A View From The Terrace.

Just caught up with first episode there - very impressed. Really does put the media “professionals” to shame. Never listened to podcast but will def watch the remaining episodes.

Addition of some lower league footage would be great

On 3/3/2019 at 11:21, The_Judge said:

I listened to a Terrace podcast last year and didn't enjoy it.  A the time It felt like listening to a bunch of guys in a pub who's opinion was no better informed than guys you work with.  For added annoyance it had that 'Chris Evans' trope of a group of people continually laughing like f**k at things that weren't' funny in order to generate an atmosphere.

I think the vast majority of them do know their stuff, but they can occasionally let themselves down by overdoing the giggling.   Maybe that's just me being a grumpy old fker, and conscious these are mainly younger lads than me - and at times the patter is laughable stuff, but sometimes it gets a tad OTT, and I've switched off a couple of times.

I told my other half that I was basically seeing these 'voices that I hear in my motor' for the first time - and she commented that the host Telfer was 'quite fit'......

Edited by tarapoa

On 3/2/2019 at 00:03, Pie Of The Month said:

I thought it was a bit shite and cringy. It was basically Scotsport Extra with a few hipster c***s with beards.

It was better than that tbf. 

Thought the two guys who were sitting in the middle were the best with the two blokes on the outside not seeming as natural for the camera, the one on the left with the white Adidas trainers seemed to be laughing even if nothing remotely funny was being said, something that might not come across in the podcasts but didn't come across great on tv, it's got potential though. Some match footage would be good but not sure if licensing laws would allow it? 

The good looking bloke with the funky shirt had real charisma and I'd genuinely rather have him anchoring the 1st division games than Thompson, what teams do the four blokes support? 

48 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

The good looking bloke with the funky shirt had real charisma and I'd genuinely rather have him anchoring the 1st division games than Thompson, what teams do the four blokes support? 

It is absolutely incredible they have now got Thompson and Scott McDonald fronting some of their coverage. They are absolutely dreadful in those roles.

It was better than that tbf. 
Thought the two guys who were sitting in the middle were the best with the two blokes on the outside not seeming as natural for the camera, the one on the left with the white Adidas trainers seemed to be laughing even if nothing remotely funny was being said, something that might not come across in the podcasts but didn't come across great on tv, it's got potential though. Some match footage would be good but not sure if licensing laws would allow it? 

Hearts - Raith Rovers - Stenhousemuir - Hearts

Although the two jambos are journalists and are generally pretty objective.

6 minutes ago, RussellAnderson said:

Hearts - Raith Rovers - Stenhousemuir - Hearts

Although the two jambos are journalists and are generally pretty objective.

And seem to be quite often accused of being Hibs fans by fellow Hearts fans. :lol:

For a first episode it was a tremendous effort.  There was obviously going to be some nerves etc and Joel was exactly as awkward as I expected him to be.  Great coverage of all the leagues basically.  A refreshing change and something to look forward to watching on a Friday night. Just devastated that they did such a great montage at Central Park of a match we lost!

For those who don't follow the pod they do a review of the funniest moments of the season once every 3 months roughly.  I'd love for one of the tv episodes to be similar with the clips/tweets/articles shown.

Loved the light up letters  sign changing in the background throughout. They also need to show off their wallpaper more clearly!

1 hour ago, Jamie_Beatson said:

It is absolutely incredible they have now got Thompson and Scott McDonald fronting some of their coverage. They are absolutely dreadful in those roles.

Watching them present the Morton - Falkirk game was quite something. McDonald had the look of a rabbit caught in headlights when he had to do his bits directly down the camera. What I'm saying here is appoint CGT as lead anchor on these live games. 

I thought the whole show was great. 'Put a Shift In' had some full on belly laughs out of me and I really hope they lean in to the difference in footballing interest between the cameraman and Duncan McKay. Obviously some of the studio based stuff had a bit of nerves to it but I'd imagine over the next 9 weeks it'll evolve slightly as they grow a bit more comfortable in their roles. 

Also Cowdenbeath - Alloa was a beautiful montage. Central Park is one of several lower league Scottish stadiums that we must protect at all costs.

On 03/03/2019 at 10:28, Green Day said:

Dont listen to that bitter Hibby above - twat.

Montylaugh.png.475fdc10ef36a7467503111267057f4c.png

I watched it yesterday - actually really enjoyed it, so if any of the presenters are on here, well done lads. Cerainly a refreshing change from the crud churned out by the Sportscene mob.

Despite the Jambo overload (Borthwick as well !!) I thought it was actually better than the podcast.

Gid stuff............unlike Hibs v Celtc last night

Oh, forgot to mention - good music by Young Fathers in between the segments

3 hours ago, Crawford Bridge said:

I don't find Craig Fowler objective in the slightest. He's a shite journalist.

I like the rest of them.

That's the one who I found to be awkward apparently. 

Later on in the episode his "banker" is for Queen of the South not to lose, going by our pre march thread no QoTS fans were that confident and they promptly got beat 1-0, they're now on a 6 game losing streak, I might be inclined to agree. 

7 hours ago, Jamie_Beatson said:

A jobs for the boys appointment if there ever was one.  BBC Scotland seem to be trying to be new and innovative.  It'd be great if they'd given the chance to someone new coming through and giving them their big break.  Thompson and McDonald might be good pundits and good players, but it doesn't make them qualified to be TV presenters.

I was a bit sceptical of the transition to TV - I thought it was going to be in front of a live audience which sounded pretty awful - but it was a fairly solid debut.

Highlights:

• I don't know what I thought CGT looked like but that wasn't it. Only narrowly beaten in the Shagger category by SOD. 
  • Tony Watt suggesting he could join Jamie Genevieve's 'community' was very funny.
  • Looking forward to Joel Sked singing Sunshine on Leith on this week's show after boldly claiming a Hearts victory at Firhill.

After witnessing the horror show that was Steven Thompson anchoring the coverage from Firhill on Monday, CGT would actually be a fine choice to present the lower league games covered by the BBC.