A View From The Terrace.

6 hours ago, Owsley said:

And he didn't even mention the disgrace that was Annan.

Which one,there has been a plethora of disasters in Annan lol.

Like the first one in The Scottish Cup,it should have been a P45 after the game ...it would have been at any decent club.

Stinker of a last-minute winner, don't mind The Banter Thiefs (despite their inability to pluralise) but that tune didn't do it for me. Rest of the show was good, Joel's point about Accies was very apt and as per the cutaway segments were good. Don't think Darvel are fooling anyone saying they're not paying their players more etc, my mate played for them for a couple of seasons and got edged out by the lower-league jobbers. They absolutely wouldn't be there if they were on the kind of wages you got at the likes of Craigmark or Lugar.

Up the 'Well we will shout
As the Gers and Celts we rout

haven’t seen it yet but can’t wait

'UP THE WELL' 

Motherwell Cup Final song outselling Rita Ora, Justin Timberlake and Zac Effron in UK iTunes charts

Edited by ropy

11 hours ago, kingjoey said:

As ever, a great show. I like all the guys on it and don’t care what they wear, how much it costs or what their hair looks like. They've all got a love and knowledge of Scottish football which is usually missing from other programmes about our sport. Keep it coming.

I watched this tonight and genuinely really enjoyed it. Is the albino actually 24 though or was that some sort of ‘in-joke’ that went over my head. He picked Spoony for his five a side team so I actually quite like him now. I’d take him out for a steak dinner.

Edited by Bonksy+HisChristianParade

4 minutes ago, Bonksy+HisChristianParade said:

I watched this tonight and genuinely really enjoyed it. Is the albino actually 24 though or was that some sort of ‘in-joke’ that went over my head. He picked Spoony for his five a side team so I actually quite like him now. I’d take him out for a steak dinner.

Same, really enjoyed this first couple of episodes this season. Probably more than any previous to be honest. Not that I didn’t enjoy it before but this season just seems better so far. Probably to be expected now the guys have a season or so under their belts.

Would still ditch the music bit at the end though but just my preference.

20 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Another decent one.

I still think it wouldn't suffer though, by being 15 minutes shorter.

If anything I think it could do with being 5-10 minutes longer. I'm probably in the minority there as someone who listens to the podcasts as well so enjoys them just having a back and forth when that won't necessarily translate to TV, but it would let the discussion sections flow more naturally if the points they're making could be aired in full or closer to it, rather than chunks of the discussion having to be edited out to cut the show down to the running time.

59 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

If anything I think it could do with being 5-10 minutes longer. I'm probably in the minority there as someone who listens to the podcasts as well so enjoys them just having a back and forth when that won't necessarily translate to TV, but it would let the discussion sections flow more naturally if the points they're making could be aired in full or closer to it, rather than chunks of the discussion having to be edited out to cut the show down to the running time.

Agree. Kind-of what I was getting at when I said I think they should drop the music bit at the end. Just think it’s a bit Soccer AM (long past it’s sell-by date) and haven’t heard one band or song I’ve liked yet. Would rather they sacked it and added that time to the football features or studio chat. Just my preference though and no objection to them ending on a song.

Darvel are fooling no one but it's hardly new in Ayrshire we had Hurlford do the exact same thing with Hamilton Tarmac for a good few seasons and Meadow tried throwing money about before that plus the lottery man at Largs. Hamilton Tarmac even started bankrolling Hurlford amateurs which is even worse.

Darvel are fooling no one but it's hardly new in Ayrshire we had Hurlford do the exact same thing with Hamilton Tarmac for a good few seasons and Meadow tried throwing money about before that plus the lottery man at Largs. Hamilton Tarmac even started bankrolling Hurlford amateurs which is even worse.

Minor point but the moneys been pumped into Hurlford Thistle not Hurlford Amateurs. Two different teams entirely.

Also to add Kilwinning Rangers were throwing the cash around at one point as well.

18 hours ago, Bonksy+HisChristianParade said:

He's just trying to be funny, I think he's about 34.

Minor point but the moneys been pumped into Hurlford Thistle not Hurlford Amateurs. Two different teams entirely.

Also to add Kilwinning Rangers were throwing the cash around at one point as well.

To be fair both Hurlfords were getting money pumped into them. The amateurs didn’t even try to disguise the fact in recent years that they were being paid.

Edit: ignore me, just re - read your post properly!