A View From The Terrace.

7 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

There was a game vs Celtic at Ibrox, either last season or the season before that I caught the start of on radio, and it was very loudly and very clearly sung with the 'add ons', by what sounded like the entire home support. 

G51 is correct that the song cuts off at a certain point, but the fans certainly didn't.

The add-ons come before the chorus.

To be clear, Rangers and the supporters still have much work to do to cut out sectarianism, and it is work we will continue to undertake. STB add-ons haven’t been sung for a *long* time though.

Anyway, this isn’t the thread for that. I don’t wish to detract from laughing at Mr Fowler’s preposterous argument for Ryan Porteous’s heart in the Frankenballer.

Edited by G51

8 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

Yes. Dirge paint by numbers indy rock. The Foo Fighters are an appalling band.

Everlong was a banger but quickly descended from there.

He's a good musician as evidenced by stuff he has done with QOTSA or Them Crooked Vultures but his own output is reekin 

We shall agree to disagree from this point on although I do agree that TCV & Grohl influenced ( and in general) QOTSA are excellent. Bit plodding recently but Foo Fighters are one of the best bands I have ever seen live & songs like Learning to Fly, Walk, Big Me & The Pretender are right up there among the best.

8 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Me just sitting here and letting you batter my head with a selection of gardening tools for 45 minutes would be a more positive experience than listening to a FF album.

It can be arranged.

I am definitely pro-fence! @McGuigan1978

I can remember the late 90's I would have been in my late teens, Dundee got a late winner/equaliser at Pittodrie. I climbed the fence, hanging over the top, giving it big licks to the clearly pissed off Dons fans, when I felt 2 arms pulling me down on to the deck, a Bobby standing over me just said "You're lucky it's the last minute or you'd be oot!"

Good times!

The fence at Somerset needs a mention.

The old cage at East End was class. It's now just a gate, and had a few away fans tell me that they'd be wanting for me outside after the game to fight me over a game of football. Guess which of two teams almost every single one of them were a fan of..

5 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

There was a game vs Celtic at Ibrox, either last season or the season before that I caught the start of on radio, and it was very loudly and very clearly sung with the 'add ons', by what sounded like the entire home support. 

G51 is correct that the song cuts off at a certain point, but the fans certainly didn't.

I think you must have dreamt this, as Rangers fans haven’t sung that since the very specific time of 2011. Obviously the people who hear these unsavoury songs while standing in the stadium, on the television or through the radio are mistaken, because as everyone knows ‘as part of Rangers commitment to eradicating sectarianism’ the stadium announcer cuts the song off early, which makes it impossible for the Rangers fans to continue singing along.

Real credit must go to Rangers as a club, they can’t do much more than that in their quest to eradicate sectarianism from Ibrox. 

McPake using AVFTT in his pre match talks. Superb management. Probably put a bet on Bank or Bust....

10 hours ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Meant to say, listened to the Studs Up podcast feat. Charlie Adam earlier today. Couple of interesting stories, was talking about a Midfielder's meeting recently where he was impressed with the younger players' mindsets and ability to give their opinion.

Also said that McPake asked for a few clips from the section from A View From The Terrace where they were slagging off Dundee and saying we're more likely going down, and showed it to the team prior to the Arbroath game at Dens. Cites that as a big factor in the mentality change that set us off on our unbeaten streak. More of your pish please, AVFTT.

21 minutes ago, virginton said:

Nothing sums up McPake's mindset quite like using a BBC Scotland series to fire up the troops before the big derby match against Arbroath. A full-blown minter. 

FTFY.

As we are not all in the same mindset as McPake.

Just watched it on iplayer. Good show. I hadn’t seen that interview with Ryan Stevenson before. I had seen the others before but they were good ones so that was okay. Even the Sevco band at the end weren’t the worst band I’d seen on the show.