leagues.

Good quality side. Definetely a move forward for them , not sure what this means for the S&D league , good side after good side leaving every year.

IMG_4461.thumb.jpg.007857854abc05dd475d144fe1a65031.jpg

Big Friday night news from the SAFL. Gutted we’re losing a quality side from the Stirlingshire but all the best. Hopefully the stepping stone they’re needing to convince the other “top” leagues to allow them to go compete.

Best of luck lads but wishing you no success short term, see yous in a week. [emoji6]

From The Committee @ The Ton!

Thanks guys we are absolutely thrilled to be stepping on into the safl and can’t wait to get started. I am sure we will make many friends in the safl and with hard work and dedication we hope to have success also.

We wish you guys all the success next season in the s&d great club and management [emoji122]

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Mick Kennedy
37 minutes ago, RPHG said:

Took in this game today, good game, Alba deserved the win, possibly could’ve been a couple more.
Strange refereeing performance, seemed to want a fair bit of attention.

He’s one of the best refs in the country

Guest Mick Kennedy
8 hours ago, PiedPiper said:

Come on my man you cant take him to junior ffs just stick to your 90k budget u have and enjoy  

Haha I’m just my opinion and I don’t think I would be the only one that thinks that. And I don’t have a 90k budget mate, far from it 

Haha I’m just my opinion and I don’t think I would be the only one that thinks that. And I don’t have a 90k budget mate, far from it 

Just judging it on yesterday’s showing. Strange performance.

21 hours ago, NewBallsPlease said:

Patrick O’Donnell.

He's shocking, always has been. Somehow has built a reasonable reputation amongst the guys who assign referee's the big games. Quite a few guys like that yet a good few younger cracking refs get left behind and end up going junior. 

On ‎23‎/‎03‎/‎2019 at 21:20, RPHG said:

Took in this game today, good game, Alba deserved the win, possibly could’ve been a couple more.
Strange refereeing performance, seemed to want a fair bit of attention.

If it was Pat O'Donnell refereeing then I must say I've always been impressed with him.

All about opinions of course.

1 minute ago, List_of_Jericho said:

If it was Pat O'Donnell refereeing then I must say I've always been impressed with him.

All about opinions of course.

Yea it was and it is all about opinions. In my opinion on Saturday he was (and I've found this in the past also) making strange decisions that only he could explain, but he's too busy telling folk to shut up etc to explain anything.

Anyway, taking away from the fact Alba who were written off above won a good game between 2 teams in the latter stages of the majors to put themselves right in the thick of the title challenge. Exciting league this season, with 4 very good teams going for the title.

Just now, RPHG said:

Yea it was and it is all about opinions. In my opinion on Saturday he was (and I've found this in the past also) making strange decisions that only he could explain, but he's too busy telling folk to shut up etc to explain anything.

Anyway, taking away from the fact Alba who were written off above won a good game between 2 teams in the latter stages of the majors to put themselves right in the thick of the title challenge. Exciting league this season, with 4 very good teams going for the title.

Yes it will be an exciting end to the season. Plenty of big games. Looking at the fixtures grid I think I'd make St Joes slight favourites although all 4 will feel they are in with a shout.

Just seen I got a mention off the official Alba Thistle twitter account! :D:D:D People take things they read on here too seriously at times, they really do. It's mostly banter the majority of it!

I know you'll be looking in so congratulations on your title win lads...... :P

1 hour ago, ekfootball said:

He's shocking, always has been. Somehow has built a reasonable reputation amongst the guys who assign referee's the big games. Quite a few guys like that yet a good few younger cracking refs get left behind and end up going junior. 

Agreed.

Archived