A View From The Terrace.

18 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Proving my point that one versed in the lower leagues would know.

Well no, I have never actually seen Morton play at Links' Park, but did go up to take in Montrose's play-off victory against Brora to stay in the national leagues as a neutral. 

At no point was a round bus journey to some bumpkin hamlet preferred, just because 'thur's a hedge in the ground!!!'

Thanks for playing anyway.A82C2CD1-48C9-41B5-9D28-A9E9CE8E0FD2.jpeg.d3be676db1ccf3317445a35c285ddeed.jpeg

Really enjoyed the Clydebank feature. A nice wee trip down memory lane seeing a snippet of the Clydebank v Falkirk game from ‘94 when Falkirk held onto a 1-1 draw, won the league and got promoted in a game which I attended with my Papa, Uncle and wee brother. Always remember it being an absolute scorcher of a day, superstar left back Jamie McGowan absolutely bossing an ageing Davie Cooper and the pitch invasion at the final whistle.

11 minutes ago, virginton said:

Well no, I have never actually seen Morton play at Links' Park, but did go up to take in Montrose's play-off victory against Brora to stay in the national leagues as a neutral. 

At no point was a round bus journey to some bumpkin hamlet preferred, just because 'thur's a hedge in the ground!!!'

Thanks for playing anyway.A82C2CD1-48C9-41B5-9D28-A9E9CE8E0FD2.jpeg.d3be676db1ccf3317445a35c285ddeed.jpeg

rothmans8788.png

8 minutes ago, virginton said:

FFS, you really are a fanny VT.  It's getting to the point where your posts are a cut and paste job with the salient points changed?

There's far more to Glebe Park than The Hedge, it does add to the experience though and Links does not require the apostrophe, shameful stuff.

Forfar is 3/4 on the Angus away day ranking, despite Station Park itself being an excellent ground.

Brechin is only a top category away game for the sort of sad anoraks who just lollop off and onto the official supporters' bus every fortnight and look forward to the soup options at half time. 

Punt them out of the national league and elevate Wick Academy or Scourie in their place.

Edited by vikingTON

Very good.

Usual schoolboy insults and bluster, at least it didn't start with "Well no".
It really doesn't matter where Brechin or Forfar come in your rankings, the four Angus grounds are frequently quoted as the better stadia to visit in the country some prefer one over the others but all great places to go.

I will say this about Brechin, I cannot think of a more intimidating ground for the third official than Glebe Park. A lowere level official, with no segregation, in actual touching distance of the crowd (you can actually hear his discussions with the ref) and being at a distinct height disadvantage it must be one of the worst places for a lino' to officiate at.
The slope itself is surely worthy of mention too as is the far away end which isn't too unlike Gayfield. There's also the fact it can be a quagmire at times which can make it a bizarre spectacle at times.

But don't let this get in the way of having a pop for the sake of having a pop.

9 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

Thank f**k for A View From the Terrace.

Watching this on a Saturday morning is one of the few pleasures in my dreadful locked down life.

Aye likewise, always watch it on the Saturday morning. Massive credit to Studio Something, who I assume make all the features. The chat is always pretty good fun but they take the show up a level.

My gf likes football but hasn't been in Scotland for long and says she feels watching the features give her an idea of what being a Scottish football fan is like which is a pretty ringing endorsement. 

Well done on getting the phrase "cumdog millionaires" past the BBC censors about Dundee FC. Is that what happened to the £15m, no 12m, no 10, no 8, no 5, no oops we're in admin that was due any day now during the Di Stefano era?

1 hour ago, Alan_G said:

Well done on getting the phrase "cumdog millionaires" past the BBC censors about Dundee FC. Is that what happened to the £15m, no 12m, no 10, no 8, no 5, no oops we're in admin that was due any day now during the Di Stefano era?

Read this 3 times now and I am still none the wiser.

10 hours ago, Loonytoons said:

FFS, you really are a fanny VT.  It's getting to the point where your posts are a cut and paste job with the salient points changed?

There's far more to Glebe Park than The Hedge, it does add to the experience though and Links does not require the apostrophe, shameful stuff.

The ignore function , which I employed a while back, is a very handy solution to this particular problem. 😉

Good to see from the quotes that Brechin still have him absolutely riled.  Brechin to VT is like Meghan Markle to Piers Morgan.

4 hours ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

42C46123-FB13-4B94-85C0-167BCD9A2612.jpeg

I had the pleasure of attending Glebe Park when The Brechin Posties were match sponsors. I joined them after the game. That photo couldn't be further removed. You'd have thought a bomb had gone off, utter carnage.

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

My works PC doesnt allow twitter, and when it embeds tweeds, it doesnt have any pictures. With that in mind, can you confirm the unlucky goblin is Willo Flood? 

Nope. Gary Mackay-Steven, I think.

EwTdvQqWEAwwdNZ.jpeg.c85b5e081bb6a6d10f165ffdd5df1cfb.jpeg

11 hours ago, Scary Bear said:

Thank f**k for A View From the Terrace.

Watching this on a Saturday morning is one of the few pleasures in my dreadful locked down life.

Like you I tend to watch it then as well. It became my Saturday fix especially when there were no L1 streamed games. Enjoyed most of last night, even the salad chat, but it was never a penalty at Arbroath and the Ref must also have been blocked  by that punter. The Clydebank section did show how much a club can mean to fans and I suspect I might be a bit uncomfortable over the events to be seen in Chapter 2, even if Hall and the Steadmans were the villains this week.