A View From The Terrace.

On the podcast note, I listen to Guardian Football Weekly (as well as The Terrace of course) and went along to their roadshow event in Glasgow SWG3 on Monday.

Anyone else go?

I was looking forward to it as I like Rushden, Glendenning and Wilson - who were all lining up with Jambo Ewan Murray.

Personal opinion though is that, whilst it was good to see these folks and hundreds were there to do so - the roadshow didn't really work.  Jonathan Wilson is good - and to be fair to Murray, he managed to offer a little more perspective on Scottish "Fitba" than the others who had the predictable Celtic this, Gerrard that, Scotland job, move on to EPL for next two hours.........

I left half an hour before the end, which was as much to do with the drive home being 2.5hrs and having work the next day - but partially due to some clumsy charades game that was just getting dull.

I'd probably rather go and see The Terrace lads than any future English based podcast live events in future.  Just don't care enough about Arsenal and Chelsea.

35 minutes ago, tarapoa said:

On the podcast note, I listen to Guardian Football Weekly (as well as The Terrace of course) and went along to their roadshow event in Glasgow SWG3 on Monday.

Anyone else go?

I was looking forward to it as I like Rushden, Glendenning and Wilson - who were all lining up with Jambo Ewan Murray.

Personal opinion though is that, whilst it was good to see these folks and hundreds were there to do so - the roadshow didn't really work.  Jonathan Wilson is good - and to be fair to Murray, he managed to offer a little more perspective on Scottish "Fitba" than the others who had the predictable Celtic this, Gerrard that, Scotland job, move on to EPL for next two hours.........

I left half an hour before the end, which was as much to do with the drive home being 2.5hrs and having work the next day - but partially due to some clumsy charades game that was just getting dull.

I'd probably rather go and see The Terrace lads than any future English based podcast live events in future.  Just don't care enough about Arsenal and Chelsea.

I was tempted to go along but gave it a miss.  Didn't think it would be worth the ultra late night and I'm glad to hear it wasn't anything special.

If The Terrace had a live show in either Dundee or Aberdeen then I'd be there in a heart beat. 

Francesc Fabregas (Craig G Telfer irl) is one of my favourite posters on this site.  Who has been a member here long enough to remember his Akabusi Sex Tales thread?  You're probably talking a decade ago now.

Good to get a mention

Glad Joel and his Mrs enjoyed their drinks [emoji23]

Some folk would think you’re a no-Mark VL for this but I think fair fucks to you! I hope Mr and Mrs Sked enjoyed their pints of Tennent’s (if they didn’t both want a pint of T I’d have retracted my offer)

2 hours ago, TheScarf said:

Francesc Fabregas (Craig G Telfer irl) is one of my favourite posters on this site.  Who has been a member here long enough to remember his Akabusi Sex Tales thread?  You're probably talking a decade ago now.

Fucking hell man I had forgotten about that. 

Has that been lost to a purge or is it still lurking somewhere?

2 minutes ago, well fan for life said:

Fucking hell man I had forgotten about that. 

Has that been lost to a purge or is it still lurking somewhere?

Think it was lost in one of Div's purges many years back :( . 

5 hours ago, kingjoey said:

Love it.

Amazing that the cover version from hyyts  is the most popular YouTube video from A View from the Terrace - it has had more than 16k views.  It also has more than 4k than the original that has been on YouTube for nearly 9 years. 

Edited by betting competition

5 hours ago, TheScarf said:

I mind them. did they originate here?

34 minutes ago, betting competition said:

Amazing that the cover version from hyyts  is the most popular YouTube video from A View from the Terrace - it has had more than 16k views.  It also has more than 4k than the original that has been on YouTube for nearly 9 years. 

Worth noting that there are tons of views on Facebook and Twitter too. For example, the Eriskay video has 179k views on Twitter - helped by the fact that FIFA tweeted about it.

Just now, TheScarf said:

I think he found them on another forum and posted the link to it here.  He wrote a few himself that were pretty good. 

Can you confirm @Francesc Fabregas

They originated on another forum. I'm not sure from where but I think they were written by "Rofl Lundgren". My own efforts were very poor in comparison with the original and I'm glad they've been purged from Pie and Bovril.