A View From The Terrace.

10 hours ago, well fan for life said:

I'm a big fan of punditry that doesn't involve Pat Bonner saying "Celtic are good at football" every week. 

And describing every opposition player as yer man there or thingmy

These four guys have completely shown up the ineptitude of the majority of Scottish pundits.

2 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Ah, no hint of criticism of any aspect is ever to be tolerated, because overall it's pretty good?

Got you.

Aye. Laughing at you getting worked up about someone getting Falkirk's away attendances wrong is actually me trying to shut down any criticism of a TV programme I quite like.

Good news that it will continue as it's an enjoyable watch but it's flabby.  You're stretching 30 minutes of good material over an hour's programme  and it has me scrolling through some of the more tedious/predictable parts.  I doubt I'm alone.

Were I the collective 'you' I'd be pitching for 2 programmes a week of 30 minutes rather than one hour long programme.  That would keep you fresh and current and avoid some of the awkward fillers that I've seen.

6 hours ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

Aye. Laughing at you getting worked up about someone getting Falkirk's away attendances wrong is actually me trying to shut down any criticism of a TV programme I quite like.

Well you obviously think pointing out the error wasn't valid.

Of course it's no big deal, but it's not really one either, when lots of people point to similar inaccuracies on the Journalism, Sportsound, Sportscene or OTB threads.

Because you like this programme - as do I - you object to anybody highlighting any weakness.  It's rather juvenile.  It's more of that 'all or nothing' thing that we get a lot of on here.  Things can apparently only be absolutely wonderful or dreadful.  As I said, juvenile.

20 hours ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

Tbh I'm amazed they didn't get taken off air immediately when Telfer massively underestimated the size of Falkirk's away attendances.  Disgrace that they're being allowed to propagate lies for another season.

FTFY

9 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Well you obviously think pointing out the error wasn't valid.

Of course it's no big deal, but it's not really one either, when lots of people point to similar inaccuracies on the Journalism, Sportsound, Sportscene or OTB threads.

Because you like this programme - as do I - you object to anybody highlighting any weakness.  It's rather juvenile.  It's more of that 'all or nothing' thing that we get a lot of on here.  Things can apparently only be absolutely wonderful or dreadful.  As I said, juvenile.

:lol:

I'm not some sort of Terrace superfan. I've very very slightly had a go at you for getting overly worked up over a relatively unimportant detail, and you've invented a totally different scenario where I run about shutting down any criticism of a TV programme I have literally zero investment in. 

1 hour ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

:lol:

I'm not some sort of Terrace superfan. I've very very slightly had a go at you for getting overly worked up over a relatively unimportant detail, and you've invented a totally different scenario where I run about shutting down any criticism of a TV programme I have literally zero investment in. 

Mentioning = getting overly worked up.

Utterly juvenile.

In fairness to [mention=21987]Monkey Tennis[/mention] (which I never am,) it is poor getting something like that wrong, and if it was a traditional BBC show it would be commented on.  
Apart from that, the show is a breath of fresh air. Must admit to even liking the Qatar segment when I watched it this morning. Great stuff. 
The story was basically about the fact that a big travelling support had gone to Dumfries midweek. That the number was wrong (not by a significant margin) really doesnt affect what the entire point being made was.

I believe BBC reported it as over 1000, which Telfer then mentioned on the show.

An utterly bizarre thing for MT to twist his knickers about. But then, since MT cant be trusted to speak in a balanced manner where Falkirk are concerned it should come as no surprise.

3 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

The story was basically about the fact that a big travelling support had gone to Dumfries midweek. That the number was wrong (not by a significant margin) really doesnt affect what the entire point being made was.

I believe BBC reported it as over 1000, which Telfer then mentioned on the show.

An utterly bizarre thing for MT to twist his knickers about. But then, since MT cant be trusted to speak in a balanced manner where Falkirk are concerned it should come as no surprise.

This is just weird.

I made one post on it a while ago.  What I said was accurate.

Since then, a few posters have had a go at me for it, variously suggesting I've got worked up, or twisted my knickers.  Seriously, get a grip of yourselves.

This is a good programme that marks a welcome departure.  The idea that it's therefore above reproach however, is faintly ridiculous.

Kevin Kyle having a bit of a go at the show on twitter. Ridiculous when you consider he's only become a bit of a podcast cult hero within the brain dead society because he's got a funny accent.