A View From The Terrace.

Aw yeah forgot Watt to watch is pish as well.

To improve the show next season:- Abandon Watt to watch.

Never do anything like project unicorn again.

Less Joel, More Shaughan

More things like the behind the scenes at in Airdrie’s dressing room etc.

A return of the 2 Duncan’s.

IMO

Apologies if this has been mentioned before but the latest episode of the Lower League Ramblings podcast has Craig G Telfer on it talking about A View From The Terrace.

3 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Feel like you maybe don't understand the personalities of them very well. I'm biased listened to podcasts for years but when you get to know them understand the banter a lot more. All good guys and a lot of it is just a piss take and exaggerated

It's a TV show that isn't difficult to understand. Feels like if anyone does offer any criticism of it people get really defensive. I'm sure they all are good guys but it was forced "banter" that was really cringeworthy and reminded me of the worst of Lovejoy era soccer AM and top gear. If they were ex pros coming out with the same stuff they'd get rightly slagged. 

Definitely better than the dribblers on sportsound but not saying much. As I said the Arbroath segment and eriskay one were lovely. 

There are definenty things they can tighten- Watt to Watch is shite, but the two Duncans and the filming of lower league teams of game day must stay, they're fantastic.

8 hours ago, JMDP said:

I will most likely get slated for this, but just watched last night's episode (first full episode) and thought it was really poor. In comparison to the shit coverage we normally get of Scottish football it might look decent but I was totally underwhelmed. 

I absolutely loved the Arbroath film I saw before, the title music is immense and liked a couple of other things I saw so really disappointed.

Thought the main presenters deliberate, stilted delivery is really awkward and amateur. The "banter" is cringeworthy, try hard and reminiscent of top gear "hahaha he just hit the boyata index board over. BANTER!" with over the top laughing. Felt totally self-indulgent, like the worst of soccer AM.  Didn't think the chat was that insightful either (the rangers in league 2 part for example). The Two Duncan's part was pointless, Watt to Watch dreadful and the project unicorn thing is possibly the worst thing I've ever seen on TV. Even worse than Jermaine Jenas. 

On a positive, it IS good to hear the lower leagues discussed. Maybe it will improve next season but at the moment it felt like a self-congatulatory student project that would be roundly slated on here if the produced by the morons at the record or whatever. 

The only point that I agree with you on is Watt To Watch, which, for me, has been awful from the first episode. Everything else on the show is brilliant, including all of the presenters. Self indulgent, really? Not for me. All seem really good guys and I’d be happy to spend time in their company. I loved the Project Unicorn two parter and had a tear in my eye when we won the World Cup.The Rangers in the bottom division was simply superb and I remember quite clearly watching that first league match against Peterhead in the Pittodrie Bar and laughing our socks off. Second series thoroughly deserved.

Guest bernardblack

The two Duncan’s are sublime. The “camera man Duncan” eating his pie, with his back to the game was a lovely touch

I think AVFTT is fantastic, it’s definitely my tv highlight of the week and I’m looking forward to it’s return for the start of next season.

For people who have never presented on tv before I think they are doing a brilliant job, (especially Joel, who whenever he opens his mouth is like watching a dog run out onto a motorway, there’s a strong chance it will end in a terrible mess but it’s compelling viewing).

I agree with others about the features, two Duncan’s are great, hopefully they continue with more of the behind the scenes stuff and maybe some more interviews on the couch (Cammy Keith was interesting to listen to). Not fond of the Project Unicorn stuff but I appreciate them trying different things and trying to get a grip on what works and what doesn’t.

Keep it going guys, well done.

4 minutes ago, LiviLion said:

Is this back for the Betfred Cup or is it when the league games start?

Already desperate to know when I get a new episode.

first episode of season 2 is at the end of September apparently.

4 minutes ago, LiviLion said:

Is this back for the Betfred Cup or is it when the league games start?

Already desperate to know when I get a new episode.

first episode of season 2 is at the end of September apparently.

Very happy it’s coming back for season 2. I wouldn’t have minded a one off pre-season episode looking at predictions and review of summer transfers etc.

Some of the features e.g Arbroath and the Airdrie feature we’re excellent and I would love to see more of that type, especially at part time clubs. Also the 2 Duncan features are great and hopefully more of these to come.

Overall, it’s a very enjoyable programme that gives much needed air time to the lower leagues of Scottish football with guys who have a genuine interest and knowledge of the game, unlike the likes of Paddy Bonner and Willie Miller!

9 hours ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

Jesus f**k.  I've got no issue with people criticising a TV show, I was laughing at how very on brand it was for you to get pedantic over a completely pointless mistake. I'd have said the same thing if it was Packie Bonner or Hugh Keevins you were calling out.

And yet you never have, when I have.

Gonna have to go against the grain and say that I thought the project unicorn bit was superb.

The dead-serious style of parody was very funny, and the message at the end was actually quite profound.

Gonna have to go against the grain and say that I thought the project unicorn bit was superb.
The dead-serious style of parody was very funny, and the message at the end was actually quite profound.

So did I, I really enjoyed that part.

7 minutes ago, Francesc Fabregas said:

A new TV show about Scottish football is unlikely to please everyone, and I can accept some of the criticism in this thread and on social media, but if you think Duncan McKay's trip to Stirling Albion to work as their groundsman for the day was "pointless" then A View from the Terrace isn't for you and you should probably watch something else.

I was the person who said it was pointless - not really sure you can accept criticism tbh. A disappointing reaction from someone involved in the show and smacks of knowing better and the self satisfied image I alluded to. It added nothing to the understanding of his work, was a few minutes of utter beige. A Random Guy of a feature. As a Stirling fan, it was disappointing. 

As said before, seems like the show exists in a vacuum and is very self indulgent. Some beautiful short films (the Arbroath one is genuinely the best Scottish football thing I've seen in a long time) but utter cringe studio interaction.

Think I've maybe been spoilt with high quality coverage of other legues now I don't live in Scotland but honestly think Scottish football deserves better than top gear style guffawing BANTER in the studio (the "f**k off" line in the last episode was as forced top gear style as it gets). Very "zany" student project/Soccer AM like.

Good luck with Series 2 though, I hope it improves and succeeds.

3 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Watts off to Bulgaria so his segment wont be there next season, I'd have thought.

2nd season will be an improvement already then...

Thoroughly enjoyed AVFTT, refreshing insight from fans point of view. Most of the segments are top notch as well, from the Duncan/Duncan, the magnificent Eriskey film and the kids fix Scottish football.

Even though the Project Uniform bit didn’t really work for me i’m happy to see them try different things out instead of going down the route of the usual puddle drinking Old Firm pandering shows.