A View From The Terrace.

17 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

McGuigan playing to form again this week:

Banker: "Airdrie don't give a lot away... I expect Airdrie to sneak this one". 

Result: Airdrie sneak a last minute equaliser (2-2)

Bust: 

"Montrose just don't score goals... Whatever happens in this game, I don't think there'll be a lot of goals involved". 

Result: Montrose 4-3 Peterhead (highest scoring game in the land) 

Not sure why you’re having a go at him for what he said about Montrose. Before yesterday they had scored five goals in seven league matches. He was spot on, and no one could have foreseen them putting four past Peterhead.

Kicking about in Italy just now, so haven't got round to watching the first episode of the new series. Fair looking forward to it, mind. ( I'll be 60 later this year and can't get what andrewh is on about. Last season's stuff was a much needed breath of fresh air. )
Read some comments above about Si Ferry. Having listened to most of the Open Goal podcasts, I'd say he's the natural heir to Tam Cowan for Off the Ball. This is not a compliment.

24 minutes ago, Rugster said:

Do you just whine about absolutely everything?

15 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

It’s hardly whining I thought it would be easier. The whining seems to be coming from others, I’m asking about moving a thread it’s hardly important.

Falkirk and Dunfermline fans just can't resist having a dig at each other can they?

Alternatively, people could accept that a thread for a programme about Scottish football is relevant to a football forum and stop asking for it to be moved to a forum which far fewer people will read.

I disagree. The show’s pretty popular now so folk will find the thread regardless of what forum it’s in. I completely agree that the threads should be merged to one, but I don’t give a monkeys whether it’s in the football or tv forum.

On 29/09/2019 at 00:33, Hedgecutter said:

McGuigan playing to form again this week:

Banker: "Airdrie don't give a lot away... I expect Airdrie to sneak this one". 

Result: Airdrie sneak a last minute equaliser (2-2)

Bust: 

"Montrose just don't score goals... Whatever happens in this game, I don't think there'll be a lot of goals involved". 

Result: Montrose 4-3 Peterhead (highest scoring game in the land) 

It's now at the point where I reckon he's paying teams to chuck stuff, a carry on that's got incredibly out of hand.

Solid return for the Terrace boys. 

To hark back to the chat about Open Goal, etc, finding Paul Slane entertaining is usually the calling card of the moron but I heard a clip the other day where he was talking about getting roasted when he first came through, mainly for his complexion - one of the names he was called was "Robert the Bruce's da" which is frankly absolutely top notch banter.

Big fan of both this and Open Goal, listened to the Terrace podcast for years too. Tbf to the Open Goal lads they're well aware of their standing and do regularly joke on the podcast about how clueless they are when it comes to analysis and how many facts they get wrong. It's generally dressing room banter type stuff which is what it's meant to be. 

Think quite a lot of folk look down on Si Ferry for the 'wit were the nights oot like' type chat but most of his interviews are good to watch and having heard him as a guest on a few other podcasts there's a bit more to him than that stuff. I find he gets much more out of players than a lot of journalists would for obvious reasons, case in point being Andy Robertson who's as dull as dishwater in normal interviews yet was relaxed and told a few interesting stories on Open Goal. 

Find a few parts of AVFTT a bit jarring but overall it's great and is definitely worth it's place, especially considering none of them had done TV before.

Edited by Fratelli