A View From The Terrace.

14 hours ago, Flybhoy said:

Hiya Stuart Cosgrove, hiya mate. 😃

I'd have rather St. Johnstone went up to be honest.

County missing a virtual open goal at 2-2 then Grady scoring the winner while about 2,000 glory hunters in the away end celebrated as we went down was just a huge kick in the knackers.

19 minutes ago, Comrie said:

I'd have rather St. Johnstone went up to be honest.

County missing a virtual open goal at 2-2 then Grady scoring the winner while about 2,000 glory hunters in the away end celebrated as we went down was just a huge kick in the knackers.

Including a Ross County "fan" going by the absolutely dreadful Gretna book.

6 hours ago, Comrie said:

Nothing worse than a rabid OF fan hiding behind a "wee team" as cover.

She doesn't shield her allegiances to Celtic though so hardly hiding?

Personally I don't get following more than one team myself regardless of who or where they are. I devote so much time and money to supporting my team that having another team would just feel a bit fake tbh. A fair few people on here though seem to have a junior team as well as following a team in the top 3/4 leagues which I suppose Linlithgow were juniors and were always going to be up untill not that long ago with Scottish football being a closed shop in general.

Edited by gannonball

15 hours ago, realmadrid said:

With Grady i had assumed he was referring to Geoff Brown who spoke about them when they put us out of the cup in 06 and then kept going until the happy ending.

There were a lot of errors in that film on Friday. Grady seemed to think Saints strolled the last game of the season when it was a 4-3 game at Hamilton and im sure the lead was double figures at one point.

Very much a repeat of all the living the dream pish of the time. 

This isn't perfect as postponed/rearranged days but...

Screenshot_20230321_112102_Chrome.thumb.jpg.42e9142272976a1956faf02f6897539c.jpg

It reckons we then beat them 2-1 at home to bring it down to 9.

4 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

This isn't perfect as postponed/rearranged days but...

Screenshot_20230321_112102_Chrome.thumb.jpg.42e9142272976a1956faf02f6897539c.jpg

It reckons we then beat them 2-1 at home to bring it down to 9.

That win at home to Gretna caused some absolute scenes. Still convinced Main let the winner in.

18 minutes ago, mizfit said:

That win at home to Gretna caused some absolute scenes. Still convinced Main let the winner in.

All i remember from that game is the weird hoardings we had pitchside (which never appeared again) which kept blowing onto the pitch.

26 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

All i remember from that game is the weird hoardings we had pitchside (which never appeared again) which kept blowing onto the pitch.

I remember both our goals and a police officer in front of us jumping up going mental when we scored the second, I remember who I was sat with but I cannot remember those fucking hoardings you keep mentioning 😂

45 minutes ago, mizfit said:

I remember both our goals and a police officer in front of us jumping up going mental when we scored the second, I remember who I was sat with but I cannot remember those fucking hoardings you keep mentioning 😂

Screenshot_20230321_130841_YouTube.thumb.jpg.c476de727200d066b0326d698f582adf.jpg

The blue thing. Was about 3/4 pitchside in front of the east stand.

Memory is they got removed at half time or got pushed right up against the wall, as they kept blowing onto the pitch.

Literally all i remember from the game bar how busy it was.

19 hours ago, Busta Nut said:

Aye she's a Celtic fan with an accent. They do flaunt this "she likes Bonnyrigg" thing though.

I seem to remember her saying she supported "the good guys" last time she was on.

They're not the good guys. They're really not.

10 hours ago, Busta Nut said:

I don't mind her until she references Celtic every chance she gets.

I'm just Anti OF tbh so maybe my fault.

It’s an old firm thing that, they’ve made a semi final between Falkirk and Inverness all about the old firm already.

On 20/03/2023 at 10:37, TheScarf said:

I actually thought for the longest time that they never scored against us but they actually scored twice.  We beat them 2-1 and 6-1 in two of our meetings.

For years I was sure we played one of our games against them at Livi in front of about 250 fans after they stiffed Motherwell for rent but I was recently told I made that up to myself.

I had a mate who was a mate with someone who knew someone who signed for Gretna in the up and they were getting paid about £800 a week plus win bonus m, which they got every week. They also got a car to travel in. Completely mental.

20 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

For years I was sure we played one of our games against them at Livi in front of about 250 fans after they stiffed Motherwell for rent but I was recently told I made that up to myself.

I had a mate who was a mate with someone who knew someone who signed for Gretna in the up and they were getting paid about £800 a week plus win bonus m, which they got every week. They also got a car to travel in. Completely mental.

They played Celtic at Livi. Big team found imo. 

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/36621/12836005/kevin-mcnaughton-former-cardiff-and-scotland-player-discusses-his-battle-with-depression

Not really sure where else to put this but pretty gutwrenching to hear a young successful guy speak like that.

As someone who faces his own demons on a daily basis, really powerful to hear someone like Kevin speaningso openly about it.

Asking for help is a hard but rewarding step. Hope anyone on this forum going through stuff takes those steps if they need it.

Hello, this is a very polite reminder that A View from the Terrace is on the BBC Scotland channel at 10:30pm.

If you like a bunch of Heart of Midlothian supporters laughing at their own jokes... then, sir, do I have something for you!

(If that sounds horrible, give it a go all the same.)