41 minutes ago, accies1874 said:

I suppose now's as good a time as any to ask about something that consumed my mind throughout lockdown: why was it called To View from the Lockdown?

I can't remember who came up with it, but I assume it was a play on the title of a popular BBC Scotland football show (watch it this Friday night at 10:30pm), where we were recommending things to view (and listen to) during the lockdown.

2 hours ago, craigkillie said:

I can't remember who came up with it, but I assume it was a play on the title of a popular BBC Scotland football show (watch it this Friday night at 10:30pm), where we were recommending things to view (and listen to) during the lockdown.

Also now on the iPlayer for 30 days.

Appreciate everyone's comments, btw. It is plenty helpful to find out what folk like and don't like. Some stuff we can change, some we can't, but we'll keep them in mind.

I honestly just had it in my head that it was initially supposed to be called A/The View from the Lockdown and someone had made a mistake in the first week which you ran with. I feel stupid now.

4 hours ago, accies1874 said:
11 hours ago, craigkillie said:

I honestly just had it in my head that it was initially supposed to be called A/The View from the Lockdown and someone had made a mistake in the first week which you ran with. I feel stupid now.

This might be considered too close to the title of a popular BBC Scotland football show (watch it this Friday night at 10:30pm and now on the iPlayer for 30 days) for a completely unaffiliated podcast to use without getting into trouble.

Can only echo what a few others have said about the old firm segments being a bit bloated. I found the stuff about Ferguson particularly disappointing to listen to as some of the stuff being said about him being "desperate to go" and how "Rangers should break the bank to get him" seemed straight out of the Daily Record type gossip.

Having said that I'm also extremely appreciative of all the work the guys do and content they put out and I'm also a Patreon subscriber. I was working away for a large portion of the year earlier and just having a bunch of Scottish guys yapping about football was extremely therapeutic at times.

This is not a slight on Tony as I've never met the guy but his laugh always reminds me of the George Bush imitation on 2DTV. 

There was a lot of new energy in the podcast this week, and some of it was just so rainbow rhythms

And some of it was just so not rainbow rhythms.

That Stevie fella who supports Celtic annoys me as well. I like hearing from sensible OF fans (there used to be a nae bad Rangers fella who was pretty reasonable back in the day) but its pretty torturous listening to them try to talk about smaller teams when its obvious they hold such disdain for their players. The Ferguson chat was pretty rotten - if you dont think hes good enough for  your team, why on earth would you want Rangers to buy him?! 

Anyway, enough negativity about the only podcast worth listening to. Abdy else is smashing and the content has really helped these last few months. I like the new Monday format and Ive been enjoying the quarterly reports on the pat-re-on. 💛💛

Yay. 

Got carried away of the emotion of my thread making the century. Apologies.

Carry on.

Edited by paulbrucerick

54 minutes ago, The Real Saints said:

Even when it’s a St Johnstone cup final feature to end the show, I don’t get offered the Last Minute Winner. Devastated.

Where can one hear your tunes?

get them up

On 28/10/2020 at 08:52, accies1874 said:

This was what annoyed me,

GrahamNortonTony.jpg.e6e6971d9b963632f6ae2d58a9bb4fcc.jpg

On 28/10/2020 at 08:52, accies1874 said:

although I didn't highlight your brackets as I really like Tony.

EGMBAoDWkAAbrxX.jpg.a62ed9d5897a1473e229df444a804296.jpg