• Announcements

• Div

Pie and Bovril Nostalgia Mobile Phone Cases!   12/09/18

We are delighted to have partnered up with Nostalgia Cases to offer a huge range of fantastic Scottish Football phone cases to our visitors. These high quality cases are available in a range of retro and up to date designs and there variations available for all Premiership, Championship and League 1 clubs as well as four of the League 2 teams. Within each club there are a range of choices. You'll find it difficult to choose! This is an Edinburgh based start-up, and they also provide a custom design service so if there is a kit you don't see that you'd love for your phone you can get in touch with them and they'll add it to their range. Naturally there is a HUGE support for all the major phone manufacturers and models and what's more delivery in the UK is completely FREE. What's even better is that Pie and Bovril users can get 10% off their order using the coupon code PIEANDBOV Take a look and browse the full range for your favourite club by clicking through to the website below. https://bit.ly/2M5laZs

20 minutes ago, BoydiesBelly said:

I liked the Thistle song. 

Me too.

A pastiche of a Billy Connolly parody of a Dolly Parton cover of a Tammy Wynette song.

What's not to like?

Edited by Monkey Tennis

On 13/04/2019 at 22:33, Oleksandr said:

Here lads they're chatting shit about this thread over on the TV and film forum

It’s about 3 thumb swipes to find that forum.  Far too far away. 

It's not so much that the song was bad (well...it wasn't great), it's that lead singer.  He introduces the song in fairly plain accent then starts singing in this thick Glaswegian twang.  Then there's the horrendous pretentious dancing.  Then, to make things worse, he puts on sunglasses...for no reason whatsoever.  They also come across as total knobs on Twitter.

I've enjoyed the songs at the end of the episodes so far, but the tapes of that should've been burned in an inferno before they were ever broadcast!

To be contrary, not saying it was good but it was more memorable than the usual couple of blokes with an acoustic guitar singing a hauntingly beautiful cover. And i’ll be sure to have it my head when Partick dump us into the seaside leagues on the last day of the season.

On 4/13/2019 at 15:38, YassinMoutaouakil said:

Joel is fantastic.

Still slightly haunted by recurring nightmares of his Chilean holiday stories, mind.

I can vaguely remember this, can anyone tell me which pod it was from. Also will not hear a bad word about Joel, the boy is a motherfucking hero.

Saw Ricky Ross and Fowler chatting on Twitter earlier - all I want is Ricky Ross singing Beautiful Sunday on the show now.

The show's been great, getting better and better each week, I'm trying to get my non-football flatmates to watch it, they seem to like it. The BBC showing games on the Friday seems to make it more difficult for them, I've noticed that they're always skirting talking about the Championship - particularly the promotion hunt the last two weeks. Maybe for Season 2, they could have it on a Thursday night? But again that brings its own set of challenges, esp with filming two days in advance.

I wonder if the reason it's only on iPlayer for a week is something to do with rights for match footage in the show.

Getting all the goals or brief highlights packages for champ - league 2 would be good for next year - obviously quality will vary club to club but would be good to have them all in one place.

56 minutes ago, geo87 said:

Getting all the goals or brief highlights packages for champ - league 2 would be good for next year - obviously quality will vary club to club but would be good to have them all in one place.

If they get a 2nd series then surely they will run out of songs to be played at the end of each episode.  Would be great to have a decent highlights package there.

On 4/14/2019 at 13:54, BoydiesBelly said:

I liked the Thistle song. 

I like it too but its sad as I've listen to that song about 6 or 7 times on Youtube!  I've also ended to searching for the original song version as never heard it before :) 

Edited by betting competition

2 hours ago, geo87 said:

Just as an FYI btw, the SPFL Website's league video room bits has pretty much everything in a playlist:

https://spfl.co.uk/league/championship

https://spfl.co.uk/league/league-one

https://spfl.co.uk/league/league-two

People don’t seem to realise that the original version of T.H.I.S.T.L.E. was a heart-warming, self-effacing, piece of lyrical genius.

The cover on The Terrace ruined everything that was good about it.

Some amount of miserable b*****ds on here :lol: It’s almost as if music is subjective. Moreso than some can handle, evidently. Get over it.

The musical outros were a good idea in theory but pretty much all of them have came across a bit wanky. Though tbf that's maybe an inevitability considering the sort of people penning acoustic ballads about Scottish football.

That's them got another three episodes this series, taking them right up to the end of the season.
I'd imagine this means it's likely that they'll get another series too.

2 minutes ago, Francesc Fabregas said:

Thank you very much for the comments and feedback about the show over the last few weeks - it's great to read it's struck a chord with supporters and we're delighted with how it's been received so far. We're still learning as we go and trying to make each episode better than the last. Working on the show has been the best fun I've ever had in my life and I'm delighted to have the chance to continue up until the Scottish Cup final.

We hope you keep on watching until then!

You think you or one of your co-hosts can manage to shoehorn in an Akabusi Sex Tales reference in the remaining shows?

1 hour ago, Francesc Fabregas said:

Thank you very much for the comments and feedback about the show over the last few weeks - it's great to read it's struck a chord with supporters and we're delighted with how it's been received so far. We're still learning as we go and trying to make each episode better than the last. Working on the show has been the best fun I've ever had in my life and I'm delighted to have the chance to continue up until the Scottish Cup final.

We hope you keep on watching until then!

Pretty funny reading this in your voice now.