A View From The Terrace.

Talk of a phoenix Third Lanark returning to senior football usually surfaces every two years or so but never comes to anything & hasn't been mentioned despite the inception of the WOSL offering a path to senior fitba.

Can't ever see it happening as anyone who was a Thirds fan is either dead or has adopted another team. They'd be competing for fans with a Queens Park charging up the leagues, one of non-leagues biggest clubs in Pollok & a Rutherglen Glencairn holding their own at tier 6.

Also iirc the primary tenancy at Cathkin is held by the Jinky Johnstone Academy.

Ray Bradshaw is like the guy you meet outside a pub somewhere in the West End, and you have the best 10 minute conversation about football you’ve ever had. But you know it can never go any further because he goes back inside to sit with his University educated friends, drinking some fancy craft lager no doubt, and you are unable to re-enter the premises because the barmaid has accused you and your friends of taking cocaine in the toilets. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Enjoyed the latest series, and still very much tune in to the podcasts each week.

It's a good insight, and sometimes a reminder that I'm a lot older than I used to be.

This week the presenter was discussing the half-time offering from St Mirren TV on Saturday and thought the person being interviewed was Campbell Ogilvie (it was Campbell Money).

Scotch Pies were discussed and written off as "disgusting".

In terms of nutritional value and actual content they probably are - but 90% of people my age that would go to fitba, probably enjoy a Scotch Pie (whether they buy one at the game or not). It almost sounds like maybe sushi would be a better matchday offering for this generation.

.......and all these manscaping adverts.  The amount of different products offered all aimed at less hirsute genitalia. 

Metrosexual but entertaining stuff..........and hopefully they play back the snide words of the guy Borthwick when Glass' AFC go storming past Hearts in the table in the weeks to come.

3 hours ago, tarapoa said:

Enjoyed the latest series, and still very much tune in to the podcasts each week.

It's a good insight, and sometimes a reminder that I'm a lot older than I used to be.

This week the presenter was discussing the half-time offering from St Mirren TV on Saturday and thought the person being interviewed was Campbell Ogilvie (it was Campbell Money).

Scotch Pies were discussed and written off as "disgusting".

In terms of nutritional value and actual content they probably are - but 90% of people my age that would go to fitba, probably enjoy a Scotch Pie (whether they buy one at the game or not). It almost sounds like maybe sushi would be a better matchday offering for this generation.

.......and all these manscaping adverts.  The amount of different products offered all aimed at less hirsute genitalia. 

Metrosexual but entertaining stuff..........and hopefully they play back the snide words of the guy Borthwick when Glass' AFC go storming past Hearts in the table in the weeks to come.

Tbh 90% of the YouTube Channels I sub to do ads for Manscaping. Pretty well known company.

Steak and Gravy Pie >>> Scotch

• 10 months later...

I understand A View from the Terrace has its own sub-forum within Pie and Bovril but it's a little out of the way, so I thought I'd bump this thread to encourage as many people to watch tonight's show as possible. It's on at 10:30pm on the BBC Scotland channel and it's going to be a lot of fun.

I hope to see as many of you there as possible. 

This is a polite reminder that A View from the Terrace is back on your screens tonight @ 10:30pm on the BBC Scotland channel.

Apparently this evening's episode has "bold, strident opinions" and "something that almost resembles a half-decent joke", so please tune in!